FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Show us your favorite Aloha Shirt.
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-08 9:51 pm   Permalink

that "Jesus and the fishing disciples" Hawaiian shirt is fantastic!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
xtine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-09 09:03 am   Permalink

I think my favorite is Sully's Vader shirt. I don't have pictures of it though.

View Profile of xtine Send a personal message to xtine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 04:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2010-06-08 12:11, JonPez wrote:

Nice!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 9:24 pm   Permalink

I love these two as they each not only have a Tiki print, but I got them in Hawaii.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 5:42 pm   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1099&forum=5&vpost=574447

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 5:48 pm   Permalink

Opps.....Just started a similiar thread....I will delete mine and add it to this one

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 5:48 pm   Permalink

Here is my current stock of Hawaiian shirts.......The Pineappleman's Hawaiian shirt collection.
I thought it would be fun to share and cool to see what Hawaiian shirts are in others collections.
I've seen a bunch of really cool stuff in the Tiki Oasis Roll Call thread.....Some a little wilder than I'm used to but really cool.

Go here for my collection and post your Hawaiian shirts here...

http://pineapplemantiki.blogspot.com/2011/08/pineapplemans-hawaiian-shirt-collection.html

Here is a sample rocking my FAT Magnum PI look from a couple of years ago

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 5:53 pm   Permalink

Bigbrotiki's and the on Beachbumz's (topless girl shirt) are my 2 favorites so far....
I would love to have those in my collection

tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 06:09 am   Permalink

My favorite one is being fixed right now, it got a rip in one of the button holes. It is a reproduction of a WWII aloha shirt that has tigers all over it. The exact same shirt design that Bruce Willis wore in "12 Monkeys".

My second favorite one however is my miniature golf one by Reyn Spooner. I love miniature golf, and wigged out when I saw this shirt on ebay: mini golf, tiki, and all on a aloha shirt??? Oh my god! Interesting story goes with this shirt; I was told by the seller that Reyn Spooner got sued for not licensing the images, and that is why the tag is ripped.The seller told me that these shirts were supposed to be destroyed but a few got out. The tag does look like it was intentionally cut and the few other shirts with the same print I have seen all have cut tags. I don't know if the story is true or not, but somehow I believe it and I will show you why in just a sec.

Okay now, for those that don't know there is a following of old school miniature golfers out there, and like tiki-dom there are very few original "sacred" courses out there left. So to those of us who know of them, or of ones that are now long gone but were infamous in mini golf circles images from them are highly recognizable. The "bible" on mini golf is the long out of print Abbeville press book: "Miniature Golf" by John Margolies, Nina Garfinkel, and Maria Reidelbach. It is a thin book, but covers a huge amount on the history of mini golf and has tons of pictures of courses past and present.
So remember that cool Moai? Pretty generic mini golf image...right?...right?

Hmm... how about that candy house? Also a pretty standard old mini golf prop... (I have actually played where this particular image was taken from: Golf 'N' Stuff)

This is the one that kills me. Goony Golf is absolutely infamous, it was one of the earliest mini golf chains all made by one specific artist. "Spoony Golf" indeed.

There is some dispute about who started mini golf, but it is widely agreed that Tom Thumb is the ancestor of the first actual course (the first course was called "thistle dhu" by the same husband and wife team).

This is hilarious in two ways because it is a double rip off. The original is obviously a rip off of Snoopy and the red baron, and then the shirt designer went and ripped it off again.

Seriously the designer thought they could hide ripping this off by changing the top of the lighthouse? Really? You may want to ditch the iconic seagulls... we all know this is from Putter's Paradise in Massachusetts.

You have to be crapping me... they even copied the PAR SIGN??? Does this designer have a creative bone in their body?

Yes, even the life preserver is a poor rip off...

This one was on a lot of atomic age mini golf courses, but the resemblance to the photo is just too uncanny.

And this is just too iconic to be ANYTHING else...

I am an artist, I know there is sometimes a fine line between being inspired by something original and borrowing from that source. But then there is the other thing... WHOLESALE RIPPING OFF. About 90% of this shirt is original. But I love it all the more for all of this because it is like one of those forbidden treasures your not supposed to have. I can full well imagine Reyn Spooner got sued over this or taken to court if not by the existing course owners then by the book authors. As a artist/graphic designer it makes it have even more meaning, and doubly special because I have played a few of the courses that are represented on the shirt.

Sorry didn't mean to hi-jack the thread, but felt the story behind the shirt needed explaining to fully appreciate it.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 09:54 am   Permalink

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 10:52 am   Permalink

What the hell is that Jungle Trader, body paint? that's wild looking.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 3:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-07 10:52, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
What the hell is that Jungle Trader, body paint? that's wild looking.

Yeah, blacklite body paint.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-25 7:35 pm   Permalink

My sister in law brought this one back from Hawaii for me for my birthday, Ky's of Hawaii

"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-25 7:53 pm   Permalink

Now that is a Tiki shirt, I like all the plants you keep in your closet too!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gino Hasler Jr

Posted: 2012-07-25 8:10 pm   Permalink

If you're familiar with the Hawaiian shirt totin' staff of Trader Joe's, "Go Barefoot" is the brand they use. I love the pull overs! They come to the store in 5 packs of seasonal varieties - spring, summer, winter & fall.
I'm even guilty of wearing 'em inside out from time to time because of that dark inner print.

Hope that helped!

Gino

Quote:

On 2010-06-01 16:05, littlegiles wrote:
I need to take some pics, but a couple weekends ago I found 4 "Go Barefoot" shirts at the local Goodwill. They are my new favorite. From the looks of the labels they are older. Pull over cotton shirts in what I think they call a reverse print (the colors are brighter inside the shirt than on the outside). REALLY comfortable. They have 4 buttons on the front. I'm guessing 70's, but could be wrong. Anyone familiar with them?

[ This Message was edited by: littlegiles 2010-06-01 17:17 ]

View Profile of Gino Hasler Jr Send a personal message to Gino Hasler Jr  Goto the website of Gino Hasler Jr     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation