FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKIYAKI 2nd Semi-Annual Lodge Night and Swap Meet ! - OCT 10th @ Mayflower Club - FREE SHOT GLASS !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
TIKIYAKI 2nd Semi-Annual Lodge Night and Swap Meet ! - OCT 10th @ Mayflower Club - FREE SHOT GLASS !
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-14 1:36 pm   Permalink

Luke, the feeling is mutual. You and Bong are great peeps as well as great musicians. I don't Pat very well, but he's the real deal, and that's always great to see.

Always a pleasure being on a bill with you guys, seeing you perform, or just hangin' out, talkin' story, and sharing a drink (especially the infamous Bong Mai Tai !)

So...right back atcha !!!

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-15 02:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-14 12:44, lucas vigor wrote:
I am going to break my Tiki vow of silence for a few minutes just to let you know something, Jim;

Although I did not attend this event, I had the pleasure of seeing you guys play at the Soccertiki/woohoo wedding recently and I must say, the Tikiyaki Orchestra has never sounded better! Crisp, tight, professional! What a group! A sincere thanks are owed to you for putting together this fine project, and bringing all of us a real exotica band for the current generation. Your hard work and dedication to your craft are of the very highest level. Your new drummer is awesome!
On a general note, I really appreciate the fact that all the current members of your band are such nice guys. Every one of them! All of you guys treat me and the rest of the Smoking Menehunes organization with a level of respect that is humbling and very much appreciated. That kind of loyalty and friendship is very important to me. You support my band, and I know how busy you are. You somehow manage to find the time to come to our shows. It is refreshing to have one's peers and fellow artists demonstrate such a consistent amount of camradarie and true friendship. That's the "aloha" spirit. Every time I think some people are forgetting that, someone like you and your band come along and reminds me that not all artists have huge egos! Not all artists "boycott" other artists. I think you know what I mean.

Anyway, I just could not resist letting you know publically how much I appreciate your band,and your professional attitude.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled silence!

that was well said..... here here...

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 09:11 am   Permalink

Hey Lucas,
now get out to a show, to support back.

hell if you had called me, I would have driven you up to the Tikiyaki show.
ya bum.

love ya buddy.
Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-17 5:31 pm   Permalink

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1243325476179&ref=mf

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 3:02 pm   Permalink

I was very bummed that I was not able to make this event, I was so looking forward to it.
My father had a fall and I had to rush up to Northern Cal. on very short notice.
Amazing how life throws us curve balls sometimes.Tikiyaki puts on an amazing show .
Class act all the way , not to mention they are all just a nice group of guys .
I will continue to support this band and unless hell freezes over I will be at their
next gig for sure.
Aloha -Bill

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 5:54 pm   Permalink

speaking of next show.
any news on that Jim?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-21 09:48 am   Permalink

Tiki Oasis.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-21 10:07 am   Permalink

We're working on several shows coming up.

We're working out the details on The second Jungle Jetsetter's New year's Eve Ball at Don the Beachcomber....not set in stone yet, but looking very good. Last year was so much fun, we just have to do it again

Also, we're planning big shows in San Francisco and San Diego for next year.

Next year will be a great year for the band, and as GROG mentioned Tiki Oasis, hopefully.

Anyway, I'll make the announcements as we confirm dates.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-21 10:52 am   Permalink

Jim-

I forgot to ask about the shotglasses at the gig...I never receievd one!

(I don't have a membership card either, damn!)

Did I miss something at the gig?

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-21 6:27 pm   Permalink

Good to know about the upcoming (?) New Year's Eve show, Jim. I was just wondering what my wife & I were going to do to ring in 2010 and hanging out with you & the gang would be superb!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-22 10:21 am   Permalink

Thanks for the INFO Jim,
yeah I hope NYE happens too.
that was a perfect way to spend the evening.
crossing my fingers.

Jeff(btd)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation