FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-26 03:08 am   Permalink

But I am cheating on the Barkcloth shirt with this one to, I know! what a Cad....

I really wish Tiki Kate would leave some of the cooler shirts for the rest of us.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-26 07:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

That is a very nice shirt Atomic. Thanks for sharing. I'll get around to posting a couple of mine.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-26 08:20 am   Permalink

You said OK to the ladies so here is a favorite of my wife.

Closeup. The colors are allot brighter than the photo.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-26 1:27 pm   Permalink

I've got more Aloha than you can shake a stick at (and plenty of Aloha Shirts too). But TIKI shirts are harder to come by, here's the only 2 I have. I made a couple, but they don't count

Picked up this Rietveld shirt new on eBay. The design is cool but the shirt's made of plastic! The experts tell me sublimation printing is required for this level of detail and that only works on polyester. Hmmm

Got this one for $7 off the clearance rack at RiteAide in Coronado Island. The coolest thing about this shirt is that it's made of 100% cotton (that's important here in the desert)

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-27 09:27 am   Permalink

Quote:
The experts tell me sublimation printing is required for this level of detail and that only works on polyester. Hmmm

That's MOSTLY true,Mike...
But recently, in the past year or so, we;ve been sublimating cotton /poly tees
for huge prints covering the whole garment...
The colors aren't as "punchy" as the pure polyester,
but the look our tees require a more "washed down/distressed" feel...

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook and now Instagram under Ken Ruzic
AW Jeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-28 3:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-26 13:27, MadDogMike wrote:
I made a couple, but they don't count

Why don't they count? If they're aloha shirts with tiki in the print - they count! The fact that you made them yourself is even better to my way of thinking - they're CUSTOM shirts, not off the rack!

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-28 4:14 pm   Permalink

Thank you Kiki Here's my experiment in Batik. The design I stole from a stencil. The contrasting stitching was not planned, I used a yellow 100% cotton shirt, not realizing that the stitching was polyester and wouldn't absorb the dye

Chlorox bleach pen and brown Sharpie on a khaki shirt, perfect to wear with a pith helmet.

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2009-11-28 21:13 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-28 4:21 pm   Permalink

I like this one (of many) because of the colors, especially the tikis...

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-29 09:01 am   Permalink

This thread may last forever and it's fun! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-29 12:31 pm   Permalink

I've had this one for about 12 years now... not a whole lotta tiki going on.. But...

BB

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-29 12:42 pm   Permalink

Wow! Did you buy it new 12 years ago? Or is it even older? It reminds me of a brown and white 70s design I saw like 20 years ago, same amount of boobage, but more flowing line art-style. I always regretted not photographing it.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-29 12:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-29 09:01, danlovestikis wrote:
This thread may last forever and it's fun! Wendy

Wendy that shirt also came with the coveted zipper pull Tiki:

I have one...sans shirt though:

The owner deemed the whole ensemble suitable for framing:

..and I agree!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-29 1:54 pm   Permalink

Man, you guys are breaking out some shirts I have never seen before, nice job!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-29 3:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-29 12:42, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wow! Did you buy it new 12 years ago? Or is it even older? It reminds me of a brown and white 70s design I saw like 20 years ago, same amount of boobage, but more flowing line art-style. I always regretted not photographing it.

It was bought new at a local surf shop here, I never saw another one like it though..
I gets lots of compliments on this one...

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-29 6:43 pm   Permalink

[/quote] It was bought new at a local surf shop here, I never saw another one like it though..
I gets lots of compliments on this one...
[/quote]

I found one like that on Ebay a couple years ago (same color looks darker in photo though). Love it, just selective where I wear it. Is there a pocket on the left side on yours?

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation