FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events OHANA 2010 - Official thread
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
OHANA 2010 - Official thread
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 08:58 am   Permalink

First of all, a HUGE Mahalo to all of the volunteers and attendees that made Ohana such a success this past year.

We've compiled the results of the questionnaires you filled out, and we hear ya loud & clear. There's room for some improvement in some areas, and we're working diligently to make 2010 even better.

Along those lines, the #1 compliant we got was about the cold weather. We listened, and we've made a change.

Ohana 2010 will be during the summer. In the ON season in Lake George, when ALL of the attractions will be open, the pool will be usable, and we'll even be able to do an Imu pit pig roast! All the things that worked & everyone loved will be back, the things that needed help will be helped, and the things that sucked are gone. Its gonna be even better this year! (notice I didnt say bigger? We're going to keep the event about the same size this year...small, intimate & fun, so be sure to buy your tickets as soon as they are available)

So, thats all the good news. The not-so-good news however, is the date.

The ONLY summer weekend available to us at the Tiki, is June 25th-27th.

We realize that those dates may pose a problem for some of you, being so close to Hukilau, and we don't want you to have to choose between events, so let me just say right now: If you can only attend ONE tiki event this year, go to Hukialu (and tell everyone at the Mai Kai I said "Aloha!").

If you can attend TWO....well, you should probably go to Oasis, 'cause sh*t is crazy off the hook out there.

But, if you can get to three, we humbly ask that you consider Ohana.

The move to summer was not one that was taken lightly, and there were just too many positives for making the move, that even with the June date, we had to do it. In addition to all the stuff listed above about being there IN-Season, it also allows us to make an additional donation to the EIF during their same fiscal year. To a non-profit, that's a BIG deal. Alot of non-profits saw their operating budgets plummet this past year with the weak economy and less people donating, and to be able to get a second donation to them will really help.

We're also earmarking some of the funds raised this year (Yes, in case I have to remind you, Ohana is a CHARITY EVENT) for an emergency relief fund we're creating. This will allow the FOM to be able to release money whenever needed, at a moments notice, when important causes pop up throughout the year (like the tsunami in Samoa this year).

Anyway, enough with my yammering.

We should have full details really soon, along with hotel info, and as usual, some surprises.

Ok, I guess I can spill a few surprises right now....

we're working on having Hula Cat's Contest winning cocktail added to the menu at the Tiki, so everyone will be able to try it over the weekend!

And we're also adding a new contest for those who joined us in September. All you have to do is take a picture with your Ohana Magazine, and/or Ohana Swag Bag. The more exotic the setting the better, the more creative, the better. Send the pics to me, along with how you want to be credited for the photo, to:
bargoyle@LuauAtTheLake.com The most creative photo will be featured on the website, and you'll get a special prize at the event this year!

More to come very soon!

Mahalo, and we'll see you at the Lake!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 09:33 am   Permalink

My bags are already packed!

Well, technically I haven't unpacked from the last time... why put off till tomorrow what you can do next month.

But still! I'm so excited! 2010 is going to be one hell of a year!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 11:03 am   Permalink

if i choose to fly in as opposed to driving, what airport to i need to land at out there that's closest to the event??..if i fly i can rent a car and drive to the event from there but i wanna know so i can book a flight now if i need....thanks!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 11:07 am   Permalink

Sounds like a LUAU to me - pig in pit - who else is going there huh??? Good times for all!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 11:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-31 11:03, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
if i choose to fly in as opposed to driving, what airport to i need to land at out there that's closest to the event??..if i fly i can rent a car and drive to the event from there but i wanna know so i can book a flight now if i need....thanks!

Albany is the closest airport - about an hour away.
Otherwise you can add it onto an extended trip to Boston (2-2.5 hours), NYC, etc.....

GOHANA 2010!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 11:39 am   Permalink

I can't wait for Ohana 2010. I wouldn't miss this for anything.

Three big tiki weekends a year... awesome, awesome! I'll see you at all of 'em!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 2:26 pm   Permalink

We flew into Burlington, which is a small airport. Burlington is beautiful and the drive to Lake George was very, very nice.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 2:37 pm   Permalink

Albany is closest and an easy drive up 87 NorTh thruway. Cars rented there too! Burlington may have better deals a bit furthur but you could run to canada for some Havana club, Boston is closer than NYC with more options on flights and then there's even Hartford too! So use up those frequent flier points and get on it!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-02 01:22 am   Permalink

Wow Sully,

Quote:
The ONLY summer weekend available to us at the Tiki, is June 25th-27th.

This will be great. We're in, can't wait.. Movie's out side, bands, drinks, room crawls, room crawls, friends, beautiful hotel & staff, room crawls and right here in our own back yard!.. Yippee! Did I mention room crawls?

Can't wait.. See ya all there!

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 11:18 am   Permalink

Can't wait!

And we don't HAVE to wait as long now!!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 06:46 am   Permalink

I pencilled it in, and pray to Tiki that I don't have a shoot in Germany then. Or better: that it falls in between two shooting gigs, yeah.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 09:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-31 11:03, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

Go ahead and drive, enjoy the scenery, ...
...but if you must fly, do it via Boston, this way you can check out the Kowloon, before or after Ohana.

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 4:34 pm   Permalink

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-04 06:22 am   Permalink

Ya beat me to it Caroline! lol

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-04 10:11 am   Permalink

The 1st one was so great how could I miss this one? That's right, I can't.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation