FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Sven's The SOUND of TIKI CD -preview and discussion
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Sven's The SOUND of TIKI CD -preview and discussion
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 04:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-21 17:50, nature boy wrote:
Hey,
Go to Amazon and mark "Chubby's" review as unhelpful! This guy has obviously not even listened to the CD.
Here's the link
http://www.amazon.com/Sven-Kirsten-Presents-Sound/dp/B0036ULAPU/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285116032&sr=8-1
Leave a positive review while you're there.

Thank You, Nature Boy, for pointing this out. Yeah, it looks like someone has a personal beef with me. What b.s. to state I was doing it for the money:

"What a waste of Tiki cash from the so called 'Tiki God'..... guess when the mortgage comes due you got to due something. Look for this CD in a discount bin in the near future."

This unspecific review is obviously just aimed to bring my rating down. Someone did that years ago with the BOT too, but was soon overwhelmed by 5 star reviews. Please folks do that here too, we authors are otherwise defenseless against such ill will.

I am not saying my work is unassailable, I appreciate intelligent criticism, but this is simply internet sabotage with nothing to say.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-23 8:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the CD...positive review on it's way.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 12:36 am   Permalink

Great CD !!
I'm looking forward to vol. 2

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 12:41 am   Permalink

Thank you Vamp and John, your posts filled it up half a star. Thanks John for pointing out all the aspects why a one star rating just does not make sense. Please post some more reviews, folks, and the malevolent machinations of some grudge-bearing envyer will be foiled. It's as easy as posting on Tiki Central!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 8:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks to another nice review by Tom, SOT has inched another half star towards its old status.
C'mon, who's got in them to spent a few minutes to give whoever hides themselves behind that false I.D as "Chubby" the finger, and help The Sound of Tiki back on track?

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 8:54 pm   Permalink

It's got a good beat and it's easy to dance to. GROG give it 7.5.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-25 02:12 am   Permalink

Great, thank you, Ernie. But where's your review?

twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-25 3:23 pm   Permalink

I think Chubby may have thought it was gonna be filled with Buffett tunes or something and was a little sore.
And come on, if BB wanted to rake in piles of cash, he'd pick another genre other than exotica. Either that or he'd a gotten Justin Bieber for the CD cover and had him doing a version of Cockeyed Mayor of Kaunakakai or something on it somewhere...

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-26 10:32 am   Permalink

Thank You everybody for their reviews. Though I have no idea who Justin Bieber is, I don't think "Chubby" expected anything, nor did he really listen to or read the booklet. He is some sorry individual somewhere who was solely bent on posting a one star rating to bring down the 5 Star one the CD was at. After 7 five star ratings it should sort of become obvious that ONE one star rating is not an honest critique, but Tiki Tea-Party-ism.

I would not make such a fuss about this, but I want my label to be successful with this CD so they will let me do the next one (which so far, they will). Bear Family is not that well known in the U.S., and I won't let some malevolent crank mess with the impression they make here.

GROG

Posted: 2010-09-26 10:37 am   Permalink

Should "Chubby" GROG change GROG' review then?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-09-26 10:38 am   Permalink

P.S. GROG not really "Chubby". GROG just "big-boned".

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-26 10:42 am   Permalink

Whatever it is, it would be nice if Grog could possibly make some productive contribution here, other than just fooling around.

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-01 06:24 am   Permalink

Put my review in. Not too eloquent, but it made my point.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-15 10:35 am   Permalink

bump,
get this cd if you don't have it.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-13 7:15 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation