FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The Jungle-style Thread - Pop Culture Iconography of the Dark Continent
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 )
The Jungle-style Thread - Pop Culture Iconography of the Dark Continent
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-11 09:59 am   Permalink

On 2014-05-10 15:54, PabTiki wrote:
Ah, now this a thread I can get into.

An "adventure bar"!! That's a great idea. I have to persuade my gf to take drive out there one of these weekends.

I know it's off-tiki, but I also have a penchant for Indiana Jones movies, and bossa nova music.

In other words, if it's tropical and adventurous, I'm in!!

(I've also spent some time volunteering in Kenya; a different kind of adventure. Though I did go on safari, too.)

Scallywag Ceramics makes a kifwebe tiki mug you might like.
www.etsy.com/listing/182747654/kifwebe-tiki-mug-4-pack

[/quote]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PabTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-11 10:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

Scallywag Ceramics makes a kifwebe tiki mug you might like. www.etsy.com/listing/182747654/kifwebe-tiki-mug-4-pack

Hi Lori: Haha, yes I've seen that mug. I wish it appealed to me a bit better, because it's definitely my "dream mug," haha!

Thank you for thinking of me!

My collection of bifwebe | My cruddy music

View Profile of PabTiki Send a personal message to PabTiki  Goto the website of PabTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-29 11:03 pm   Permalink

No doubt this Torrance dive bar has undergone significant Jungle devolution since its heyday but what better way to encounter the type of wildlife that starts drinking before noon.

Their signature drink, the "Vulcan Mind Probe", contains both 151 and pineapple juice to satisfy undiscerning Tiki palates.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-29 11:12 pm   Permalink

god, I love this thread!!!!

my jungle cruise inspired space, eventually it will take over the whole area!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Pele Paul 2014-06-29 23:21 ]

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-30 3:37 pm   Permalink

I know this is not Tiki, so please don't burn me at the stake...but I love this thread. I am very drawn to your decor Paul...such a good mix and feel. The one thing that seems to represent "exotic" on so may levels is leopard print. It crosses over into many genres. Is that wrong...like fezes on monkeys (I love that too). There it's all over now I "get" Tiki but I am also passionate about leopard prints and monkeys in fezes.

Fabulous pictures in this thread...keep them coming. Those jungle comic book covers are fun!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-30 8:39 pm   Permalink

thanks so so much Vampiress !!! your my number #1 FAN and my FAV member!!!! Im with you! there will never be another Queen Betty Page, African tribal art and leopard print go hand and hand with Tikis!!!! cant have one without the other!!!! Thanks again for the kind words, I know I can always count on you to get me motivated to take more pix and re-arrange my space!!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-30 9:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-30 15:37, VampiressRN wrote:
I know this is not Tiki, so please don't burn me at the stake...

On the Jungle-thread you don't get burned at the stake but you do get boiled alive in a pot.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-30 10:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-30 21:28, JOHN-O wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-06-30 15:37, VampiressRN wrote:
I know this is not Tiki, so please don't burn me at the stake...

On the Jungle-thread you don't get burned at the stake but you do get boiled alive in a pot.

hahahaha unless your a missionary then your burned and then boiled!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation