FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Mondo Tiki 2003 Pics!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Mondo Tiki 2003 Pics!
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-20 11:16 pm   Permalink

So (after looking at the photos), the girls that were doing "that" - were they "ours"? I mean, were they TC gals or wives or girlfriends or daughters? (I'm gonna skip moms.)

I think I'm kinda looking forward to the more G and PG rated Tiki Oasis!

signed,
Formikahini the Modest, already feeling pressured to tan and tone up for poolside, at which you will NOT see me with thongs anywhere but between my toes

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-20 11:21 pm   Permalink

Looks like a fun and CRRRRRRRRRRAZY time!

I have a feeling I'm gonna insult SOMEONE here, but I have to ask the question that I KNOW the other guys are wondering...

Why is it that these are always the ones to be the wild flaunters and doing the girl/girl teasing?...

....and NOT these?

Some angry boyfriends gonna kick my ass....

FastRunnin'CaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-20 11:31 pm   Permalink

Possible answers:
a.) because girls who look that good don't need to flaunt it to draw attention to themselves

b.) because girls who look that good, if they ARE flaunting it and doing the girl-girl tease, are getting paid about $1000 a week to do so

(And now I'm opening myself up to getting my ass kicked too, but by hottie bikini girls)

(And no, SugarCaddyDaddy, you can't videotape it)

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 01:22 am   Permalink

My affection for Hawaiian shirts aside, Hula's pictures just reconfirm my long-held opinion that there is NOTHING quite as hot as a fellow in a swanky suit. Nice one, Hula!

As far as girls go...I agree, somewhat, with the previously expressed opinions in this thread...but...

You guys really consider sinewy, tan and tough-looking the ultimate in sexy? I thought the Mamie Van Doren lookalike with the flower in her hair was a bit of all right...for 1957, anyway. But I note, Marilyn Monroe and Bettie Page did not have "workout" bodies.

In theory at least, I like to think that a certain degree of shamelessness is groovy, and that all body types are acceptable--even beautiful in their own ways, when paired with the right personality and attitude! All you gentlemen with pot bellies and love handles, take note

Whoops, the bikini posse's gonna come after me now!

tikivixen taking it on the lam

p.s. thongs are against my religion...the religion of "don't make me look at your butt and I won't make you look at mine."

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 08:33 am   Permalink

I think that those "BROADS" were part of "Viva Las Vegas" the Rock-a-Billy party over at the Gold Coast. I don't think they had a beach to flaunt their stuff over there so they hung with us.
I really like the bodies on those girls and they were quite striking in the face also. But the #1 thing that makes a person detestible(sp) is attitude and they were in some kinda world of their own. I mean when we were back stage the one went pee on Judd's music and my foot.
Anyway what a blast, what a contact hangover.
All the venders were great, Kika and Spike great stuff, now go take the world by the tail and handle it. XXL tanks please, I mean "NOW"
I just don't get gambling, I can walk into the gift store throw money down and atleast come home with something.
Bring on The Oasis I can't wait!
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 09:58 am   Permalink

Yes, you guys are right...ATTITUDE does make a whole lotta difference. Don't get my previous post wrong, I do like the voluptuous/rubinesque/BBW/whatever-the-politically-correct term is for the non-hardbody women. I sort of felt a weirdness coming from those pictures of "them". Of course, I know some 'hotties' with bad/insecure attitudes too..

Bax~ you're timing is incredible, even on this board...I was drinking sugar-free lemonade just as I was reading about one of "them" peeing on your foot and on Judd's sheetmusic...yuck! where's my diet coke?...

TikiVixen~ yes, Mamie, Marilyn and Bettie were some non-hard body lovlies! May I throw in Mae West. Whoa! Yeah Baby! Two of my favorite quotes from her: "Goodness, what beatiful diamonds!" -- "Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie" and "Good sex is like good Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand."

ok, enough chat from me...

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 10:06 am   Permalink

Woah, hey! Who peed on what? I think I missed that part of the show. I better figure things out first before saying that that was my favorite part of the trip.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 11:33 am   Permalink

great weekend, good to see allot of familiar faces plus to meet some previously unknown faces from TC. Did anyone get a pic of the 20 ft moai bar at the car show at VLV, that thing was pretty cool too. Many thnaks to Holden for Mondo, thanks to all the great artists for coming out, oh and before I forget thanks to Futura Girl and CB Howlie for the Vegas tour on Friday.

PS... at VLV, over at the Gold Coast, it was near impossible to get in to see the bands without a wristband. Mig accomplished this feat by donning the Gorilla suit and running right past security!!!

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 11:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-21 08:33, thebaxdog wrote:
I mean when we were back stage the one went pee on Judd's music and my foot.

That's what THAT was!? I thought it was oil from Al's chainsaw. Yikes! Anyone wanna buy a towel?

Greta Party. One word-HOOKERS!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LapuRocker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-21 3:49 pm   Permalink

WOW!

View Profile of LapuRocker Send a personal message to LapuRocker  Email LapuRocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 4:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks for postin' the pics Hula. Good to see everybody out havin' a good ol time.
Looks like those of us who didn't make it missed a Party with a capital PEE.
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 5:54 pm   Permalink

Aloha! Mondo Tiki was Mondo Fun! Such a great and social crowd. I really enjoy this tiki gang we have. Even the folks who were'nt there for the event were getting into it and asking me to come over and sing 'em an old Hawaiian tune or two. I did get a couple requests for Pantera and Metallica! Oh, the dangers of being the strolling uke strummer. Thanks, Tiki Farm for putting this dandy day together! Here are some photos:

Benboo Bam Hangin' Loose

The Jab and Friends

The Chikitikis

The Baxdog and Wes House of Tiki and Friend

Aqua RJ Showin' Off What He Gots!

Naomi Chihuahuaplanet Combing The Beach

Shag, Sven and Hukilau Brown - Quiet Village Bird Calls

The Thurston Howlies With Yours Truly

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-04-21 6:25 pm   Permalink

Well, I just happen to know who "they" are, but am going to hold off on mentioning anything until I hear more details about, uh, "that".

(And no, I had nothing to do with their being there!)

Iuka can expect a phone call this evening with a request for details...

Thanks to everyone for hanging out/helping out. I was late in getting there, but we got set up and established! Thanks esp. to Hula, Polyp, and the Chikis for helping watch the booth and stuff. I'm still sore from so much gorillacizing.

Photos coming soon.

mig

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-04-21 6:28 pm   Permalink

Oh, and to answer SugarCaddyDaddy's question earlier in the thread ("why is it THESE, and not these...")

It's because the first, uh, pair were there for Mondo, and happened to be at the Hard Rock. And the second pair were at the Hard Rock, and just happened to swing by Mondo.

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 8:02 pm   Permalink

Vegas was so much fun. I wish the Mondo thing could have gone longer into the night. Did anyone else end up at the Joint (The Hard Rock's concert venue) after Mondo?

I was walking along with my friends and these girls asked us if we wanted to go into the Joint to see a free Melissa Ethridge show. Not being one to pass up a free anything, we went in. Sure enough, there she was, by herself with an acoustic guitar. Lapu and I were pretty well gone from a day's worth of drinking Hard Rock Scorpions in the jumbo collectable sports bottle so we pushed up towards the front of the stage. Both of our girlfriends were in the back, at the bar getting drinks. So we were dancing around and being obnoxious singing, 'Come to my Window' when I started noticing guys smiling at us. At first I just thought, wow, what friendly people. Then, I started putting it together; Melissa Ethridge, lots of girls, and mostly guys smiling at us. Lapu and I walked smack dab in the middle of a gay pride concert. Pretty funny. We hung around for about three or four songs and then took off. She did play really well though.

I also had a great time hanging out with everyone at Taboo Cove. I think that everyone will agree that it really depends on who is working the bar as to how the service is. Our bartender this time was not only smoking hot but had rockabilly/ swing playing on the stereo and served great drinks. It was also cool to meet all the folks that I hadn't yet met before. James Tietelbaum and I drank Zombies and talked about his book and his adventures on the road. I also somehow ended up at the Gold Coast with Pop, Hula, and Tina. We ran into Sven at his lady friend's booth there. Not to sure what happened after that but it was fun anyhow.

The bands were all real good at Mondo. I was really into seeing The Howlies and APE for the first time. Bax even got into it with the Howlies. The pictures will show that. I was just walking around when I turn a corner and I see Bax walking around in the top half of a tuxedo. It still makes me laugh. Vintage girls' go-go dancing, the Gorilla, Cheri, CB, Judd on the uke, the burlesque girls; it all made for great entertainment.

APE was great too. At the beginning of the show the guitar player hands a tamborine to me and one to some Indian guy. We're playing along with the band from the ground and my problem was that I kept whacking the tamborine on the same spot on my leg, all night long. The booze must've made it numb because it didn't hurt at the time, but I woke up with the biggest bruise on my leg. It is seriously like ten inches across in all directions. I guess APE will do that to you though.

Maholo to Chiki for the Tiki pendent thing. Very cool of you. And to Ben and Vicky for the Mondo tiki sign.

I posted pics on my Kika Tiki site. Click the 'NEWS' torch and it should take you right there.

www.kikatiki.com

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation