FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Diorama-o-rama
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Diorama-o-rama
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-01 07:26 am   Permalink

I love these Tiki Huts, great job! I too, fell out laughing over Tiki Skips comment!

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-03 10:25 am   Permalink

a little more progress on the new mini hut.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2011-01-07 18:15 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-03 1:09 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the ending auction Trav!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-08 06:55 am   Permalink

Thanks Liz. I hated to sell it but it helped out allot. Here is an update of the mini hut with some more added to it and some really small details. Not really 15% , just kidding around. Still a work in progress. The quarter is for size reference. Thanks for checking it out.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2011-01-08 06:59 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-08 11:03 am   Permalink

You do these so well!
I saw your auction's ending bid, are you thinking of making more for ebay?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-09 08:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-08 11:03, 4WDtiki wrote:
You do these so well!
I saw your auction's ending bid, are you thinking of making more for ebay?

Thanks for the compliment. The first one is always the hardest one to sell I guess. I am thinking of putting more out for sale but they take quite a bit of time to build. I had allot of folks tracking the auction and a number of bids. The winner of the first auction really enjoyed the hut and was a pleasure to deal with. So I guess the answer is yes. My latest build will be sold also. Thanks again.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-13 07:03 am   Permalink

Hut number two is done. This hut though smaller took a bit more time to build because of the small details. Now you can hold a small part of Polynesia in your hand. Thanks for looking.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2011-01-13 08:48 ]

WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-13 08:28 am   Permalink

Your latest creation is wonderful! You inspire me!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-13 2:24 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work, uncle trav! You have a real talent for this, and clearly a lot of patience.

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-14 11:06 am   Permalink

Thanks for the comments guys. I just put hut #2 up for a three day auction here.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=38873&forum=12&0
Thanks for looking.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-15 10:07 am   Permalink

I know how hard it is to do these. I did one in paper to use as a model for my painting on my gallery thread. It was harder to make the house than to do the painting. You are an architect! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-16 09:41 am   Permalink

uncle trav, these are really, really cool... I love the scale and attention to detail, and everything is in perfect proportion....

Oh and definitely, a light would be cool..

[ This Message was edited by: TikiKIrby 2011-01-16 09:44 ]

View Profile of TikiKIrby Send a personal message to TikiKIrby  Email TikiKIrby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-20 12:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks TikiKirby. Wendy that painting is awesome and I love the model.
Here is a new hut I am starting. A bit of a different style than the last ones so it's kinda learn as I go.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2011-01-20 14:46 ]

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 06:03 am   Permalink

Hut number two went to a good home down in sunny Florida where yesterday the temp was near eighty. Here in Michigan as I type this it is -16 degrees. I decided to add a door to the new hut so you can lock up your miniature rum supply at night.

TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-23 9:23 pm   Permalink

Cool, I like the door, keep 'em coming...

But to be honest with you any respectable miniature rum thief could probably find another way or two into the hut.....

View Profile of TikiKIrby Send a personal message to TikiKIrby  Email TikiKIrby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation