FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Atomic Tiki Punk makes stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Atomic Tiki Punk makes stuff
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-06 08:19 am   Permalink

wood good!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 12:41 am   Permalink

Yes...Yes...wood iiiiissssss good.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 10:00 am   Permalink

Seriously: WHITE IS NOT RIGHT.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-08 4:47 pm   Permalink

You could also do straw matting on the wall.
I rent too and I can only paint my walls Navajo white.

Nice mug display.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-09 9:45 pm   Permalink

Well my new TikiFarm mugs showed up today & I need a new shelf to put them in, Back to bulding again.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-18 01:23 am   Permalink

I got around to making a few new things in the same sytle as the first shelf...All props go to Bamboo Ben, this is clearly inspired by his style.

I needed a couple of new frames for some Doug Horne prints...

Also I wanted to mount a couple of masks in a custom frame....

And last I needed a new Mug Shelf for those new Tiki Farm mugs...

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-09-18 01:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-09-18 01:26 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-18 11:36 am   Permalink

The wood is finished and sealed, hard to see on the frames, please no more comments on the white walls.
I will post a picture with the Mugs in the self for a finished look,soon.

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-09-18 11:37 ]

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-18 1:36 pm   Permalink

here's a suggestion..don't know if anyone mentioned it...years ago, when i used to rent, i had white walls in the tiki room too...i found a way around it by going to the salvation army and buying as many bamboo matchstick roll down curtains they had....i hung these on the walls, dead center according to size...next, i hung my masks and tiki displays over the top of it...it made all the difference in the world. when the time came to move, all i had to do was patch a few holes...no paint, no mess.

..forgot to mention, cut all the strings and remove the roller mechanism from the curtains..you won't need them...otherwise it looks like you just slapped a curtain up on the wall...without them in the way it looks like a concious design decision....

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2009-09-18 13:39 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-18 2:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks Mr. McStagger,

As per supreme Landlord request, I am unable to make any paint or covering of the paint upgrades, hey he is the guy that says so...
So we make the best of it, don't want to piss off the supreme landlord, now if he was the Jack Lord of Landlords, we would be the Bees Knees.
Since this thread is about my amature wood working projects, please feel free to critique them all you want.
So no more white wall talk you people, pleaaaaase....

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-09-18 14:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-09-18 14:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-09-19 03:36 ]

Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-09-19 12:22 am   Permalink

Hey Punk... Your shelf and frames are great.. I'm going to need to be making something similar..
aloha

"TikiPop" On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-09-19 12:32 am   Permalink

Atomic Tiki Punk, I think your frames are great. Please send one to me, Do it now! I will even let you pay for shipping! Yes? A 12" x 18" opening would work well. Looking forward! Please PM me and I'll reply with my shipping address.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-19 03:16 am   Permalink

Hey Thanks you guys, I will send everyone stuff, just PM your credit card info to me, ahhhhhhh...
I mean...you need to get your own frames, cause.....I...been collecting frames before you where born.....Yea...cause I am king of frames & shelves, worship me.....now....

Sorry, I got full of myself for a moment, better now, is it good to seal & finish wood in an enclosed space...Look it's a pink cat driving a car......

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-09-19 03:34 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-19 03:31 am   Permalink

Hakalugi
Your frame will be in the mail on Monday, enjoy!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-19 03:39 am   Permalink

I feel like Oprah! and you get a frame, and you get a Frame! every body look under your chairs right now!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-19 10:48 pm   Permalink

Update: OK here is the latest shelf with some mugs, I decided my bobblehead Moai needed a shelf too....
My God I am driven to make shelves for everything! I must be Maddddddd!

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-09-19 22:49 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation