FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Exotica 2003 in Chicago: Who's coming?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
Exotica 2003 in Chicago: Who's coming?
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 08:57 am   Permalink

That place always skeeved me out. I think I'll take a pass. I definitely will be doing the flea market.
BTW, nice username, you sound like you come from my neck of the woods.

Quote:

On 2003-08-07 16:21, La Tiki Nostra wrote:
Dawn,here is a little more info on Club Paradise... unfortunately it is a dump...it has some bamboo and thatch but there ain't any tikis... and the drinks are not all that good... but it is right in your neighborhood, so by all means feel free to check it out for yourself.
In regards to more cool Exotica 2003 happenings...Be sure to stop by Trader Daves at The DuPage County Annual All-Nite Flea Market where they will be offering a bevy of Tiki, 50's Modern furnishings,loads of Aloha Shirts and lots of other groovy stuff.

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-09 12:29 am   Permalink

Guess who just found a roundtrip ticket for NOT the $571 that was being being asked before, but rather a VERY affordable $168! So I'm coming too!! YAAAY!! And school will have started that Monday...and I'll need a sub for Friday afternoon. bad bad bad.

Any couples that wanna elope to Chicago Exoticafest like at Oasis, so I can say I'm going to a wedding in Chicago??

I'm such a dedicated teacher...
My revenge for not getting to go to Hukilau because of my 25 bratty students in Spain!!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Dan

Posted: 2003-08-13 2:23 pm   Permalink

Aloha Exotica peeps!

Captain Dan here with an urgent dispatch from the balmy, palm-lined middle coast, where your stewardesses and bus crew are working feverishly to prepare your bus for your Exotica weekend voyage! Avast ye, it is nearly T-Minus one week before we cast away the lines and set sail for exotic adventure!

I'm sounding General Quarters, because it is LAST CALL LAST CALL LAST CALL for the FRIDAY BUS!

The good folks who are hosting the Cocktails at the Kona Kai event have extended the deadline to get your tickets for their event (a destination on Friday's route) to this Friday the 15th, so it's not too late to get your Friday bus tix, AND your Kona Kai tix if you haven't already!

Get your bus ticket:
http://ddemichele.home.mindspring.com/Detail%20Fri.htm
Then get the Kona Kai ticket if you haven't already, by sending a paypal payment to:
boutiki@pegboardchicago.com
--- Do it today!

Here's why you should get on the tiki bus:
http://ddemichele.home.mindspring.com/The%20Deal.htm

The Friday night ride is gonna be a great one. We're gonna kick it all off with a private reception for you, and then the fun really begins! Stay tuned for more info on what surprises are in store.

In the mean time, get your tix before Friday. This is not a drill!

Mahalo,
-Cpt. Dan

View Profile of Captain Dan Send a personal message to Captain Dan  Email Captain Dan Goto the website of Captain Dan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 6:08 pm   Permalink

D'oh!

Tikivixen's mom has fallen ill, so it looks like we won't be making it to Exotica.

HOWEVER, I would still like to go if I can find someone to roadtrip with me.....if you can get to San Francisco for departure this Sunday or Monday, send me a private message asap!

--cindy

ps -- if I can't go, can I get a refund on my Kona Kai ticket?

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 7:26 pm   Permalink

I wish we could go, I'll miss you guys and gals but looks like I'll be attending to business concerns, and my father has had two serious health events in two weeks (minor strokes), so I'll be watching that closely for about six weeks.. But we will definitely see you all at Hukilau and sooner at Omnilau!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 7:39 pm   Permalink

Aloha from America's Desert Playground!

For you Exotica 2003 participants, be on the lookout for two Caliente tropics Resort giveaways!

Here's one of the giveaways:
Three Nights in the Tahitian Lanai, plus two, 1-Hour Spa Treatments in the tropics RETREAT, plus one Limited First Edition, gold Caliente tropics Resort Tiki Mug designed and manufactured by Tiki Farm (only 75 gold ones made of the rare Palm Springs, SA mugs). We only have six of these left and the blue ones (75 of those) are long gone.

Wish I could be there!

Don't just THINK out of the box......get OUT of the box!!

Mahalo!

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 10:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Tikivixen's mom has fallen ill, so it looks like we won't be making it to Exotica.

I'm SO bummed, both that Tikivixen's mom's not well and that you two great gals can't both be in Chicago! Crossing my fingers, Cindy, that you can find a buddy for the road!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 11:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-14 22:34, Formikahini wrote:
Crossing my fingers, Cindy, that you can find a buddy for the road!

Thanks, but it's looking like I'll have to do the Calistoga mud bath thing next week instead. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-15 08:08 am   Permalink

I am now unable to go to Exotica due to scheduling problems. Could someone please pick me up one Exotica 2003 Muntiki glass from the Kona Kai. E-mail me at josephscotthall@yahoo.com and I can send you money before you leave or pay you when you get back.

Thanks!

Scotty

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-18 10:37 am   Permalink

...I KNEW I shoulda' got tickets.

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-08-18 11:00 am   Permalink

Mr Smiley is there!

Anyone want a roommate for Friday/Saturday night? I can stay in your hotel room/or crash at your pad---or you can stay in my hotel room---

remember, I am FAMOUS!!

Email me at <www.tradersmiley@yahoo.com>

---bruce
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-18 11:51 am   Permalink

I have seen you on TV, so you must be famous. Looking forward to meeting you in person, the Famous Mr. Smiley.

-"the virtually unknown cipher in the snow that is" TURBOgod!

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-20 10:02 am   Permalink

Hi there,

I just introduced myself in the new members thread.

My husband and I are so excited for Friday night. Urban exploration is so much fun to begin with, tiki makes it so much more.
I will be there with our camera in tow. Please smile and wave, I will post the pictures up in the forum for all to enjoy.

Sally

[ This Message was edited by: SallyandJay on 2003-08-20 10:03 ]

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-21 1:18 pm   Permalink

good lord it all starts tonight!!!.....unfortunately i wont be there til tomarrow, but hope to meet some of you....i can hardly wait!!!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation