FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events New Year's Eve ! The Tikiyaki Orchestra at Don the Beachcomber !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
New Year's Eve ! The Tikiyaki Orchestra at Don the Beachcomber !
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 10:47 pm   Permalink

so get the 25 dollar ticket and eat at Taco surf.
or get there early and eat in the bar.

sheeesh isnt not that hard to figure out.

and people call me Eeyore.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-10 10:58 pm   Permalink

As I stated before....I'm not happy about this either, but we have no control over this.

Perhaps your complaint should be emailed to the folks at Don The Beachcomber. All the contact info you need is in your post.

Complaining here will not change anything nor will it be heard by the powers that be.

In other words, "Don't Shoot me, I'm only the bongo player"

You DO have a more cost effective option, as BTD stated, so maybe the $25 ticket will work for you.

Man, if I had a dollar for every bullet I've taken for this place......

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2009-12-10 23:04 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-10 11:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-10 22:47, bigtikidude wrote:
so get the 25 dollar ticket and eat at Taco surf.
or get there early and eat in the bar.

sheeesh isnt not that hard to figure out.

and people call me Eeyore.

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-12-11 11:13 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 11:55 pm   Permalink

I concur with Kelly.

Art-WTF?

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-11 11:12 am   Permalink

So because Jim is one of my very best friends in the world and I value that...immensely... this ones for you...

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-11 11:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-10 22:58, tikiyaki wrote:

In other words, "Don't Shoot me, I'm only the bongo player"

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2009-12-10 23:04 ]

Yeah, but you are a GREAT Bongo player!!!!!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-11 9:03 pm   Permalink

Is anyone planning on staying at the Hampton Inn? I just checked the map and it is not walking or stumbling distance. A shuttle would be required or you would have to drive. If I have to drive, I might as well just go home.

I think Don's needs to make a deal with a closer hotel/motel. Might make up for stiffing us on the tickets.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-11 10:06 pm   Permalink

I had a feeling that it was Donnie Beachbummers that were driving this shindig when I saw the price. TiKiYaki has taken pretty good care of us in the past and I know that success has not gone to Lush's head, only the last drink has...
As much as I wanteded to go, it is over my head this year, so be it...I am still Tikiyaki's biggest fan, Don Beachbummer, not so much.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-11 11:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-11 21:03, PiPhiRho wrote:
Is anyone planning on staying at the Hampton Inn? I just checked the map and it is not walking or stumbling distance. A shuttle would be required or you would have to drive. If I have to drive, I might as well just go home.

I think Don's needs to make a deal with a closer hotel/motel. Might make up for stiffing us on the tickets.

I had heard that there was going to be a shuttle going back and forth from Don's to the Hotel.
but I'd double check with the hotel or Don's about that.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-12 09:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-11 23:08, bigtikidude wrote:
Quote:

I had heard that there was going to be a shuttle going back and forth from Don's to the Hotel.
but I'd double check with the hotel or Don's about that.

Jeff(btd)

No Shuttle.

I say go for the 777. Down n Dirty baby !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-12 09:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

A shuttle would be required or you would have to drive. If I have to drive, I might as well just go home.

We'd planned on taking a taxi to & fro anyway.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-14 10:16 am   Permalink

It appears The ticket price is set to increase again so.....act now, don't delay, step right up and do NOT miss out on this fabulous opportunity to see the greatest contemporary exotica group in the world, performing in the most atmospherically cool venue on the west coast. You WILL NOT find this deal for a better price anywhere in the world and it will never be offered again! Well...hopefully next year also but you know you can't wait that long.

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virgin mai tai

Posted: 2009-12-14 10:17 am   Permalink

I don't understand what the big deal is about the $75 vs. $95 ticket - I bought a ticket for $75 and freaked out because I thought I'd have to pay more, but I called Don the Beachcomber and Art told me that I didn't have to - there was an error on the brown paper site and they are honoring the tickets purchased before it was fixed. I guess it's $75, but they want to make sure everyone understands there is tax and tip. So, I have to pay the tip and whatnot later, but what if some people get drunk and forget?

All I'm saying is that I don't understand why we all just can't get along.
VMT

Quote:

On 2009-12-10 23:55, Coco Joe wrote:
I concur with Kelly.

Art-WTF?

View Profile of virgin mai tai Send a personal message to virgin mai tai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-14 10:33 am   Permalink

Cool video clip link here about Don's.

http://www.greersoc.com/index.php/blogs/daily-dose/pleasing_the_tiki_gods/

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-14 11:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-14 10:16, OnlyATikiLad wrote:
do NOT miss out on this fabulous opportunity to see the greatest contemporary exotica group in the world, performing in the most atmospherically cool venue on the west coast.

Exactly! Well said!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation