FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Jan 30th * Tikiyaki Orchestra @ Trader Vics,Palo Alto - Tix Avail NOW
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Jan 30th * Tikiyaki Orchestra @ Trader Vics,Palo Alto - Tix Avail NOW
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-28 10:20 pm   Permalink

LOL...I always mean to grab a picture of that sign when I am on the road!!!

This is gonna be awesome all around. I haven't been to the TV in Palo Alto, and the hotel looks wonderful. Like previously said...love the CDs, but live is to die for.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-28 10:45 pm   Permalink

Well its been a lot of work this week after all the rain and wind,
but I think that I am going to be able to get all my pools done on fri.
and come up sat morning, with Jason Wickedly, and his fiance.
(Thanks you 2)
Bummed I will be missing any festivities on fri. and sun.
but seeing Tikiyaki and the PA vics will have to be good enough for this trip.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-29 6:29 pm   Permalink

Got em all done,
Nor. Cal. here we come.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-30 03:53 am   Permalink

TV PA happy hour is 4-6pm...get there early!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-30 09:04 am   Permalink

Tell Jim I'm bringing 2 things for the raffle. If anybody has a Lono statuette they wanna sell,.....6 inches tall perhaps.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-30 11:55 am   Permalink

I'm bringing 3 new Fugu mugs to trade for some tiki swag. See ya all at the show tonight.

Personal Goal:
I'm working toards the need for a liver transplant.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-30 12:20 pm   Permalink

Pics...Pics...We want to see lots of Pics. We hope Everyone has a Tiki-rrific Time Tonight

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-30 3:07 pm   Permalink

Even though I somewhat overdid it last night at Forbidden Island I am super excited about this show!

WoooooHoooo! (that was in honor of you WooHoo!)

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 03:20 am   Permalink

What a blast! The set up was perfect. Just the right amount of people for the size of the room and the band was a hell of a lot of fun and really good. Trader Vic's Palo Alto did an outstanding job by having two bars going the whole time just outside of the conference room and the staff seemed really helpful and glad to have us.

Each of the vendors had some really great stuff. I got a pretty good size Moai from Vic at Jungle Trader. What a nice guy. He even let me use his dolly. I also picked up a Mondo Shag mug at the Tiki Farm booth. I hope all the vendors made some money and felt the event was worthwhile.

It seemed like a really good turnout of the Tiki Central regulars. Nice to see Mai Tai and Coco who were helping out by working the door.

Thanks to all who made the event happen. And thanks to Tikiyaki for making the trek up here. Please come back again. Let's do this again sometime.

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-31 09:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-30 15:07, leleliz wrote:
Even though I somewhat overdid it last night at Forbidden Island I am super excited about this show!

WoooooHoooo! (that was in honor of you WooHoo!)

Mahalo Leleliz!! Did you have a Blast??

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 12:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-31 09:21, WooHooWahine wrote:
Mahalo Leleliz!! Did you have a Blast??

Why yes, yes I did WooHoo

I think the only downfall was the overindulgence of mai tais on my end...helluva hangover today but it was worth it!

I really hope everyone involved thought it was worth it too. The band was fabulous, the TV staff was super nice and helpful, the venue made it intimate without being super crowded, all of the vendors seemed to be enjoying themselves so I hope they made some moola. Really happy to meet and see so many of the SoCal Ohana who made the trek up to our neck of the woods too.

Here's a few shots (please forgive my drunken pic taking skills!)
CoCo Loco checking everyone in :

The nicest couple in NorCal - CoCo Loco and Mai Tai:

The band:

The drum:

The Jim:

The crowd (things started to get kind of fuzzy right about here!):

The future Mr & Mrs Wickedly (so great to meet ya both!)

Joe Banks and I :

MP's set up -- his Square Bob velvet was already sold when I got there (no surprise-it was awesome!) but he was nice enough to hold onto one of his Square Bob mugs for me so I snapped that up. Thanks MP!

Tobunga/Eric October's set up. I got a few sets of his adorable Valentines and they are even better in person!(You all need to buy them...seriously!) One of my favorite things was this killer painting he did of the Islander. Really awesome in person and the frame is made out of the bamboo from there. He is so talented AND it is always great to see him and Manuel up here:

Pretty much the highlight of my night was when Vampiress and Marty met for the first time. Lets just say Vamp has dubbed him her future ex-husband

Some of Vic's (Jungle Trader) tikis making off with my mai tai :

Brenda's Tiki Hut and I ....please note that we are a little gone at this point!

Y'all come back now ya here!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 1:58 pm   Permalink

Looks like it was a blast!
Wish we could have made it up
there to party with the NorCal TC
folks. Next time for sure.
nice snaps Liz!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 2:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-31 13:58, Iokona Ki'i wrote:
Looks like it was a blast!
Wish we could have made it up
there to party with the NorCal TC
folks. Next time for sure.
nice snaps Liz!

Thanks. Would of loved to have you both up here. Were your ears ringing? I had a few discussions about your velvets Jason with people last night and about Claudette's sculptures.

Ya better come next time for sure!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-31 4:03 pm   Permalink

Dayum...that was toooooooo much fun. I hardly have a voice left today. Tikiyaki rocked rocked rocked. Kudos to MaiTai & CoCo, as usual the dynamic duo!!! The hotel was great...and TV was awesome. Thanks to Brad & Melanie for dragging me back to my room after way too many drinks. Love the blow gun Vic...it will look great when I get it up on the wall.

Hoping this happens again real soon...it was a blast.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 7:40 pm   Permalink

lookin good all around - get some more of them pics!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation