FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events tiki wonderland iv at the tonga hut--sunday, dec.13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
tiki wonderland iv at the tonga hut--sunday, dec.13
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-12 3:36 pm   Permalink

Nice. REALLY nice! GROG like. The top one is the best one you've done so far.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2009-12-12 15:38 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64

Posted: 2009-12-12 7:14 pm   Permalink

Beautiful pieces! I especially like the blue halo effect around the woman in the second photo.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-12 8:41 pm   Permalink

Gorgeous pieces Jason!
and Jim!
That Santa Cannibal is a CRACKUP!
rockin...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-13 01:57 am   Permalink

Looks like a ton of fun. I wish I could be there to
check out all the sweet art and knock some back. Good luck to
everyone tomorrow. I will toast to you with a cookie and a rum!
MP

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-13 12:13 pm   Permalink

Hey Everybody, wife and i are working on cookies, heres a quick preview of the mugs i will have at the show, seen below, including the 2 MOAI Amber Skowronski cutom underglaze painted.
Mugs have a new style of standardized edition card, and are now sized more appropriately for singular drinks.
Will also have some more pieces by Amber, will have a limited number of AP XL and L THIRSTY t-shirts (design can be seen on my blog) at low debut price, limited number of one of the Ocea Otica sticker designs, a very small amount of AP's of prints from Beachbum Berry Remixed photos, and since i have not had time to shoot the THIRSTY mugs with the dry ice pocket doing its thing, we will be playing with dry ice at the show, look forward to seeing you there..............

MOAI

THIRSTY

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-12-13 2:50 pm   Permalink

Running late! Aw crap! Gotta get out the door. See ya'll at the Tonga Hut.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2009-12-13 14:51 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-14 01:09 am   Permalink

Thank you, Grog, for putting together another fine holiday gathering! Kelly's drinks, Jeff's tunes, wonderful stuff to buy from everyone... Loved it all!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-12-14 10:19 am   Permalink

Thank you everybody who came to the Tiki Wonderland art show at the Tonga Hut. Thanks Jeremy, and thanks Kelly for mixing tasty drinks. Takes a little bit longer to mix those Tiki drinks with all those ingredients than it does to pop the top off a beer bottle and hand it to one of the regulars, eh? You were working your butt off!

Thank you to all the artists for participating, and thank you to the people who baked cookies for the Kuki contest. Congratulations Kirby for Best Looking Tiki Kuki (even though BigTikiDude ate the top of the head off), and Tangaroa Ru (Kari) for Most Tasty Kuki. Thanks Tiki Tony for donating a couple of pendants to the winners.

Thanks Jeff BigTikiDude for DJing. GROG's ears are still bleeding. Who plays punk rock at full volume at a Tiki Bar? Sheesh!

P.S. Nice meeting the new people who showed up. GROG have terrible memory, so next time GROG see you and not remember your name, please not get mad at GROG.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2009-12-14 10:28 ]

Tobor64

Posted: 2009-12-14 11:44 am   Permalink

What a great time last night! So much incredible art and good friends, both old & new. Big "Thank You's" to BTD for keeping everyone in the holiday spirit with rockin' tunes, to Kelly for keeping the holiday spirits in us with her phenomenal tiki concoctions, and, most of all, an extra special "Muchos Gracias" to the one & only Masters Grog and Jeremy & The Tonga Hut for putting it all together.

Happy Holidays to all & Best Wishes for The New Year.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-14 11:48 am   Permalink

What a great night!

MANY thanks to the Tonga Hut, Kelly and the artists!
And, of course, thanks to Grog for organizing the event and Jeff for spinning the great sounds.

It's always a thrill to be out amongst such fine tiki folks.
I'm especially happy that I had the chance to finally "officially meet" a number of people I've seen at past events.

Wonderful people, drinks, art, music... and even baked treats.
Well done, everyone!

[ This Message was edited by: Capt. R.H. Falernum 2009-12-14 11:48 ]

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kalakoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-14 12:05 pm   Permalink

First time for me visiting the Tonga Hut - my friend I came with (Jim West, "Weird" Al Yankovic guitarist) had never been either but said he's passed by it a million times. BTW, BTD played a couple tunes from Jim's Slack Key Christmas CD, did you notice?

Anyway, had a nice time and met some wonderful people including BTD, Sven, and 2 lovely ladies Tiff and Tonya. Will definitely be back!

Aloha,

Mitch

View Profile of kalakoa Send a personal message to kalakoa  Goto the website of kalakoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-14 2:56 pm   Permalink

Ugh...I suck, I can't believe I missed this and I'm just down the street.
New Year's resolution! Make time to check out events on TC and then go!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-14 3:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks Grog, Jeremy, Jeff, Kelly and all the vendors.
I had a great time and picked up a couple cool pieces for the Womb.

Kirby, the "Drooling Bastard" signed looked excellent.

[ This Message was edited by: Murph 2009-12-14 15:32 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Murph 2009-12-14 15:33 ]

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-14 4:10 pm   Permalink

Cheeky, I even texted you to remind you.
yeeesh.

thanks to everybody for the nice comments.
I like x-mas music, but I don't think I have ever played that much in one day. and I threw in some Exotica etc.. to mix it up a bit.

Thanks to Grog and Jeremy for having me again, I really do appreciate it.

And Wow!! The 2 drinks I had of Kelly's were really good.
the Mug Cracker and the Hipalicious I believe its called.
very good. Kudos to you Kelly.

Great art by everybody.

and next time, no cookies right in front of me.
I had at least one of everything, and about 1 Lb. of Kirby rice crispy Moai. aka sugar overdose. my head still hurts.

Jeff(btd)
and P.S. next year has to be on a Sat. not a sunday after Spermy's party.
as Everybody was seriously draggin thier butts after another amazing Blow hole party.

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2009-12-14 16:12 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-14 4:12 pm   Permalink

Great time once again!! the art was top notch Thanks for the vote for best tiki kuki even though it wasnt realy a cookie..I didnt have a chance to take a pic of it at the TH before BTD Ripped its head off but here is some pics i took in the kitchen before the show..

P.S. Thanks Claudette from fluff for the awesome wahini bust, its amazing and i will put it in the rumpus room..And thanks Polynesiac and tiki tony for the great tiki pendants

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure**

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2009-12-14 16:27 ]

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation