FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 09:44 am   Permalink

Having fun working hard.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 10:55 am   Permalink

Farewell Tiki Kate,

You will remain in our hearts forever.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 10:58 am   Permalink

This is such a Sad terrible Loss.
I can't believe how young she was.
I am very sorry to hear this,
and Deepest condolences go out to her Family and Friends.

I didn't get to spend as much time with Kate at some did.
but the time that I did was always very fun.
One day Her and Al-ii and I went to Disney's California Adventure.

and I will never forget the first time meeting her at Ona Tiki's house party.
she was coming out of the Restroom(after relieving herself of too much booze)
I said to myself this is a cool chick.
not afraid to barf, and joke about it.

Kate,
hope you find many more tiki treasures in Paradise.

Rest in Peace.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 11:22 am   Permalink

Sleep well Kate.

Scott & Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-23 11:30 am   Permalink

Aloha'oe, Kate.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 11:51 am   Permalink

Just a reminder of some of the Tiki-Kates contribution to the content of Tiki-Central:

A Collection of Cannibals

Tiki-Kates great big collection of tiki wear

Topic: 1963 Hawaiian Vacation

Tiki-Kates Strange Little Beach Towel Collection

Thank you for posting pictures. Each one makes me smile.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 12:20 pm   Permalink

Message to Tiki Kate.

I was shocked and saddened when I heard the news of your passing.
You were one of the people that got me into Tiki and carving.
Even though we only spoke a few times, I can remember seeing you at every event I went to.
You will be missed.

P.S. Say hi to Yma, Martin, Arthur, Les, and Esquivel.
It should be a helluva concert.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 12:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha 'oe, aloha 'oe

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-23 12:42 pm   Permalink

Dear Kate.....your soul & memories will be with us always.....

With Love & Alohas, Ron & Mickee

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 12:50 pm   Permalink

This is just so sad Kate was such a wonderful person and amazing when it came to understanding Tiki subjects I personally enjoyed, she came to all of my lectures something I never forgot and always deeply appreciated,

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 12:57 pm   Permalink

Kate at the Mai Kai

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 1:18 pm   Permalink

God Bless You Kate....R.I.P.....you are now pain-free, many will miss you and keep your spirit alive.

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 1:27 pm   Permalink

I never met Kate but for me she was one of those few faces that I would recognize when on TC from all those years back till now so she was the familar face to this site and the way to connect to what was going on a world away. I feel very sad. ~teaKEY

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 1:28 pm   Permalink

(Please copy mine and add/change anything you'd like to this)

Kate was a Girl Scout leader.

Kate majored in Victorian-Era English Literature in college.

Kate hated reading all those novels in school, so she read Nancy Drew to clear her head. She collected a complete set of 1950s edition Nancy Drews.

Kate had a job as an order fulfillment manager at a surgical supply warehouse. (Correct me if Im wrong, please!) This always struck me as a classic 1950s job, working in a bare-bones building under fluorescent lights, typing all day. Youd expect Rock Hudson to walk in and start complaining about year end quotas, with big zig-zag charts.

She was one of the very first members of Tiki Central, going back to when it was a Yahoo Users group. She remembers all the details of Bong getting kicked out, the birth of International Tiki Day, etc.

She has a complete or almost complete collection of Tiki Farm mugs. She was Holdens biggest fan, and would always pump him for info about edition sizes and release dates. It was quite an education, simply following Kate around when shed be hunting and questioning Holden.

Her entire mug collection was destroyed in a famous incident when a stolen car ended a high speed chase with the police by driving directly into her home, hitting the wall holding the mugs first. Id still like to see pictures of this, Kate must have taken pictures. The whole collection was replaced piece by piece with insurance money.

She has a bumper sticker - "I Brake for Tiki-Kate's House".

Kate was either the outright inventor or head technical consultant for Ooga-Mooga, the ultimate tiki mug online database. Its probably the coolest website on Earth, thats all.

Kate loved to hang out at Oceanic Arts, when she was depressed about anything shed just go buy a mask there. It worked every time.

Kate attended every chop, right from the start. She got to love carving so much, using it as an exercise/relaxation technique, that she carved in her kitchen in the morning! Just like Buzzy!

She had a huge collection of Hawaiian XL shirts and beach towels.

Kate drank Rum and Kava, and hated coffee.

Kate went to EVERY Tiki event. At one point you could tell if it was a good event simply because Kate went to it. She was legendary for driving for hours all across California, Hawaii, Nevada, the Blue Ridge Mountains, just to swill a drink and discuss matchbooks. This is all the more amazing, because she was a very shy person at heart.

Kate visited the original sources for the whole Tiki Culture, she actually went to New Zealand and Hawaii. Her tracking down the Legendary Lost Bamboo Grove at the end of a Hawaiian trail was an incredible feat of detective work, worthy of Nancy Drew herself.

Kate had the sweetest smile Ive ever seen. Her smile grew in direct proportion to the amount of Tiki Folk around her.

Long live Kate, in all our hearts and minds.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hulahoney
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-23 2:08 pm   Permalink

What terribly sad news.

My thoughts go out to Tiki Kate's family and to all her friends here on TC. It seems like she was an amazing woman and I'm sad I did not get the chance to get to know her.

View Profile of hulahoney Send a personal message to hulahoney      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation