FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate
goddess-sunb
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-22 3:51 pm   Permalink

My condolences and prayers to her family.

Bye Kate

Roxanne

View Profile of goddess-sunb Send a personal message to goddess-sunb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 3:54 pm   Permalink

Goodbye Kate.
Wishing you a wonderful new journey.
You have touched so many of us
Some in Big ways
Others in little ways.
Your perseverance ,bravery,wit,and tenderness will be missed
and will stay with all of us forever.
You will be missed...sorely.
We love you and will always remember to raise a mug
in your memory
knowing that you are near
and smiling down on us.

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 3:57 pm   Permalink

What sorrowful news. Condolences and sympathies seem not enough. Read this thread daily and hopes were raised several times. Vaya con dios!

D

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-22 4:11 pm   Permalink

Gosh, I'm speechless. Hard to find a silver lining in that cloud. I guess it's comforting to see the warmth that Kate felt from so many TC members, and we all know the blessing of her presence in this community. And we'll miss her.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 4:12 pm   Permalink

Goodbye Kate,
We have lost an amazing member of the Ohana today. We can take comfort in the fact that your suffering has ended.
You will be missed. Rest in Peace.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 4:16 pm   Permalink

So sorry to hear this news. I only spoke with Kate a few times, but what I truly understood about her was how much she loved her friends and TIKI! Rest in peace Kate...

[ This Message was edited by: A frame 2010-09-22 16:16 ]

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 4:20 pm   Permalink

I heard the news today and I am deeply saddened. I've known Kate for many years... she was one of our biggest supporters for so many years. She was such an integral part of so much that has happened in so many of our lives these past years. I can't find many words right now as I'm overwhelmed while thinking about her passing. I refer now and then to the "old guard" and some of us Tiki old-timers talk about the old days of Tiki and Kate was a pivotal and very, very important member of that crowd. We'll miss you dearly Kate.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 4:20 pm   Permalink

My heart dropped the second that I opened up TC today. I knew that Kate's health had taken a turn for the worse, and that she was receiving hospice care, but I still didn't want to believe the inevitable.

On the bright side, I am very happy that Kate had time off and breaks in her chemo treatments, and was able to make it up to a Tiki Crawl or two, Mark Holt's Tiki Party last year (where she promptly gave me shit for not finishing The Quicksand Lounge, or my rain window effect - heh heh!), Humu's wedding, and various other endeavors that she truly enjoyed. I was really looking forward to seeing her at Bongofury's party a few weeks ago, but neither she nor I were able to make it.

Boris, Buzzy, Ookoo, and/or whoever, please forward Coco Loco's and my deepest sympathies to Kate's family.

I don't want to say goodbye, Kate, because you will never be forgotten. I will think of you every time I see the Tiki Babies that you got for me, hanging above my home bar.

Cancer sucks. Fuck cancer.

[ This Message was edited by: Mai Tai 2010-09-22 17:10 ]

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 4:23 pm   Permalink

Thank you for letting us know about this. This is so sad, heartbreaking, and such a reminder. Kate was (that sounds so weird) always so present in life. She was a true friend to those she liked and loved. She followed her passions and lived as she wanted. I can't believe that someone so young and vibrant is gone. She fought the battle bravely and with passion. She is at peace now and finally out of pain.

We'd rather have her here, but may her life serve as an inspiration to live every moment to it's fullest. We never know when the end is, but it will come. Sadly in some cases it is much too soon, as it is here.

We will truly miss Kate and her presence in our lives. May she rest in peace.
To Kate's family: I am so sorry for your loss. May you find strength in her love to heal.
We miss truly you Kate!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 4:32 pm   Permalink

Kate Your friendship will be missed by many. It was a privilege to know such a sweet and sincere person.
Aloha 'oe

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio 2010-09-22 16:34 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-22 4:45 pm   Permalink

Just got to the Rumpus Room, we shall drink to Tiki-Kate all night. My dear friend our dear friend... A huge heart, a good person, a better person,...rest dear Kate in peace under a palm tree with go-go boots babe you look
Smashing in them...

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-22 4:47 pm   Permalink

We never met Kate, our loss. I am so sad. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 4:51 pm   Permalink

KATE, my Tiki textile cohort. Cheers to you. I live my life to honor your life, hon. I can say no more.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Head Shrinker

Posted: 2010-09-22 4:53 pm   Permalink

Dear Kate,

I have had the honor of knowing you and your wit and dry sense of humor. I will never forget you or the love you brought with you everywhere you went.

Rest in peace dear friend and know that we will meet again someday.

View Profile of Head Shrinker Send a personal message to Head Shrinker      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 5:08 pm   Permalink

Kate, you will be dearly missed. Condolences to her family.

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation