FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 10:38 pm   Permalink

e ho omaha me ka maluhia

rest in peace kate!!

[ This Message was edited by: BigToe 2010-09-22 22:40 ]

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Leaky_tiki

Posted: 2010-09-22 10:42 pm   Permalink

Wow! I just saw this thread and am speechless. I've been away from TC for a long time due to work and other obligations and didn't know Kate was sick. While we didn't know Kate well, we did know her and we are deeply saddened to hear of her passing. This is such a sobering reminder of how precious life really is. If you have a special someone in your life, let them know just how much they mean to you while you still can. RIP Kate!

View Profile of Leaky_tiki Send a personal message to Leaky_tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 11:06 pm   Permalink

what a bummer. RIP Kate

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 11:09 pm   Permalink

It's so touching to see how much Kate meant to so many people. I was very lucky and feel very honored that I was able to visit her and help her out and to get to know her so well.

The San Diego tiki chops meant so much to Kate. She was so proud to have been to them all.

Kate used to talk to me about different people from TC, and how she thought that they were just acquaintances. Over the last year, between all the cards, the posts here and the visits, she really realized how much she was loved.

Sorry these are sideways.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chub
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 11:34 pm   Permalink

I didn't ever have a chance to meet you Kate, but you must have been quite a special person, judging from all the love being shown here. My prayers and thoughts go out to Kate's friends and family.
Chub

View Profile of Chub Send a personal message to Chub  Goto the website of Chub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 11:45 pm   Permalink

Kate, You will be remembered, Missed & Celebrated!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 12:02 am   Permalink

Ah Fuck!

Kate!
See you in (if i make it) Heaven.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 12:10 am   Permalink

Our moments were few but fun! Rest in peace, Kate!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-23 12:18 am   Permalink

Here you go Mieko.

Boris and I visited with her on Tuesday and had the pleasure of meeting her Dad, brother, and her sister Susan. Kate was pretty weak, and because of the drugs couldn't really speak or keep her eyes open for long. She said something, but it was too hard to hear her well, and it sounded like she said "Not sure", and tried to repeat it a couple of times. We couldn't figure out which question or statement she was responding to. It wasn't until later that night when I was home I realized she was saying "Nice shirt" because she recognized I was wearing the Hawaiian shirt she gave to me at the shirt swap at Tiki Oasis a couple of years ago. She had picked it out for me at Oasis from those she had brought with her, she held it up and said "This will look good on you", and shoved it into my hands. It's always been my favorite Hawaiian shirt.

What a great and kind spirited lady. I'll miss her very much.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 12:44 am   Permalink

I was at Kirby's when I got the news, and he said "This is probably the first loss of an active TC member"....
Looking at all the pictures now, it really hits home...
Kate, thanx for the passion and contributions you brought to this community.
The mark you left here is indelible, and I'm glad to have had the pleasure of knowing you.
Aloha Oe' Tiki Kate.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 04:00 am   Permalink

I just heard this news. My condolences to her family and everyone that had the pleasure to know her. She was a great person and tikiphile!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 05:04 am   Permalink

That's very sad. I feel bad, even if I have never met you, but heard a lot of good things about you.
you'll be missed a lot.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 06:07 am   Permalink

R.I.P.

j$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 06:09 am   Permalink

My sincerest condolences to Kate's family and friends here. You're in my thoughts.

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 06:51 am   Permalink

I wish I'd gotten to meet you, Kate. My condolences to all who did.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation