FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events OHANA 2010 - Official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
OHANA 2010 - Official thread
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 06:32 am   Permalink

Yeah, sorry about that Vince.

Unfortunately, that last weekend in June was the only open Summer date at the Tiki Resort, and the biggest complaint we got about last year's Ohana in Sept was that it was TOO COLD (it was pretty damn chilly in the evenings).

So, now we're in at the early end of summer for the Adirondacks, and looking forward to perfect weather. Warm enough for the pool and fun in the sun, but not sweltering hot... and all of Lake George's attractions will be open!!

If you can only goto one, head to So Florida. The Mai Kai is something really special to behold.

And if you can get up to Lake George too, I promise we'll show ya a good time!

See ya at the Lake!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 06:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-06 06:32, Bargoyle wrote:
Yeah, sorry about that Vince.

Unfortunately, that last weekend in June was the only open Summer date at the Tiki Resort, and the biggest complaint we got about last year's Ohana in Sept was that it was TOO COLD (it was pretty damn chilly in the evenings).

So, now we're in at the early end of summer for the Adirondacks, and looking forward to perfect weather. Warm enough for the pool and fun in the sun, but not sweltering hot... and all of Lake George's attractions will be open!!

If you can only goto one, head to So Florida. The Mai Kai is something really special to behold.

And if you can get up to Lake George too, I promise we'll show ya a good time!

See ya at the Lake!!

It would be rude of me to ignore such a warm invitation! I absolutely love upstate NY. I was on staff for Woodstock 94. The festival was, of course, a blast. But, we were on site several days prior to the festival and fell in love with the tranquility and relaxed mood of Woodstock, Saugerties and Winslow. Looking at the pics of Lake George, I felt a yearning to get back to the area. And the Tiki Resort? Well, I have to see this place! So, when does pre-registration start for Ohana 2011?

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 05:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-06 06:43, Vince Martini wrote:

It would be rude of me to ignore such a warm invitation! I absolutely love upstate NY. I was on staff for Woodstock 94. The festival was, of course, a blast. But, we were on site several days prior to the festival and fell in love with the tranquility and relaxed mood of Woodstock, Saugerties and Winslow. Looking at the pics of Lake George, I felt a yearning to get back to the area. And the Tiki Resort? Well, I have to see this place! So, when does pre-registration start for Ohana 2011?

LOL. Lets get this one out of the way before we start taking reservations for 2011 (although I DO already have some plans for next year!)

I've gotta agree with ya on Upsate NY, & the Lake George area in particular. It really is a place "trapped in time". As a seasonal town, there arent many "big name" hotels/restaurants/stores, so its all little roadside motels and mom & pop shops from the 50s & 60s.

One part pristine Lake in absolutely gorgeous surroundings, and one part mid-century tourist trap....with the last Esienhower era Tiki Themed Resort right in the middle of it all!!

For folks like us, its a vacation wonderland.

Hope to see ya next year!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 06:32 am   Permalink

On 2010-05-07 05:48, Bargoyle wrote:
Quote:

LOL. Lets get this one out of the way before we start taking reservations for 2011 (although I DO already have some plans for next year!)

I've gotta agree with ya on Upsate NY, & the Lake George area in particular. It really is a place "trapped in time". As a seasonal town, there arent many "big name" hotels/restaurants/stores, so its all little roadside motels and mom & pop shops from the 50s & 60s.

One part pristine Lake in absolutely gorgeous surroundings, and one part mid-century tourist trap....with the last Esienhower era Tiki Themed Resort right in the middle of it all!!

For folks like us, its a vacation wonderland.

Hope to see ya next year!

Exactly! I can't remember who, but someone said it was like Disneyland for tikiphiles.

And I love that crazy little hotel already, and I've only been there once.

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 8:16 pm   Permalink

Well, I mentioned it to Mrs. Martini. She took a gander at some of the Polaroids and blew a gasket out of sheer retro joy! I knew she would totally dig it!

I think it is now firmly pre-determined that this crazy couple will be New England bound for our 2011 TIKI fixation/vacation. Ergo, you folks have to have ultra whacked-out fun in 2010, so this event will slide right into cruise control when 2011 roll around. Ya dig? I knew that you could!

I am definitely going to make some memories at Hukilau in 2010. But, I (now) am also looking forward to Ohanu, too!

PICTURES! I want to see lots of pictures!!!

Shaken and stirred - Vince Martini

Vince Martini endorses Fez-O-Rama!

[ This Message was edited by: Vince Martini 2010-05-07 20:18 ]

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kamaina Kraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-10 12:36 pm   Permalink

Is there going to be an official poster this year. Here is the collage I made from some of the from Ohana 2009 ephemera.

I hope someone is making a new poster for this year!!!

NEXT MONTH!!!!!

KK

View Profile of Kamaina Kraig Send a personal message to Kamaina Kraig  Email Kamaina Kraig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 07:44 am   Permalink

KK- freakin' sweet!!!

We should have plenty of stuff for a 2010 collage too!

lots to do, little time.

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 10:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-11 07:44, Bargoyle wrote:
lots to do, little time.

Kicking it into high gear here also, Sully.

Woodchips flying as this year's Ohana awards are being carved!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
K9RADIOTIKI

Posted: 2010-05-11 10:58 am   Permalink

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

View Profile of K9RADIOTIKI Send a personal message to K9RADIOTIKI      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 11:59 am   Permalink

K9RT - You'll have a blast! Ohana is sooooooo much fun. Lots of nice folks everywhere!

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
quispquake
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-11 3:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-11 10:58, K9RADIOTIKI wrote:

Same here! Our first Ohana...My inner tiki can't wait!!!

View Profile of quispquake Send a personal message to quispquake  Email quispquake Goto the website of quispquake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kollektor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 06:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-11 15:06, quispquake wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-11 10:58, K9RADIOTIKI wrote:

Same here! Our first Ohana...My inner tiki can't wait!!!

Ditto! (Dave & Jude)

View Profile of Tiki Kollektor Send a personal message to Tiki Kollektor  Goto the website of Tiki Kollektor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 07:56 am   Permalink

6 Weeks and counting!

I can't wait to get together with a bunch of drinking (drunken?) friends and terrorize the mini-golf!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 10:59 am   Permalink

A bunch of first-timers. That's great!!

We'll make sure you'll feel really welcome.

In the next email blast (keep an eye on your inbox) I'll go over our First-Timers program.

We try to spread the Aloha and make everyone feel welcomed and part of the family... part of our Ohana. But we know that it can be intimidating to stumble into a big crowd, many of us whom have know each other for years, and try to introduce yourself around and meet new people, so we're making it easier for you!!!

If its your first tiki event, or your first time to a FOM sponsored event, or if you just don't know that many people, and want to be introduced around, you can sign up as a First Timer. Your badge will be a different color, letting people know that you're new to our scene, and the rest of us will make sure to introduce ourselves, introduce you around, and get you up to speed on what to expect during the weekend.

I've made friends through this whole tiki-deal that I will have for life. Some of the nicest people I know are tikiphiles, and Ohana is great opportunity to see the folks I don't get to see enough during the year, and forge new friendships (not to mention the cocktails, music, & everything else that goes on!)

So, the program is there if you want it. Don't feel that you HAVE to sign up. We try to treat everyone with the same welcoming spirit, regardless of their badge color or tiki "status". More details in the next email blast later this week.

Cant wait to meet ya, and we'll see ya at the Lake!!

www.LuauAtTheLake.com

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-18 9:42 pm   Permalink

Can I sign up for this program too?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation