FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » OHANA 2010 - Official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
OHANA 2010 - Official thread
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 1:40 pm   Permalink

Hey!!!

Now Squid is stealing my thunder too?!?!!?

lol. jk man.

FANTASTIC job. I'm telling ya, I've got one in my grubby little hand right now, and its even slicker in person. Tall & narrow...old school. dig it.

Be sure to support Squid over at
www.squidart.com he done hooked us up again!!!

More on the mug and a bunch of other stuff soon. Keep your eyes on your in box.

And if you haven't signed up to receive my un-professional non-spell-checked semi-coherent ramblings via email, go do so now at www.LuauAtTheLake.com !! You'll be the first to know about all the Ohana goings on.

See ya at the Lake!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 2:14 pm   Permalink

Outstanding Squid magic!!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 5:57 pm   Permalink

Sweet fucken mug squid. LOVE IT! Very old school - very awesome!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTwang
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-14 6:37 pm   Permalink

I visited SquidArt.com a while back and bought some fonts! I'm using em on my bands website! Squid is the man, cool fonts dude!

View Profile of TikiTwang Send a personal message to TikiTwang  Email TikiTwang     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 06:53 am   Permalink

AlooooooooHA!!!!

Greetings from the Ohana secret underground bunker, where we continue to work on our fiendish plots of supporting good causes through great events …and time travel.

And along the time travel lines, not only is Ohana weekend chock full of Eisenhower Era tiki goodness (and live bands, and shows, and food, and vendors, and fun fun fun) but we’ve also got the kickoff party on Thursday night bristling with 70s funk & 80s cheese.

Yeah, we’re setting the WABAC machine to just a few decades ago, and ripping it up, prom style!!

Held in Club Whispers (virtually unchanged since the mid 80s with disco balls, walls of colored lights, lasers, etc), “In the Air Tonight” promises to be a funkadelic, rockin’ good time, featuring DJ Hi-Fi Hijinks spinning all the classics of the 70s & 80s.

$25 gets you in, and we’re even including dinner, so break out your old bell bottoms, parachute pants, Aqua Net & Member’s Only jacket, and like totally be there!!

Prom the way it should have been, with great folks, food, music & cocktails. Don’t forget to vote for King & Queen!

You can add Prom tix to your Ohana package on the ticket page:
http://www.luauatthelake.com/id4.html

You don’t want to miss this. I’m sure folks will be talking about it for months to come!

. . .

And now, on a totally different subject (sorry, I couldn’t come up with a segue for this one) I’ve been getting a lot of questions about what vendors are going to be there, so folks can gauge how much cash to bring (don’t worry, there’s an ATM right next door if you don’t want to travel with cash).

Well, I’m excited to say that we have an absolutely STELLAR lineup of vendors, most of whom are making their ONLY East Coast appearance at Ohana!!

Want a list? Of course you do.

SquidArt – Offering killer mugs & ceramics!
Tiki Objects by Bosko - Handcrafted Tiki creations!
Gecko’z Souths Seas Arts – sweet custom Mugs & more… all the way from Hawaii!
Lake Tiki – Outrageously detailed tiki carvings!
Babalu – Kickass Ceramics & mugs!
Jeff Chenault - Vintage vinyl & gems for your Hi-Fi!
FireMonkey Glass – Flat out Amazing handmade goodies in Glass!
Tiki Farm –Mugs, Mugs & more Mugs!
Fashion Tramp – Mind blowing custom clothing with a retro flavor!
Tiki Magazine – Words & pictures to titillate your eye holes!
Velveteen Lounge – Kitschy crafts & clothing that’ll WOW ya!
Tortuga Tile Works – Super cool detailed tiles for your tiki bar/home!
Onomatopoeia -Vintage Clothes to dress you to the nines!
The Leeward Lounge - If it can be carved, Finkdaddy has carved it!
BambooLodge – All things Vintage. Clothes, trinkets, mugs… you name it!
Luxe Couture -Beautiful handmade vintage-inspired attire!
Old Clothes - Fabulous vintage threads for you & yours!
Zanti Jewelry – Custom tiki cameos & jewelry. Tiki & beyond!
Taboo Island - Polynesian Pop art goodness from some of your favorite artists!

Holy shopping spree!!!!

I’ll be up at 8am power-walking the vending area everyday(I figure its better than the outlet malls nearby) but vending wont start until 11am on Saturday and 2pm on Friday (for those who WANT to be open. No pressure. We’ll be consumed with Room Crawl shenanigans & live music on Friday anyway!!)

So, what are you waiting for? If you haven’t bought tickets yet, don’t delay. We’re getting close to sold out!!

See ya at the Lake!!!

http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 08:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-27 06:53, Bargoyle wrote:
I’ll be up at 8am power-walking the vending area everyday...

Ha! I'll believe that when I see it!

Now, if you want to wait until around 11-ish to power-walk the vendors area I'll join you.

Wait, Andy and I are vending..... how about instead we'll do the lap thing and hand off Bloody Marys every time you go past.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 09:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-27 08:25, Chip and Andy wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-27 06:53, Bargoyle wrote:
I’ll be up at 8am power-walking the vending area everyday...

Ha! I'll believe that when I see it!

Double HA. Like you'll be up to see it!

In fact, I'm gonna do it at 6:30am, and then go back to my room & rest my eyes until 10 or 11 each day...

croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 09:12 am   Permalink

That's what you think.

You forgot about me banging on your door to get your butt up at 8am

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 09:25 am   Permalink

Gecko's gonna be there!!!!!!!

Damn, looks like I'm gonna need more money!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 09:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-27 09:25, Jeff Central wrote:
Gecko's gonna be there!!!!!!!

Damn, looks like I'm gonna need more money!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Gecko's fabulous art is, indeed, gonna be at Ohana!

INCLUDING some **special** goodies JUST FOR OHAHA that he's working on now!!!!!!

Gecko will definitely be with us in spirit at OHANA

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-29 06:08 am   Permalink

Is it time yet?

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod 2010-04-29 06:08 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-30 05:49 am   Permalink

The swag for Ohana has started to arrive....

and HOLY BIG TICKET ITEMS!!!!!!!

Much love to all of our Sponsors & Donors!!

Especially our Menehune and Outrigger level Sponsors, who have gone above & beyond what any of us expected, and shown why they ARE our Top Level Sponsors:

Folly Cove Rum
Trader Vic’s
Dole
Kahiki Foods
Royer

I cant let the surprises out, but lets just say that the value of the swag alone is MORE than the Ohana ticket price!!! For real.

That's not some marketing/selling/ "act now or lose out" bullshit. We've got stuff that we're giving to everyone FOR FREE (thanks to our generous Sponsors) that would cost you MORE to buy than an Ohana ticket!!!!

And then we're feeding ya, giving ya a Polynesian Show, and bombarding your senses with sights & sounds to last a lifetime. BEST. VALUE. IN. TIKI. period. Ok, that part was me selling, but its true.

We've always tried to give attendees as much as possible, and this year, you folks are in for some major treats!!

Can't wait to see ya at the Lake!!

ps. BIG email announcement to go out (hopefully) today. Keep your eyes on your inbox!

http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2010-04-30 05:50 ]

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 07:47 am   Permalink

Just a reminder folks, the Ohana 2010 mug goes on sale Tomorrow at noon (EST)

The mug is available to Ohana attendees ONLY, and there are only 100 of them, so don't delay.

Also tomorrow we start our Make Tiki History poll/contest where our attendees get to NAME the Iconic Tiki who guards the entrance to the resort, and is the basis for this years mug!!!

If you havent bought tickets yet, there's still time (but not much) to get in on all the action.

Mahalo, and as always, we'll see ya at the Lake!

www.LuauAtTheLake.com

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 10:41 am   Permalink

Hey folks, sorry for the late update, but the direct link to mug sales is here:

http://www.luauatthelake.com/mug.html

Again, a limited edition of 100, available only to Ohana attendees. If any are not pre-sold, we'll sell em first come first serve at the event, and then online afterward if any are still available.

They're already moving pretty fast (thanks everyone who purchased) and dont forget to vote to Name The Tiki!!!!

See ya at the Lake!

www.LuauAtTheLake.com

Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 10:52 pm   Permalink

Too many great events all at the same time!!!

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation