FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-24 06:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-23 21:23, TikiKIrby wrote:
Cool, I like the door, keep 'em coming...

But to be honest with you any respectable miniature rum thief could probably find another way or two into the hut.....

It's not Menehune proof that's for sure. A good thief would just punch a hole through the wall or lift the roof off. Here is a shot of the floor going in and some small rafter details. Note all of the highly technical construction implements.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-26 07:31 am   Permalink

Thatch roof going on. This part takes forever because of the small scale of the hut.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-26 08:10 am   Permalink

This would be the home Dan and I would love to live in. You have a gift for doing these. You keep building we will keep watching. That last hut almost made it the opposite way to California. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-27 09:29 am   Permalink

Borne on the waves of a faraway blue green sea and ringed by a reef seldom breached only by the intrepid outrigger or lone copra trader rests an island steeped in mystery and beauty. A place where cares and responsibility ebb away with the receding tide. Rum and music permeate the evening air and float among the palms on a warm tropical breeze. With the weight of the world lifted from your shoulders as easily as an islander would throw his cast net into the sea you retire to your hut. you came here curious and have left here fulfilled........... I really need to get back to work soon before I start going over the edge. Just kidding

Hut number three is done. Loaded with small details. I tried a few new things on this one and hope it turned out okay. And a big thanks to Wendy for your compliments about my huts. I thought the last one might head west myself. Thanks for looking.

TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-27 10:01 am   Permalink

Trav, your creativity continues to soar with the latest hut, as does your lyrical prose… perhaps the product of an over-extended stay in the basement bar, it’s nevertheless a wonder to behold!

I’m sure glad hut #2 didn’t fly to the left coast, though I suspect that #3 will, if Wendy has her way.

Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-27 6:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tom. This one was fun to build and I learned a few things along the way.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-27 7:26 pm   Permalink

NICE!!! Love the doors and windows. Creative writing and a great photos as well - a triple threat!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
savage sissy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-29 7:04 pm   Permalink

Nice one Uncle Trav, but WHERE IS THE SIGN? Lol. Awesome as always and I am very glad to see you creating again!

View Profile of savage sissy Send a personal message to savage sissy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-30 06:15 am   Permalink

Thanks Mike and Sissy. I had started to make a sign for a fictitious " OFFICERS CLUB 418TH NFS". This was a USAAF night fighter unit that flew P-61 Black Widows out of New Guinea during WWII. I thought that folks may have thought a sign would be to specific and would rather have a hut that was just a hut. There is always the next build though.

TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-30 08:07 am   Permalink

Ah, I love P-61's and I love the huts.... Would be a cool combo..

View Profile of TikiKIrby Send a personal message to TikiKIrby  Email TikiKIrby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-01 6:55 pm   Permalink

Hut three will go up for auction soon and thanks for checking out the thread.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-04 08:21 am   Permalink

Time for a new build so hut number three is up for auction. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=39066&forum=12&start=last&0 Thanks.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-24 12:49 pm   Permalink

Going to try some new materials (wood) with this one. Here is the outrigger beam drying after being glued in place. Not to sure how this will look as I'm still learning as I go.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-25 12:14 pm   Permalink

Many hours at the kitchen table today. The front of the hut is a bit less than 2 1/2" wide. Around fifty hand cut, split, glued and detailed pieces of bamboo and that's just the start. Thanks for looking

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-25 4:54 pm   Permalink

FRIG those would make a great behind-the-window diorama at a Tiki temple!!

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation