FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Jan 30th * Tikiyaki Orchestra @ Trader Vics,Palo Alto - Tix Avail NOW
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Jan 30th * Tikiyaki Orchestra @ Trader Vics,Palo Alto - Tix Avail NOW
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-14 10:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-27 09:05, tikiyaki wrote:

Prepare for take-off!
Tikiyaki Airways announces new non-stop service from Palo Alto to Paradise!

Due to the rather long trip, Captain Lush will need to refuel (re-booze), so there will be an extended lei-over at the Trader Vics terminal, built especially to accommodate the discerning passengers of Tikiyaki Airways.

Your trip will take you to exotic ports o call where you and your guests can schmooze over delectable cocktails and browse the many duty-free shops filled with Polynesian Pop goods from around the world. Thrill to the tropical sounds of the Tikiyaki Orchestra as they perform for the first time in the Trader Vics Palo Alto terminal for this special flight.

As with any flight, there is inevitably lost or unclaimed baggage. Therefore, each passenger will receive a luggage claim ticket upon boarding. The ticket will give them the opportunity to claim a suitcase and whatever is inside! Due to the heightened levels of FAA security, aloha wear and flight crew wear is strongly encouraged.

Book your flight now!

Admission : $20 in advance / $25 at the door
Doors at 6:00
Show starts at 8:30

TRADER VICS
4269 El Camino Real,
Palo Alto, CA 94306
650-849-9800

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/producer/17856

This event will take place in the large Banquet room in the back of Trader Vics.
Vics is attached to beautiful Dinah's Garden Hotel which Trader Vics which is perfect for you out of towners, or weary travellers who want to enjoy Vic's Mai Tais, but not drive home !

http://dinahshotel.com/

You can get a special rate for this event.

Standard Rooms: $95 plus taxes
Executive & Lanai Suites: $125 plus taxes
King Suites: $135 plus taxes

Here is the link to take you directly to the Dinah’s website to book a room.

https://reservations.ihotelier.com/istay.cfm?hotelid=4793&languageid=1&versionid=10&rateplanid=568246

Or you can go here:

https://reservations.ihotelier.com/onescreen.cfm?hotelid=4793&languageid=1

and then click on “access code rates” which is on the bottom right hand side and enter access code “tiki2010”

OR

The toll-free number is 800-227-8220. Their group block is under the name “Tiki 2010” and the group account number is 42610702074.

So, warm up your winter with the Tikiyaki Orchestra !

DUTY FREE GIFT SHOP VENDORS :

Tikiyaki Airways

Eric October

Jungle Trader

Meiko

Tiki King

Retro Diva

MP

Retro Ruthie

Tiki Kaimuki

Tiki Farm

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2009-12-20 12:11 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 5:09 pm   Permalink

2 weeks until the show!!! NorCal finally gets a visit from Tikiyaki.....Get your tickets now before the show sells out!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 6:53 pm   Permalink

Got my King Executive Lanai Suite, these, and more, ready to travel

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-16 3:35 pm   Permalink

Lookin' good Jungle Trader!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-16 3:48 pm   Permalink

Yo Jungle Trader,

Can we borrow some of those for Stage Decor ? We'll peddle them throughout the show !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-16 4:02 pm   Permalink

You bet you can borrow a few.
Also, I heard that Tiki Bong's gonna be slidin' pluckin' steel. Haven't seen him in years. This is gonna be fun.
Mahalo Tikitastic.

Who needs peyote when you have Smuggler's Cove.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2010-01-16 16:07 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-16 4:56 pm   Permalink

I have my ticket and my finest aloha wear is all picked out. I do have a few questions though being a Tiki newbie and all.

1. When would be a good time to show up to get a good seat?

2. Are the vendors going to have their tiki swag up before, after or both?

3. I'm assuming that food and drink are extra. Being that the show is in the banquet room will we have to change our seats when the show starts or just eat and drink until the pleasant booze induced fuzz starts during the show?

4. It's been rumored that like Tiki Oasis there may be some room parties. How does one get included and what is the rumored room party protocol?

5. I want to be a good attendee for the hosts. If there is a room party what should I bring to make my stay a pleasant one for the hosts and myself?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Personal Goal:
I'm working toards the need for a liver transplant.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-16 7:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-16 16:02, Jungle Trader wrote:
You bet you can borrow a few.
Also, I heard that Tiki Bong's gonna be slidin' pluckin' steel. Haven't seen him in years. This is gonna be fun.
Mahalo Tikitastic.

Who needs peyote when you have Smuggler's Cove.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2010-01-16 16:07 ]

Correct....

Bong will be filling in for Gary Brandin. Gary has obligations at home that make it difficult for him to do long distance shows.

Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-17 06:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-01 20:48, TikiGeeki wrote:
Alright SoCal tiki savages! Are you going to let our beloved Tikiyaki be eaten alive by those northern cannibals?! Hell No! Tikiyaki needs our support.

I also hear there are some damn fine tiki bars up there, not to mention the Smuggler's Cove opening up. I'm just saying... sounds like a prime time for a road trip!

I'm planning to be a part of a road trip to the savage north, drink my financial woes away and delve head first into some great escapism. WHO'S WITH ME?!?! If we can get a few people, splitting gas, hotel, bar tab, etc. (thought I'd throw in that last one just in case I catch you off guard... had to try) should be much more doable than what I would spend alone.

TikiGiki & SoCal Tiki Savages,

I'm going to have my first visit to Smuggler's Cove but they open at 5:00. The TO show at Trader Vic's in Palo Alto begins at 6:00 and the show starts at 8:30. Now me being a tiki newbie I don't know if I'll have time to arrive there to get good seats because the Cove is about 45 minutes away. I really want to see the Cove but at the same time get good seats for TO. Maybe it doesn't matter if I'm a little late in showing up for TO? I don't know never having been to one of these shin digs before. I'm jazzed at increasing my tiki Ohana to include you and the rest of the So Cal gang that's going to be on your road trip. Clue me in on the details of your additional stop(s) and maybe we can arrange a meet at the Cove before the TO show.

PS We norhtern Cannibals only eat tourists not Tiki Ohana so you and the Tikiyaki are safe in our hands.

Personal Goal:
I'm working toards the need for a liver transplant.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 11:36 am   Permalink

I heard from Tiki Geeki, and Tiki G that they are not able to make it up.
I am still trying to figure out how to make it possible, but its not looking good.
The holidays hit me hard.
I am really hoping I can make it up.
I really want to see Tikiyaki in Nor. Cal.
and I haven't been to the PA trader Vics.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hoolie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-18 08:59 am   Permalink

BTD, sent you a PM.

View Profile of hoolie Send a personal message to hoolie  Email hoolie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 12:33 am   Permalink

Now this is what Im talking about!!!!

I cant wait for this. I have some paintings
I'll be bringing, but also some cool ceramics that
may or may not be fired on time. Im praying to the gods for some
luck and some last minute, squeezed in kiln action.
See you all there.

Oh yeah, I forgot about "choppa the hut".

Hopefully he will be coming along. Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: mp 2010-01-19 00:50 ]

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 06:56 am   Permalink

MP!!!

Awesome!

I hope they are done in time

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 07:51 am   Permalink

Choppa the Hut and Rum barrel Bob..
good stuff empee....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 09:14 am   Permalink

WOW! Mikel, those Bob pieces are killer! Love the Hut, too!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation