FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-04 9:35 pm   Permalink

Great planks, especially the ones with the knots in them. Just curious, what's the surface they are sitting on with the raised dots? Some sort of textured paper?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-05 03:17 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone. MDM that textured surface the planks are resting on is one of my secret weapons !!! It's a paper towel.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-06 10:23 am   Permalink

A bit more detail work with bamboo today. And seems such a big mess for a little hut on the workbench in my small shop.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-07 06:17 am   Permalink

Trav,

Your work continues to amaze! I marvel at the creativity you conjure up to produce such realistic effects in miniature. Mahalo for sharing.

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-08 3:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tom !!! Great to hear from you again. I hope all is well in your part of the world. I laid some of the floor planks of the hut today. I guess I really didn't need to detail the underside but I did anyway. Thanks for stopping by.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-08 5:21 pm   Permalink

Those planks look awesome. Actually it is important to have those planks on the underside to maintain authenticity in the event that the hut blows over in a typhoon/monsoon/cyclone/hurricane/etc.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-08 6:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-08 17:21, MadDogMike wrote:
Those planks look awesome. Actually it is important to have those planks on the underside to maintain authenticity in the event that the hut blows over in a typhoon/monsoon/cyclone/hurricane/etc.

Or in the case of a CAT-astrophe.

I have 3 cats who are forever trying to steal my miniatures. Reggie will play with them if they happen to get left on/near the floor. Cookie carries them in her mouth to the top of the stairs, knocks them down the stairs, back up the stairs, etc. Mayhem is... well he lives up to his name! lol

Uncle Trav, really enjoying the step by steps.
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-09 4:11 pm   Permalink

HAha gotta love the cats. Thanks guys. Twenty seven tiny pieces of hand detailed bamboo. This is just on of the four sides if the hut and the short side at that! Still a long way to go on this one.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-13 3:38 pm   Permalink

Here's a couple of snaps of how things a progressing.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-13 4:49 pm   Permalink

The rough floor boards the roof line, the bamboo, on and on the treats keep coming. These are images that just stay with a person throughout the day. A lot to think about. Impressed. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-13 5:08 pm   Permalink

Wow! Impressive work. Great to see the progress.

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-13 5:25 pm   Permalink

Looking good. Mahaloz for the update!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-14 06:55 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone. I am having fun going all out with the detail. I'm glad you enjoy it. Thanks again.

littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-14 4:17 pm   Permalink

Loving the details in those last couple photos.

Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-05 2:30 pm   Permalink

Finally getting around to attaching the roof after a bit of time away from mini construction. Still a bunch more to do on this one.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation