FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Exotica 2003 in Chicago: Who's coming?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Exotica 2003 in Chicago: Who's coming?
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 11:24 pm   Permalink

The wahine and I will be making the drive down the coast for at least one of the events, and I'm looking forward to placing faces with names...

Interested in the sale/swap meet ideas... I have a lot of my tikis available for sale as well as tiki lamps I could bring down...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklydevil

Posted: 2003-06-02 6:13 pm   Permalink

my boyfriend and i will be coming from detroit. can't wait to see the kona kai!

>sarah<
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." --Tom Waits

View Profile of sparklydevil Send a personal message to sparklydevil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kitschywoman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-05 2:49 pm   Permalink

I've never been to a tiki event before, but I'm gonna try my best to get there! Gotta check with some local friends first, so count me as a "maybe."

View Profile of kitschywoman Send a personal message to kitschywoman  Goto the website of kitschywoman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kongtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-06 11:51 am   Permalink

We just updated the Exotica 2003 site! Check it out at http://www.konakai.com/exotica and plan to join us in Chicago in August!

View Profile of kongtiki Send a personal message to kongtiki  Goto the website of kongtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kongtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-14 08:01 am   Permalink

Hey gang! How are we all doing? Is this the extent of the mighty tiki crew visiting Exoitca 2003 in Chicago in August? Give us a shout and let us know...

View Profile of kongtiki Send a personal message to kongtiki  Goto the website of kongtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-14 08:34 am   Permalink

I am in. Sent the $$ for the Kona Kai Friday. See you all there.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-14 08:48 am   Permalink

My wife and I are going.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-14 08:52 am   Permalink

I'm in.

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
voodootiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-14 12:58 pm   Permalink

You can plan on me at Exotica! Looking forward to the Kona Kai.....should be awesome! It's great to see a Tiki event here in Chicago! Chalk this up as Tiki event #2 for me! Huki Lau and now Exotica. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys again from the Huki Lau.

View Profile of voodootiki Send a personal message to voodootiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 2:04 pm   Permalink

Okay, I'm starting to make my plans for this (finally). My Year of Tiki simply will not be complete without meeting the darling Tikifish! I've gotta try to do this on the cheap, though. Anyone looking for a roommate? Is the O'Hare Marriott going to be the hoppin' TC joint?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 2:16 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu,
If you do stay at the O'Hare Marriott, you can get a slightly better rate if you reserve thru Marriott's website and pay using an AMEX card. Better than the Exotica special rate, that is. I don't have all of the info at my fingertips, but I got $84/night vs. $90ish.

Happy Bargain Hunting,
JTD

[ This Message was edited by: JTD on 2003-07-16 14:17 ]

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 2:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-16 14:04, Humuhumu wrote:
...Is the O'Hare Marriott going to be the hoppin' TC joint?

How can it not? Quite a few of the MD/VA/DC tikiphiles are going to be staying there for sure! I am also looking forward to placing people to the TC screen names. It's got to be better then when I went to a MD AOL get together in the early 90's. Wheeeew! Now there was a gooood time

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2003-07-16 14:17 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-07-16 3:56 pm   Permalink

Me and Robin are staying near the loop in the Swissotel. We got a huge room with a view for $119/night on the Swissotel website. There are plenty of good rates still on Expedia and other websites for around $100 in and near the loop. I found the room rates were much higher on Thursday and Sunday at some hotels - I presume because of the business clientele.

Since we're flying into Midway there is really no advantage in staying at the Marriot for us, except for the Friday Kona Kai event, and after that we are heading over to the Rock-a-tiki anyway. Also, I like to be in the heart of town close to all the museums, bars, and restaurants. And most of the "L" lines start at the loop so it's easy to get to most neighborhoods from there.

I guess if one is driving while there it might be a real advantage staying near O'Hare as most of those hotels offer free parking while downtown hotels charge a fee ($20-30/day).

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 4:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-16 14:16, JTD wrote:
Humuhumu,
If you do stay at the O'Hare Marriott, you can get a slightly better rate if you reserve thru Marriott's website and pay using an AMEX card. Better than the Exotica special rate, that is. I don't have all of the info at my fingertips, but I got $84/night vs. $90ish.

Happy Bargain Hunting,
JTD

[ This Message was edited by: JTD on 2003-07-16 14:17 ]

That's good to know. The Marriott gave us a block of rooms at the $94 rate (which I was told is lower than their regular rate) since we are having the event there at the Kona Kai. But if you can get a better rate at the Marriott (or elsewhere for that matter) please do! If you find any great deals on rooms around town please let us know so we can share that information with others as well.
Also, just a gentle reminder, there are still many who have requested tickets for the Kona Kai event but have yet to pay for them. We will have to give the Kona Kai a final count on the guests (and pay for those guests) well in advance, and we need time to mail you your tickets, so we are asking for folks to pay for their tickets by August 15. Again, there will not be tickets available at the door.
Looking forward to Exotica!
-Duke and Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-17 10:54 am   Permalink

Tikivixen and I will be roadtripping from California and she has found a place for us to stay in Chicago. However, there's a chance that one or both of us might have to stay in hotels at some point, so I'm looking for potential roommates. E-mail me privately (cynner@atdial.net) if you're interested.

thanks!

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation