FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKOT! - Visions from the Tiki Tarot @ FBG thru November
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TIKOT! - Visions from the Tiki Tarot @ FBG thru November
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 4:11 pm   Permalink

Dang Steve!
Dang Doug!

Wowza! Wowza! Wowza!

awesome friggin shew...
and still the hits keep coming...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 4:13 pm   Permalink

Doug, that is pretty awesome and still in keeping with the original idea of the card.

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-19 4:14 pm   Permalink

killer doug!!!!!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 5:12 pm   Permalink

Top notch Doug!!! I'm purposely not going to look at it again till the box arrives so my mind can be freshly blown.

I must say I'm really pleased that so many of you actually took the time to investigate the symbolism and meanings behind the cards instead of just taking wild stabs in the dark. Mahalo nui loa to all. Take note of these thoughtful artists who dug deep to produce successful work outside their comfort zone... In the hands of a such creative souls, Tiki knows no boundries.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 9:46 pm   Permalink

Rock on kids! Everything looks great!

Just finishing my sketch up tonight & breaking out the velvet tomorrow. My card "Temperance" has inspired a mythological wahine. Pics soon (well, not TOO soon... but soon enough!) Wish I could make the show, but I'm looking forward to seeing photos posted!

Heather

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ulafish

Posted: 2009-10-20 4:40 pm   Permalink

Here's where I am with my piece. I need to punch up the colors a lot more, refine some details, and add in the text.
The High Priestess:

[ This Message was edited by: ulafish 2009-10-20 16:43 ]

View Profile of ulafish Send a personal message to ulafish  Email ulafish Goto the website of ulafish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 6:16 pm   Permalink

Ula...you are one HOT fish!! Your painting is "MOST" Awesome! Take good pictures kiddo, this one is going to fly out the door...Bravo.

Hank, I'm firing up the kiln tonight...

This show is going to be one to remember...the edge cuts deep - right here, Halloween night!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 7:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-28 19:18, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
AAAAARRRGGGhhhhhghghhghghrhrhrhrhrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that is how it is spelled. AAAAARRRGGGhhhhhghghhghghrhrhrhrhrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAARRRGGGhhhhhghghhghghrhrhrhrhrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 8:20 pm   Permalink

you missed an "r"...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-21 3:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-20 16:40, ulafish wrote:
The High Priestess:

Stunningly gorgeous!

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-21 8:10 pm   Permalink

Ulafish, ur amazing!!!!
how fun it has been to watch ur process!!!
MAhalos for posting!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-21 8:11 pm   Permalink

Really enjoying this whole concept.

Wish I could see the show in person so big thanks for all the pic posting guys (and gals)

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-22 3:01 pm   Permalink

Ulafish is truely a girl wonder and she's still quite young so you can imagine she's only going to get better and better!!! I just new she was going to make some jaws drop.

I just recieved Doug Horne's contribution The Moon BE Boiling's Justice and SL Grice's Wheel... They are amazing to see in person!

Eric the Red's World Tikot piece is coming along splendidly as is Tiki Omar's Sun Mask.

Atomic Tony Tiki just sent his Tikot submission from his new home in Thailand 8370.05 away beating Tiki Racer in England by 2891.55 to be our most distant global participant.

Still waiting on delivered work from Crazy Al, Bowana David Lea, Babalu, Erin Joy, Heather Watts, McEvoy & Rodriguez, Atomikitty, 4WD Bill Collins, Brad Parker, Big Toe, Tiki Racer and UlaFish. While it's been a blast top see many of these pieces take shape online, this is not a "virtual" show. There are only ten days left kids.

Last one in's a rotten egg! Ha ha!

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-10-22 15:48 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-22 4:27 pm   Permalink

Very nice close-up pics, Hank!
Funny how it's mostly us locals that haven't delivered finished goods yet, huh?
I'll be finishing mine over the weekend, and plan to bring it down early next week.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-22 10:10 pm   Permalink

I'm on the same track as 4WD. . . .

Procrastination = Inspiration!

Actually, I've been super busy with work, so I haven't had a chance to sink my teeth into this like I wanted to until now.
I've been keeping my eye on this thread, and I have been so inspired and amazed by the work coming in for this show!
Thanks everyone for posting progress pics and sharing your talents! Big thanks to Hodad too for letting me get in on the fun.
I absolutely LOVE the idea behind the show, and I was instantly inspired by the card I drew!

The Star: Usually depicting a woman with one foot on land, one foot in water. The water refers to the subconscious and memory, the land refers to the material world. She renews both. She holds two vessels, one pouring onto the land, and one pouring into the sea. Above her head shines the star. It is a hopeful card, and speaks to tranquility amongst tumult and being guided by invisible forces.

In my interpretation, I decided to take the idea of this woman with a physical connection to both the land and the water literally depicting her as a mermaid.
I wanted her to be a native of Oceanic origin, and appear strong, tranquil and a little wild.
I immediately thought of the Maori women, and so she became the Maori Mermaid.
I did a bunch of research, and got really inspired by the faces, the hair and dress, and especially the intricate carvings and patterns.

Here's the rough idea and the transferred drawing. . . all ready to paint! Yay!
I'm pretty happy with it so far. Looking forward to getting down to color.
Let me know what you think, and send along a little encouragement so I can burn the midnight oil and get this done!

Mahalo and Viva Atomica,

Suzy
www.atomikitty.com

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation