FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Atomic Tiki Punk makes stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Atomic Tiki Punk makes stuff
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 10:36 pm   Permalink

Many Thanks Brad! now we will see how the Digga Doo Frame/Shelf comes out.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 6:14 pm   Permalink

OK changed it up a bit, I wanted to frame Doug Horne's Devil Girl print because it needs to get on my wall! now.
I used a stock frame that I think goes better with this particular print, Then I made a custom Mat using leopard print fabric

The print just needed the leopard border, it was a moral imperative that had to be done.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-09 11:21 pm   Permalink

Very Swanky ATP!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 11:50 pm   Permalink

Many Thanks MDM! here it is in context.....

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-16 11:41 pm   Permalink

I have been playing around with cement for awhile
been making these Moai for the back yard, all free form & no molds so they look a bit rough.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-17 08:51 am   Permalink

ATP, nice texture and color - very stone-like. I had tried concrete with black and white aquarium gravel to get a stone look but I wasn't impressed - care to share your secret?

Rather impressive for free-form without a mold - delicate balance of just the righ consistency to sculpt. Did you put a finish of some sort on it?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 12:27 pm   Permalink

MDM,
Its a bit tricky as you have to let the cement dry enough so it will hold its shape
but then you are on the clock & have to haul ass, because you have maybe 30 or 40 minutes to sculpt before it is set.

Yes I used fast setting cement & finished it with one of those stone paint finishs & varnish
looks good but outside, weathers quickly.

I may have to start playing with an acid finish to get a better weathering effect.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-19 11:55 pm   Permalink

I did not make anything new today!

talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 5:44 pm   Permalink

man..thats all nice as hell. <sigh> i have no talent or skill at that at all.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-23 5:52 pm   Permalink

And a HELLA cook, too!!

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 5:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks! Amy & Talo....

zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-23 7:13 pm   Permalink

Great room and great woodwork Atomic!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-27 10:04 am   Permalink

really impressive work ATP. Your place looks great!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-28 6:19 pm   Permalink

swank pad!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 6:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks Brad! I have been working all weekend on the Digga Doo Shelf project, I finally had a bit of free time.
But did take time out last night to go to Don the beachcomber.

I will post pictures in the next few days, Thanks to all of you for your kind comments!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation