FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-26 2:47 pm   Permalink

I recently found this cartoon while watching television with my niece.

http://www.qubo.com/willa_show.asp

She (my niece) doesn't understand it (yet), she likes the animals in it. I like that it's drawn in a modernist/abstract style, plus the main character and her father live in a MCM home. I want to say I read this cartoon was based on the book "An octopus followed me home". Anyways, I figured if any of you had kids, you might want to know about it. I thought it was cute.

[ This Message was edited by: unkle john 2010-01-27 11:26 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Agent 86
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-26 4:49 pm   Permalink

On an episode of Overhaulin' where the woman whose car they redo is into Tikis.

[ This Message was edited by: Agent 86 2010-01-26 17:02 ]

View Profile of Agent 86 Send a personal message to Agent 86      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-29 08:03 am   Permalink

Darna and the Pinoy TV edition of Family Fued on GMA.

That's about it, I don't do much current television.
The irony of it is I work at a TV/radio station.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 11:49 pm   Permalink

So the new season of "Lost" premiered tonight.
I know alot of TCers watched, Time for the feedback.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 04:28 am   Permalink

New Sarah Silverman Tonight on comedy central!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-19 4:08 pm   Permalink

This may be of interest

Flat People, Deep Thoughts
Ricky Gervais returns to HBO as a 2-D philosopher
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703315004575073273614014284.html?mod=WSJ_hp_editorsPicks

View Profile of martian-tiki Send a personal message to martian-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
msteeln
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 6:41 pm   Permalink

Not caring much for TV anymore, I've been digging all the old episodes of late 50s era Highway Patrol starring the great Broderick Crawford on www.fancast.com

View Profile of msteeln Send a personal message to msteeln  Email msteeln     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-22 05:17 am   Permalink

MT, watched the new Ricky Gervais show, got to say it bored the hell out of me.
it sure has been a bit boring for TV as of late, Lost has the concurrent narrative which if handled right can be interesting, well see?
The Sara Silverman show is really twisted & funny, Looking forward to the new season of Breaking Bad.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 10:01 pm   Permalink

Well I would say for the most part the lost series finale pretty much jumped the shark for me,though it had some fine character
moments,but since the show started as a mystery,I expected "some" answers to all the plot points/machinations
but in the end many things just made no sense whatsoever.

What did all of you think?

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 10:02 pm   Permalink

The best show this year was Breaking Bad! just a great show.

Baron von Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-16 01:08 am   Permalink

Like a lot of folks here, I'm waiting for Mad Men to return for season 4. And, of course, I never get tired of watching episodes of the original "Twilight Zone."

As for other shows I'm keeping up with, I'm waiting for "Supernatural" and the re-imagined "V" series to return from hiatus.

View Profile of Baron von Tiki Send a personal message to Baron von Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-16 07:37 am   Permalink

I'm back to Burn Notice - I LOVE Michael's mom's (Sharon Gless) place. I'm creating that effect (minus the ciggy smoke - even though I DO smoke!) in my living room.

For people into the SHAG look (like me) there's a cartoon on this station called QUBO where this little girl has a yard full of exotic animals that all talk to her - but it's drawn in the mid-century modern look. I don't watch very often but it's cute and fun to look at the backgrounds!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 6:30 pm   Permalink

Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations new season started last Monday on the Travel Channel ,Be sure to watch out for a upcoming
episode where he go's to NY's Otto's Shrunken Head! I will see if that is listed on his website yet.

Rescue Me is on its second new show of the summer,Last episode was very funny!

twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-09 7:40 pm   Permalink

Man, Denis Leary's gotta stop that lip-pursing habit. Dude's got the mouth of an 80-year-old!

Trying out "Persons Unknown". Group of people with iffy pasts trapped in an empty town they can't leave. Acting is not up there in quality but it's mildly interesting.
WAS watching "Happy Town" but it got axed quick. Too dark, quirky, I guess.

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-09 9:30 pm   Permalink

The new episodes of Futurama on Comedy Central have been very funny, I think the new venue
is allowing for an edgier show and it's helping!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation