FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Anyone tried the Kraken yet?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Anyone tried the Kraken yet?
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 5:02 pm   Permalink

Jut what I need, something to fill my Kraken!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 10:46 pm   Permalink

Doh!!

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-10 06:49 am   Permalink

Book is very cool...poster's just OK.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean

Posted: 2010-02-10 08:37 am   Permalink

Any idea if they'll re-issue the book?

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean

Posted: 2010-02-12 10:29 am   Permalink

http://www.thedieline.com/blog/2009/11/the-kraken-media-kit.html

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-12 10:42 am   Permalink

I like the design and everything. Even the spooky theremin kind music on the website is great.

Hmm, I'd like to try that rum. Too bad I don't think it will ever be available here...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-12 4:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-12 10:42, virani wrote:
I like the design and everything. Even the spooky theremin kind music on the website is great.

Hmm, I'd like to try that rum. Too bad I don't think it will ever be available here...

But isn't that what trips to the US are great for? Procuring rare and locally unavailable boozes!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 08:46 am   Permalink

I doubt they'll ever have it here either but it looks pretty good based on all the tiki central feedback.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-15 10:48 am   Permalink

Found a bottle here in Maryland; there are notes of vanilla in it and the rum it reminded me of most was Seven Tiki. Have had it straight and with Coke Zero and if you like spiced rum, both ways were pretty tasty. Have not tried to mix any cocktails with it yet.

The Kraken Rum website's locater was very useful towards procuring it. Actually found both the 750ML and 1.75 size bottles; they were running $20 and $30 respectively.

Cheers,
Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean

Posted: 2010-02-15 10:53 am   Permalink

Funny your message showed up just now- am on my way back to the local supermarket where I saw a bottle the other day.
Made me think it was available everywhere. After looking around this weekend, apparently not.

rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-21 5:03 pm   Permalink

Kraken appears to be available in Massachusetts now.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-09 3:08 pm   Permalink

Picked up a bottle of Kraken the other night and shared it with a party of friends. Pretty good stuff straight. Now so spicy. Dark color made me think black strap, but the flavor was not that strong. Very smooth, slightly sweet, but not a lot. Caramel. Tasted next to Seven Tiki, Seven Tiki is VERY vanilla.

I enjoyed it a lot and so did everyone at the party. I'd get it again.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-24 10:51 pm   Permalink

Finally found a bottle for me self here locally. Took a nip, immediately got some choco/coffee notes. Poured a shot over a scoop of vanilla ice cream ---immaculate! Enjoyed some with seltzer and lime as well. I think I like it. Something good to have on hand for sure.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 09:43 am   Permalink

Got another bottle and tried it without the distraction of a party. Too sweet. Not liking it so much. Molasses.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 5:50 pm   Permalink

I like Kraken...to me it's like spiced coruba. I knabbed a giant bottle for $21.00.
The only other spiced rum we buy is Matusalem.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation