FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 5:48 pm   Permalink

Thank you for taking a look and enjoying the build. I started on the thatch for the covered part of the A-frame. I am using the same process that I have used in the past and it takes forever to get done. All done free hand the ruler is just for scale. The thatch will be stained later.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-26 07:24 am   Permalink

Here is a 360 degree progress roundup.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-26 08:01 am   Permalink

I'm very impressed Trav, gonna look too cool!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-26 11:04 am   Permalink

Each new view is better than the last!
Keep 'em coming please!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-26 11:25 am   Permalink

Beautiful work!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-26 1:48 pm   Permalink

awesome work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-26 2:58 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to see this one finished. All the others have been great but this is your best so far.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-27 05:25 am   Permalink

Thank you very much for the encouragement everyone. The mini Mai Kai has taken allot of hours. Working with the different materials has been a learning experience. Trying to make the model strong while keeping the scale small is a tough nut to crack. I am not even sure what the scale size is as I do all of it be eye. Thanks again for taking a look.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-27 08:02 am   Permalink

I love watching you work, this is such a different and fun thread, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 05:36 am   Permalink

uncle trav, this build is one for the ages, absolutely fantastic! You know I am going to need a Kahiki, when my outrigger comes in! You've become a Master!

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-05 06:23 am   Permalink

A bit of an update. I think I finally have the install for the windows on the side wings figured out. The next step is making the framework for the windows and that stuff is very very small. I also did some work on the thatch. And a special thanks to my wife for letting me turn our vintage 1958 Formica kitchen table into a major construction site.

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-05 07:17 am   Permalink

wow, thats all I can muster for a comment pre coffee, But WOW sooOOoo neato and perfect.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-06 06:00 am   Permalink

Thanks for all of the nice comments. Still have to tweak the vertical framing for the side windows. These pieces are the size of a wooden matchstick and a real pain to work with. Not an exact copy but I think folks will know it's the Mai Kai when they see it. Thanks for looking.

TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-06 06:53 am   Permalink

Trav, exceptional and beautiful! I'm running out of superlatives to describe your work, so pardon the redundancies in praise of it.

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-09 4:54 pm   Permalink

I can't believe how tiny these things are. Wonderful work I can't wait to see how it all looks completed.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation