FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Cannibal Lounge, , FL (home-bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Cannibal Lounge, , FL (home-bar)
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 5:51 pm   Permalink

Wow. That's gorgeous!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 5:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-12 19:42, GatorRob wrote:

Entrance from the living room

So innocent looking from this angle...

Quote:

..then POW! BAM!

Great intimate space and attention to detail. I can't wait to see what the outside has to offer.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 8:07 pm   Permalink

You did a beautiful job. The lighting and decor are both perfect.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 03:05 am   Permalink

Thank you everyone. Your kind responses have really floored me! I drew a lot of inspiration and tips from the people here on TC over the years, so hopefully our room will inspire someone else to get busy building their personal Tiki space.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-16 04:02 am   Permalink

Wow...now that is doin in up right!!! Very inspiring, love the bar back and the lighting is very cocktailish. FABULOUS

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-16 10:29 am   Permalink

Sweet!!!! Excellent execution.
The Tiki behind the bar looks perfect with the tall ceilings.

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-19 5:51 pm   Permalink

The root ball tiki is off the charts!

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fugu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-20 3:53 pm   Permalink

The whole room looks fantastic! The entrance from the living room is really cool and it just gets better and better from there.

View Profile of Fugu Send a personal message to Fugu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 03:29 am   Permalink

Agreed on all counts. This has that dimly-lit, mysterious vibe found only in the best Polynesian spots. Were I sitting at that bar, I'd get that "constantly looking over my shoulder" feeling, where I feel like some live tiki might come sneaking out of the shadows - and that's intended as a compliment. Very nice work.

Look forward to seeing shots of the patio. Definitely needs a few torches, preferably of the big-flame or gas kind, and lots of dense jungle greenery with a few dark, spooky carvings picked out by the flame and the dim light from the windows. Maybe a little lava rock waterfall in an outer corner. Getting good vibes just imagining this place. The fact that it's such a sudden change from well-lit house to moody bar makes it better.

View Profile of TorchGuy Send a personal message to TorchGuy  Email TorchGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leekitiki

Posted: 2011-04-06 5:13 pm   Permalink

Hello, Your tiki bar is excellent. I noticed a rootball tiki behind the bar. I am looking for a rootball. Would you let me know how you aquired it. I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

Leekitiki

View Profile of leekitiki Send a personal message to leekitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-06 6:05 pm   Permalink

Sweet bar... Now I need rum!!!

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 08:03 am   Permalink

Thanks for the compliments guys! That rootball Tiki was carved by our own mega talented carver, Will Anders (wplugger). Will brought him to the South Florida Tiki Carving Jam at Benzart's home in 2008. Here he is kicking back against a tree at that event:

I knew he would be a great fit behind the bar (but barely!), so I couldn't resist bringing him home with me. He shared the backseat with Flounder and kept him company for the 2+ hour drive home. It was fun getting him up there and secured enough so he wouldn't come crashing down on future unsuspecting guests!

You can find Will carving away at his home in Ft Lauderdale. And if you look around the Mai-Kai, you will see LOTS of his handiwork, from concrete-cast outdoor Tikis to the many spears that surround the windows looking in on the Chinese ovens. Sadly, his Suffering Bastard carving that WAS in the outdoor gardens has succumbed to the elements and was recently removed. He also carved the table lamp bases in my bar. Here's a shot he took of them before they left Will's Tiki Emporium (i.e., his driveway):

And in place with shades we fashioned for them:

And finally, here's another rootball Tiki Will carved (not mine, but Will may still have it?):

(Edited for spelling goofs)

[ This Message was edited by: GatorRob 2011-04-07 08:05 ]

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 09:21 am   Permalink

Simply beautiful Rob! I am humbled.

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 2:26 pm   Permalink

What is the gong for? Something special happening?

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 3:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-07 14:26, Tiki-ESP wrote:
What is the gong for? Something special happening?

Don't ask me. Why not ask these ladies?

To this day, a gong always accompanies the arrival of the Mystery Girl...

And lest you are not yet convinced of the gong's place in a Tiki Bar:

And THAT is why there is a gong in my bar.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation