FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island 4th Annual Parking Lot Sale - MAHALO!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Forbidden Island 4th Annual Parking Lot Sale - MAHALO!!
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 3:38 pm   Permalink

This is seriously awesome!!! Thanks Mike!

Quote:

On 2009-09-16 10:04, Molokai Mike wrote:
ATTENTION KILL DEVIL CLUB MEMBERS!

You and your special livers are getting VIP treatment at FI’s 4th annual parking lot sale!

Doors open to the general public at 2PM – but show up between 1:45 and 1:59 and you’ll be allowed into the bar, where you can hang out and have a cocktail in the “VIP lounge” until the back lot opens at 2PM sharp – giving you first dibs on the goods! Just identify yourself to the door guy (he’ll have a check list) when you arrive early.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CP
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-16 10:13 pm   Permalink

Photo op!!!

View Profile of CP Send a personal message to CP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Easter Island Elvis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-17 11:30 am   Permalink

Hey, is anyone carpooling up from So Cal at all...? Lemme know if so!

View Profile of Easter Island Elvis Send a personal message to Easter Island Elvis  Email Easter Island Elvis Goto the website of Easter Island Elvis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-17 7:21 pm   Permalink

I will have rare videos as seen at Forbidden Island and Frankies Tiki room with Hula girls, Tikis, Vintage surfing, interiors/exteriors of Don The Beachcomber/Trader Vic's (Waikiki), Pago Pago (Tuscon), The Tikis (Monterey Park),
Christian's Hut (Newport Beach), video music with Buddy Merrill, Martin Denny, Paul Page, Lani McIntyre, Hilo Hattie, and many more. Plus pufferfish lamps, Netted float lamps, and as much stuff as I can cram into my 5 X 10 booth.

Some floats can be seen here...
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=33507&forum=12&12

I will only bring a couple of Pufferfish lamps that are inside a netted float so if you want one PM me to be sure so I can make one for you.

I will also be representing Oklehao and his Song Shen black velvet paintings.

I have not been to the Bay area for 15 years so please stop by and introduce yourself. Looking forward to meeting you all and seeing Forbidden Island and hopefully Trader Vic's.

Aloha

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-18 08:33 am   Permalink

bongofury it will be good to have you brah.
These palmwood Brothers of Moai will be at F.I.,.......I think.
and this four ft. blowgun monkey killer.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-09-24 19:22 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Okolehao
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-18 3:03 pm   Permalink

Got some Song Shen velvets showing up with Bongofury. A little bit of everything with most paintings in beautiful bamboo embossed dark wood frames.

[ This Message was edited by: Okolehao 2009-09-20 07:13 ]

View Profile of Okolehao Send a personal message to Okolehao  Goto the website of Okolehao     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 10:51 am   Permalink

or if you can't afford a REAL Black Velvet we'll have some prints by GECKO's Uncle Leo of Hawaii for just $20 bucks a pop....in limited quantity!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-21 7:37 pm   Permalink

I may bring a few mugs to sell also....I'm right across the way from ya Vic....no testing the blowgun!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 9:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-21 19:37, bongofury wrote:
I may bring a few mugs to sell also....I'm right across the way from ya Vic....no testing the blowgun!

Only on monkeys big brother.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-22 5:45 pm   Permalink

ONLY 5 DAYS AWAY AND COUNTING!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fabgabsvintage

Posted: 2009-09-23 11:09 am   Permalink

Fab Gabs Vintage Co. is VERY excited to be a part of this event!

Stuffed into a very crowded 5x10 space will be a crowded rack of men's vintage aloha shirts, a rack of women's aloha dresses and vintage 40's/50's/early 60's rockabilly wear, a small rack of men's vintage 50s duds and some cool mid-century lamps too! Oh, and the shelf with some fun pieces of kitsch... you'll just have to wait until Sunday to see it all!

All men's aloha shirts - regardless of price - are buy 4 get 1 free! (Free shirt of equal or lesser value!) So come stock up at Fab Gabs!

There will be a few worthy reproductions in the mix, but 95% of the aloha shirts are authentic vintage, there's some fantastic pieces! Featured on the mannequins will be a 1938 Kamehameha Gauguin Wedding Set - XL shirt and stunning ladie's holomuu, provided by a local Bay Area collector.

[ This Message was edited by: fabgabsvintage 2009-09-23 11:12 ]

View Profile of fabgabsvintage Send a personal message to fabgabsvintage  Goto the website of fabgabsvintage     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-23 4:22 pm   Permalink

Anybody heading to the sale that lives near or is driving past Tiki Farm? I need a favor and will make it worth your while.
Send me a PM.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-24 5:47 pm   Permalink

3 DAYS TO GO!!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-24 10:46 pm   Permalink

Can't wait for this weekend! I've been working on some new pieces that will debut at the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale...

I made a couple of larger plush Tiki Bobs. They're a little over 2 feet tall, and about 9" in diameter.

I also made a couple of Tiki Bob messenger bags.
Bags measure 10" x 15" and the face is a smaller pocket. The bags are made of corduroy, vinyl and Naugahyde.

And I made some framed maps made from vinyl, fuzzy car upholstery and Naugahyde. They are inspired by those vintage maps from travel agencies of south seas islands, and are all three dimensional and stuff!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-24 11:03 pm   Permalink

Eric love all the Tiki Bob action but those maps came out awesome!

Cant wait to see it all in person!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation