FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKIYAKI 2nd Semi-Annual Lodge Night and Swap Meet ! - OCT 10th @ Mayflower Club - FREE SHOT GLASS !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
TIKIYAKI 2nd Semi-Annual Lodge Night and Swap Meet ! - OCT 10th @ Mayflower Club - FREE SHOT GLASS !
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-13 11:42 am   Permalink

I wished that I could have been there !!! I had to take some much needed work instead!! Thanks everybody for posting photos!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-13 12:57 pm   Permalink

Great Show Boys and a ton of fun thanks! Sounded perfectly balanced and the dynamics were right on. CAPTIVATING!

Terrific photographs everyone and wish I had more time to shop but,

I had to come from work at the TONGA HUT so MAHALO everyone who came in and shared their time with us and enjoyed some "Hiphip" Original Tiki Cocktails!

Then off to the Tikiyaki Show!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-13 1:27 pm   Permalink

We would've stopped by the Tonga Hut before the show to say hi, Hiphipahula, but we were in Ventura for the Scottish Highland Festival. Would've much preferred one of your Coconut Burn Cocktails to the haggis!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-13 2:04 pm   Permalink

Haggis ! Reminds me of "So I married an Axe Murderer"

Thanx for those pix guys, Sven I liked the way those shots were lit...really cool.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-13 4:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-13 13:27, Tobor64 wrote:
We would've stopped by the Tonga Hut before the show to say hi, Hiphipahula, but we were in Ventura for the Scottish Highland Festival. Would've much preferred one of your Coconut Burn Cocktails to the haggis!

HipHiPaHulA!!! Come see me soon!!! Thanks for the ku-do's Ohana!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nelsonstikihut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-13 4:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-13 00:27, tobunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-12 15:45, nelsonstikihut wrote:
I just wanted to share my Eric October painting I got for my Birthday on Saturday! Such an AMAZING artist and I don't think it could have gone any better in my hallway! THANK YOU!!!!

Aloha Mandy!

A big mahalo to you and Chris for giving the Hitchhiking TIkis a great home! Looks like the painting was made for that wall!

The work you guys do is outta this world cool! I just need to sell a few more paintings and maybe I can afford one of those awesome tiki saucer lamps... if you can keep 'em in stock!

Oh, and what an incredible night! Another fabulous performance from the Tikiyaki Orchestra!

As for the one set or two question, I like the schmooze time you get between sets (maybe it even helps swap meet sales) but either way works fer me! (was that THE most unhelpful response possible?)

I know! Once I hung it up I was like "DAMN did he SEE my hallway?! Was this a plan?!" haha! Whenever you like we'll be ready and willing to make you a special flying saucer! And I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for more new stuff from you!

As for the sets guys, I kinda like the 2 sets...but that's just me, Mr. Nelson might feel differently!

View Profile of nelsonstikihut Send a personal message to nelsonstikihut  Email nelsonstikihut Goto the website of nelsonstikihut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bewitched By Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-13 7:46 pm   Permalink

Look how happy everybody is to be taking their pledge.

Something funny happen to GroG. He taller know.

Happy Birthday again from Kelly and Carrie to Jeff (Big Tiki Dude)

Nice glitter on the guitar Jim. Love the color

View Profile of Bewitched By Tiki Send a personal message to Bewitched By Tiki  Email Bewitched By Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-13 7:58 pm   Permalink

Zaya and I had a great time at the Mayflower again.It was well worth the drive up from SD. It only took an hour and thirty five minutes to get there, hardly anytime at all! It was nice seeing all our friends and thanks to all who stopped by my vending area in the closet to say Hi.

Hete we were with FezORama:

FezOrama are total pros.They havethe perfect portable setup:

The swearing in:

Nice backdrop. This is a pretty sweet venue:

Action shots:

Some Buzzy loyalists recieve their bounty:

Well worth the price of admission!

See you all next time!
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JetSetiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-14 12:05 am   Permalink

As usual, you guys were the top! I was very inspired watching you play, and the Mayflower is a great hang. I'm slowly getting to know more tiki folks, and it's always great to see the familiar faces. Really dug the spoken word on "Detroit Rock City"; that take is real close to home...you Nutty fans will know what I'm talkin' about.

As far as one set vs separate sets, I'm a fan of playing a full length show in concert mode. People tend to wander between sets, which can take away from the energy you get from the set. But, for this particular event, it's good for the vendors. I think either one works, but in this case having a little break between sets is cool. You can go get more refreshments or get some of that tiki shopping done, then settle back in for another dose of Tikiyaki!

Great night, guys. It's time to do a show together!

Retro Rock meets Jetsetter Jazz
It's a gas!

View Profile of JetSetiki Send a personal message to JetSetiki  Email JetSetiki Goto the website of JetSetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Acronotus

Posted: 2009-10-14 01:08 am   Permalink

Yes, JetSet, Tikiyaki and Nutty together would be the bomb!
As for one set or two... I was happy we got two as I arrived late, having been distracted by shiny, liquid things at Tonga Hut. Also allowed me to do some shopping. Looking forward to the next show.

View Profile of Acronotus Send a personal message to Acronotus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-14 11:28 am   Permalink

I'm sorry I missed this show...had to pick the missus up from a week long trip to Amsterdam, so she wasn't feeling the trip out to the valley. One question though...who is this on drums?

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-14 11:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-14 11:28, Jason Wickedly wrote:
One question though...who is this on drums?

The Same guy that played with them on New Years Eve last year.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiman91205

Posted: 2009-10-14 11:51 am   Permalink

Thanks Jim, We had a great time! Tikiyaki rocked the house, we made cool new friends and overall had a really killer time!!
Btw, I still have a few tikis left if anybody needs one

I'm not sure how to make this picture thing work

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiman91205 2009-10-14 18:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiman91205 2009-10-14 18:39 ]

View Profile of Tikiman91205 Send a personal message to Tikiman91205  Email Tikiman91205     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-14 12:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-14 11:28, Jason Wickedly wrote:
I'm sorry I missed this show...had to pick the missus up from a week long trip to Amsterdam, so she wasn't feeling the trip out to the valley. One question though...who is this on drums?

That's our new drummer "Steady Eddie". He also performed with us New year's Eve. He's a full fledged Tikiyaki member now.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-14 12:44 pm   Permalink

I am going to break my Tiki vow of silence for a few minutes just to let you know something, Jim;

Although I did not attend this event, I had the pleasure of seeing you guys play at the Soccertiki/woohoo wedding recently and I must say, the Tikiyaki Orchestra has never sounded better! Crisp, tight, professional! What a group! A sincere thanks are owed to you for putting together this fine project, and bringing all of us a real exotica band for the current generation. Your hard work and dedication to your craft are of the very highest level. Your new drummer is awesome!
On a general note, I really appreciate the fact that all the current members of your band are such nice guys. Every one of them! All of you guys treat me and the rest of the Smoking Menehunes organization with a level of respect that is humbling and very much appreciated. That kind of loyalty and friendship is very important to me. You support my band, and I know how busy you are. You somehow manage to find the time to come to our shows. It is refreshing to have one's peers and fellow artists demonstrate such a consistent amount of camradarie and true friendship. That's the "aloha" spirit. Every time I think some people are forgetting that, someone like you and your band come along and reminds me that not all artists have huge egos! Not all artists "boycott" other artists. I think you know what I mean.

Anyway, I just could not resist letting you know publically how much I appreciate your band,and your professional attitude.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled silence!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation