FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Exotica 2003 in Chicago: Who's coming?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Exotica 2003 in Chicago: Who's coming?
kongtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-02 09:24 am   Permalink

Well hey there Dawn! Check out the newly launched http://www.konakai.com/exotica site for all of the information on events, vendors, artists and more that will be a part of Exotica 2003. And then look for big updates comingin early June and July as well....

View Profile of kongtiki Send a personal message to kongtiki  Goto the website of kongtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-02 09:37 am   Permalink

Thanks for the link! I would like to maybe host something at my place before the Hala Kahiki event since I'm right in melrose Park (10 minutes away) and I've got a decent deck and nice size place. That way I can get some advise on my place too! let me know what you guys think.

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jtmpls

Posted: 2003-05-02 09:55 am   Permalink

I'll be there!! Possibly 2 of us if Mr. Grad student can go the weekend before school starts up.

View Profile of jtmpls Send a personal message to jtmpls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-05-02 12:21 pm   Permalink

Just checked out the updated web site and I'm real excited now! Getting to visit the Kona Kai is going to be a real treat. And I like the variety of events that are planned. Robin and I already booked our flight. We are going into Midway via Southwest on the 15th. and returning on the 25th. So we'll have plenty of time to check out all the museums and architecture before the events.

Lisa, that road trip from here sounds like fun but I can't take off much more than a week and that wouldn't leave much time to spend in Chicago.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AmazonAnne

Posted: 2003-05-02 1:15 pm   Permalink

Well we'll sure be at the events,Me & my husband Stefan, we live right by Chef Shangrila!!

View Profile of AmazonAnne Send a personal message to AmazonAnne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-03 12:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-02 02:24, tikivixen wrote:
Anyway, I was born in Illinois. I owe the darned state a visit at least once in my life. And although budgetary restrictions may result in my sleeping in a cardboard box under someone's hedge, still...

Wonder if anyone's planning on driving from California? Hmmm? Do I hear a road trip, I'm hoping???

I have an extra cardboard box you can rent.

Don't worry about sleeping in it; half the population of this city calls the ol' fridge-box their home. That, or sleeping on the 'L'.

As for the road trip - well, you know I'm gonna advocate that!

Having just made the drive from Vallejo to Chicago this week... I recommend wearing your seatbelt in Iowa (I wasn't speeding, but the no-seatbelt ticket cost me $50!), and thrifting in Nebraska.

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-04 9:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-02 02:24, tikivixen wrote:
Wonder if anyone's planning on driving from California? Hmmm? Do I hear a road trip, I'm hoping???

Ever since James showed us the pictures from his book tour, I've decided that the Grinning Miata, a co-driver and I need to travel Route 66 together....

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-05 11:09 am   Permalink

Matt from Detroit/www.planetrockabilly.com checking in here. I will be bringing my wife and myself. I know that quite a few other people from Detroit plan on going as well.

Aloha!!!

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-05 7:29 pm   Permalink

tikibars wrote
Quote:
I have an extra cardboard box you can rent.

Really? That would be divine. Are your rates reasonable?

Quote:
Don't worry about sleeping in it; half the population of this city calls
the ol' fridge-box their home. That, or sleeping on the 'L'.

I take it there's a homeless population in Chicago. I thought they'd all moved
out here!

Quote:
As for the road trip - well, you know I'm gonna advocate that!

Having just made the drive from Vallejo to Chicago this week... I
recommend wearing your seatbelt in Iowa (I wasn't speeding, but the
no-seatbelt ticket cost me $50!), and thrifting in Nebraska.

You weren't wearing your seatbelt?! Tsk Tsk. We all know how villainous
trees love to leap out in front of unwary drivers.

It does sound like some of us will indeed be road-tripping, time/money issues permitting. YES--I cannot resist the siren song of Omaha thrift. Not to mention, all those decaying roadside attractions and wistful old motels...

--tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 12:02 am   Permalink

count me in...
finally a tiki event that i don't have to buy a plane ticket for. all my money right now is getting me down to the huki in june. can't wait for that one but the exotica 2003 looks like its going to be a hoot!

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-13 1:59 pm   Permalink

It looks like Tikivixen, and I will be road trippin' it from San Francisco to Exotica. Does anybody want to caravan with us?

(mmmmm.....Carhenge)

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-05-13 2:23 pm   Permalink

Robin and I will be flying to Chicago for the event and driving back on a 2 week road trip! That way we can carry all our thrift store loot home with us. Yeehaw!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 05:49 am   Permalink

I'm not new at collecting tiki and other barware stuff but will be new to attending Exotica. Please be nice and say 'hi' if you see a female by herself at these events. My friends don't have the same interest in this stuff as I do, so it looks like I'll be going solo.

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 08:25 am   Permalink

I was wondering if there is gonna be someway of knowing when new information is posted about Exotica 2003 without just going to the site all the time. Will there be an email sent out to those who said they are going?

Parrothead Mike

Posted: 2003-05-22 5:22 pm   Permalink

I'll be in Chi-Town from Thursday thru Saturday of that week anyway, so I'll definitely be there.

View Profile of Parrothead Mike Send a personal message to Parrothead Mike  Email Parrothead Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation