FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Hawaiian Village, Tampa, FL (restaurant), Tampa, FL (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hawaiian Village, Tampa, FL (restaurant), Tampa, FL (restaurant)
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-29 5:18 pm   Permalink

Picked up this old postcard with a nice rendering of the Hawaiian Village in Tampa.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Philot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-29 7:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Quote:

My first Bob was from Hawaiian Village, marked with the lei & logo like the mug above. Being a Florida boy, I considered that a two-fer.

View Profile of Philot Send a personal message to Philot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-29 10:47 pm   Permalink

Nice addition to the rendering collection, DC!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tampa2647

Posted: 2012-11-03 11:37 am   Permalink

I don't collect Tiki memorabilia, but I can share my memories with you of The Hawaiian Village in Tampa in late 1960s - 1970s. I was the day "barmaid". It was a fun place to work & Sam Taub could be difficult but was a good boss. At the time it was the place to go in Tampa to see a live show and to be seen by who's who in Tampa. One of my duties during day was to make some of those rum drinks that went into those mugs some of you collect. Anyone who could finish 2 drinks and still walk were good, anyone that could finish 2 Tiki Bowls were darn near miracles. They didn't hold back the rum, that's fact. My crowd during the day were mostly business men. I also saw the adds for the waitresses in the lounge, there uniforms were no where that long. They were sleeveless kimonos that stopped right at the top of the leg & of course stockings/tights & spike heels. Those days are far behind me now but I remember it all with fondness.

View Profile of Tampa2647 Send a personal message to Tampa2647      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SizzlePixels
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-06 9:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-03 11:37, Tampa2647 wrote:
I don't collect Tiki memorabilia, but I can share my memories with you of The Hawaiian Village in Tampa in late 1960s - 1970s. I was the day "barmaid". It was a fun place to work & Sam Taub could be difficult but was a good boss. At the time it was the place to go in Tampa to see a live show and to be seen by who's who in Tampa. One of my duties during day was to make some of those rum drinks that went into those mugs some of you collect. Anyone who could finish 2 drinks and still walk were good, anyone that could finish 2 Tiki Bowls were darn near miracles. They didn't hold back the rum, that's fact. My crowd during the day were mostly business men. I also saw the adds for the waitresses in the lounge, there uniforms were no where that long. They were sleeveless kimonos that stopped right at the top of the leg & of course stockings/tights & spike heels. Those days are far behind me now but I remember it all with fondness.

Thanks for your post. A contribution from someone who "was there" is always appreciated.

View Profile of SizzlePixels Send a personal message to SizzlePixels  Email SizzlePixels     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 6:11 pm   Permalink

An old ashtray from the Hawaiian Village in Tampa.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation