FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Jay Strongman @ Trader Vic's LA
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Jay Strongman @ Trader Vic's LA
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2009-10-31 2:08 pm   Permalink

We came a little late (after Charles Phoenix's "Spooktacular" show at Bob Baker's Marionette Theater.) Jay's music set a great vibe/ambiance to Trader Vic's. Good to see Jungle Trader, Polypop, Ali-i, The Fluffs, Sven & Naomi, Sabu, Brian of Crystal Cove Media, JonPaul & Marie, Julienne (Jay's better half!) and of course the gracious hosts John and Frank. Can't wait to go again!
WoooHooooooooo!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 10:36 am   Permalink

sorry I missed last thurs.
I heard it was really cool night.

I will be there this Thurs. for a few hours.
but after that I will be going to this event.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=34428&forum=17&0

yes, that's spam folks, keep your spam cans to your self.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-03 6:14 pm   Permalink

Just want to say a big thank you to all the TC'ers who made last week such a great evening..looking forward to spinning more exotica classics, new bossa nova and other selections that fit into the contemporary Tiki mood this Thursday. I'll be mixing tracks from these....

alongside new tunes by Waldeck, Wax Tailor, DePhazz, the Karminsky Experience, Don-Tiki, Tikiyaki Orchestra and many more ! Hope to see you there !!

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 10:17 pm   Permalink

sounds great,
I'm just bummed I will not be able to stay all night.
can you ask them, if you can start at 7 pm Jay?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-04 8:51 pm   Permalink

bump

Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-04 10:12 pm   Permalink

Hi Jeff, I'm going to try and get started at 7.30 tomorrow night.

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-05 12:50 pm   Permalink

Hurray! I'm finally going to make it to TV LA on TC Night!

I'm going to the 7:30 Kings/Penguins game at the Staples, so TV is always on our schedule before the game. The redline makes traffic a breeze, so I'll be there about 5:45 pm! Might stop in after the game as well!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-05 5:24 pm   Permalink

ya... 7:30.....

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-05 5:34 pm   Permalink

I'm shootin for 7 or 7:30.

Jeff(btd)

Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-09 11:00 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to this Thursday at Trader Vic's and still digging deep for the perfect rum & rhythm mix of old and new, so I'm going to try out tracks from these...

and keep searching through these...

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-10 10:05 am   Permalink

Looking forward to this. Anyone else going?

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-10 12:14 pm   Permalink

I'm planning on being there this week.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 10:45 am   Permalink

Finally gonna make it up there this Thursday! I've got some fun tales of my time in Australia to share... tales of post rum sampling power point speeches! Hope to see some fellow tc'ers there!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 11:14 am   Permalink

Not to get off track here, but the Happy Hour last Friday was quite a different scene than what I imagine the recent Thursdays are like.

It was like a USC frat party. I was impressed by how many of the youngsters were sucking down the tropicals. I tried explaining classic Tiki culture to the co-ed sitting next to me. She politely humored me the same way I used to humor an ex-hippie coworker. "Oh, did I ever mention I went to Woodstock? Let me tell you about it (for the 100th time)".

Oh well, it was good to see TV doing a brisk business for a change.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 6:25 pm   Permalink

I'm gonna try to make it, but not sure.
last weeks TC crowd was about 20 or so.

Jeff(btd)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation