FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-06 12:44 am   Permalink

The "No Reservations" Holiday special that shows the Otto's Shrunken Head footage is on the Travel Channel this Monday. Check your local cable listings.

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-07 4:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-26 06:48, hiltiki wrote:
Dexter tonight, can't wait.

That show is crack cocaine. Don't read below if you didn't watch the episode that aired on December 5th:

What did you think of Dexter killing Stan Liddy so quick? I was hoping his character would spill over to the next season. I still love the show and think it's probably the best thing on television, but that last episode felt a little like a fantasy whirlwind.

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
klockwork
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-07 9:50 pm   Permalink

The Walking Dead. Pretty good production value for a TV show and they've kept fairly close to the comic book which is nice to see.

View Profile of klockwork Send a personal message to klockwork      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-08 07:39 am   Permalink

I liked The Walking Dead a lot as well. Very glad it is coming back for a second season.
For years now I have watched very little tv, but there have been several shows lately that have hooked me. I never miss an episode of True Blood and can't wait for the new season. The remake of V snagged me because it was somewhat of a sequel to the series from my high school days. They are bringing back the old queen from the 80s in the new season, so that will be fun. Raising Hope is my current favorite-it's so fun and weird and quirky. Pretty good example of modern Southern gothic.

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-08 08:09 am   Permalink

I'm probably one of the few in the world without cable, but I do get RTV and lately I've been watching the Rockford Files. Funny to see now how much stock footage they use in each episode!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-08 9:30 pm   Permalink

Walking Dead, Regular Show, and Transformers:Prime. A very cool reworking of Tranformers on The Hub that does a good job of working in various characters and situations from the live action films, various animated series, and the animated movie. If your a fan of Reanimator, you have to smile that "Herbert West" voices the Autobot doctor.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-13 6:08 pm   Permalink

Two great movies on TCM right now, "Young Man with a Horn" and afterwards "Ace in the Hole"
(my TC namesake) two great movies staring Kirk Douglas.
Same time on the East & West coasts, Watch em!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-14 11:50 am   Permalink

Waiting for Justified to come back on. Futurama. Etc.

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-15 12:14 pm   Permalink

i got myself jonny quest (1964) so working my way through that. also the moonbase showcases star trek the animated series every night and episodes of cheers every 6pm.

btw: anyone remember this show?

[ This Message was edited by: socksoff 2011-09-15 12:20 ]

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-24 10:04 pm   Permalink

just saw this on the television demand box. so far so good, but a little over dramatized.

socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 12:09 am   Permalink

just watched this. i actually "kinda" like it, despite the forced drama, digital planes and overly clean cinematography. much better than playboy club.

Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 12:11 am   Permalink

Pan Am....

Agreed. I think this show is off to a good start, and isn't it funny shows are now going back in realistic time, versus some emo vampire saga crap!? hahah, so glad the lame fads are fading, and maybe people are going to start developing taste again...

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2011-09-26 00:15 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 01:48 am   Permalink

Hot women in vintage styles, the cgi was noticeable but bearable since vintage aircraft are in very short supply, nice vintage cars, vivid colors and clean photography give some of the shots a surrealistic feel to them, some of the storyline was pretty good and captured the time well while other parts of it were a bit out there. All in all I enjoyed it, looking forward to next week.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fiji Mermaid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-09-26 2:10 pm   Permalink

No Reservations
Dexter
That's about it. I've heard Mad Men is good, but I work in advertising and really don't want to take it home with me.I'm going to check out this Paranormal Witness thing eventually. Mostly, this time of year I watch horror movies. LOTS of horror movies. Made the transition from tiki season to horror with a horror movie called "Tiki". It was awful, and apparently filmed for about 87 cents, but it kept the guests at my last tiki party laughing.

View Profile of Fiji Mermaid Send a personal message to Fiji Mermaid  Goto the website of Fiji Mermaid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 2:30 pm   Permalink

I am totally locked into "Breaking Bad" right now, all hell is breaking loose!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation