FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-29 4:45 pm   Permalink

1961Surf, those shirts are killer!!! Trevor has the same pattern in green. I would kill for it in blue! You make me sick that you found them! lol

I have a new orange barkcloth that I got in Hawaii a couple of months back, but Bree says I have to wait and debut it at Sarong o rama, so I guess I won't post that one yet. It's my current fav! But here is my second favorite!

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-29 6:29 pm   Permalink

here are a couple of my faves. they're even brighter in person.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-29 8:03 pm   Permalink

Those are Groovy! man

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-29 8:37 pm   Permalink

those are very similar to peter max designs.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-01 3:20 pm   Permalink

I went to a funeral today, about half of the men there were wearing aloha shirts. This speaks to the acceptance of aloha shirts in Southern California.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-01 4:05 pm   Permalink

I need to take some pics, but a couple weekends ago I found 4 "Go Barefoot" shirts at the local Goodwill. They are my new favorite. From the looks of the labels they are older. Pull over cotton shirts in what I think they call a reverse print (the colors are brighter inside the shirt than on the outside). REALLY comfortable. They have 4 buttons on the front. I'm guessing 70's, but could be wrong. Anyone familiar with them?

[ This Message was edited by: littlegiles 2010-06-01 17:17 ]

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-01 6:15 pm   Permalink

Here are a couple of my favorites:

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hilander
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-02 3:37 pm   Permalink

My First, believe it or not it's a Ralph Lauren

My Latest & Fave

View Profile of Hilander Send a personal message to Hilander      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 2:02 pm   Permalink

Just found this one last weekend. Shirts with Tikis on them are pretty rare around here, so imagine my surprise at finding this one in the OZARKS (Springfield Mo to be precise)!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 2:10 pm   Permalink

Great shirt Silverline! by chance is it an XL? just asking....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 4:50 pm   Permalink

Silverline - is that a vintage shirt? It's beautiful either way. Thanks.

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 5:58 pm   Permalink

Silverline,

Great score on the shirt! Sven needs a shot of that one for the Look of Tiki. What's with the pink hanger?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 8:01 pm   Permalink

It's a vintage "Hawaiian Holiday Sports Wear" made in Hawaii, size medium. Fits me just fine! The pink hanger is a yarn-wrapped, thick hanger. I use yarn or "puffy" hangers for all my vintage shirts. It lessens the stress on the shirt. I NEVER use wire or plastic hangers with good vintage shirts, especially silk or rayon shirts!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-07 8:37 pm   Permalink

Silverline, that one is a beauty.. very cool... I hope to find one like that someday..

Instagram- TikiPop / Beachbumzmaui

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 10:41 pm   Permalink

NO WIRE HANGERS! damn its a medium,all hope has been dashed,still a great shirt! I will have to learn to be happy for you Silverline! Damn!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation