FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Central Ohana » » Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Rest In Peace,Tiki-Kate
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-22 3:09 pm   Permalink

Humu, I love it. It's such a beautiful tribute, Thank you.

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-23 1:57 pm   Permalink

NICE
Thank you Humu!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jcruzr7

Posted: 2010-10-24 2:48 pm   Permalink

For those of you who knew Tiki Kate. I've dedicated a paddle event to her...please check it out!

http://www.teamduke.org/site/TR/Events/General?pxfid=12500&fr_id=1040&pg=fund

-jeff cruz

View Profile of jcruzr7 Send a personal message to jcruzr7  Email jcruzr7     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-24 7:54 pm   Permalink

Aloha Jeff, welcome to Tiki Central! It's nice to know that Kate's spirit and memory live on, even outside the tiki community. Congratulations on your recovery, and good luck with your event!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-01 1:53 pm   Permalink

I did not know Tiki Kate well, however the few times I had the pleasure to talk to her , she was always pleasant and eager to talk about all things tiki with me.I found some pics the other day of Sabu,Formica , Tiki Kate and myself in one of the room parties at Tiki Oasis 2008 .Rest in Peace Tiki Kate you will be missed by many here on TC .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kikkietiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-06 01:35 am   Permalink

I'm stunned. I've been away a while. Tiki-Kate was whose name I drew in the one and only mug swap I participated in so far. I spent some time looking at her posts to get a feel for who she was to help me pick a mug, and when I looked at her collection at Ooga-Mooga I told my husband "chances are anything I send her she already has!" I then became determined to send her something unique if at all possible. I decided to include a shirt in my package to surprise her, and I hunted for a while and even got a parking ticket on the day I found the perfect shirt! I felt kind of crushed, I was spending more money than I could comfortably afford already without the bonus of a pricey parking ticket. I inwardly questioned why I was doing this. My husband got in the spirit of things and carved a tiki Bob candle to include in the package. We sent it off and my answer to "why am I doing this?" came in the form of Tiki Kate's response:

"Your package arrived today, and I was completely floored. The whole thing was incredibly thoughtful. I did not have the volcano mug, and the shirt and bracelet are fabulous. I love the Tiki Bob candle too. I'm a huge Bob fan. He always makes me smile.

I'm having one of the worst weeks of my life, and you have cheered me up immensely.

Thank you so much. (I can't wait to post everything next week.)

Kate"

I never got to meet Kate.

View Profile of Kikkietiki Send a personal message to Kikkietiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-06 6:26 pm   Permalink

I never got to meet Kate but I did get to deal with her a few times on here. She was really knowledgeable and if she didn't know she passed me onto to others who might. Kate was always very nice and pleasant eventhough she was dealing with alot more than she let out there.

She was a big part of TC and her collection is great! She touched alot of people here and elsewhere in her life and we all a bit better off for knowing her.
I am glad her memory will live on and she will always be remembered as Tiki-Kate.

Big Mahalo.
TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-07 1:15 pm   Permalink

We met kate briefly whilst out on vacation a couple of years ago and she was lovely,Such as shame that she is not with us anymore but she will live on at TC!

[ This Message was edited by: TIKIWAGON 2010-11-07 13:18 ]

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-17 6:37 pm   Permalink

I know this is a late posting....I've just been so saddened about Kate's passing.

Tomorrow is her date of birth 11/18...I'd like to think of it as a celebration of her life. I'll think of the good times I had the honor of sharing with her...from tiki chops, to the Hukilua, to just plain old girl talk.

You are missed Kate....

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl 2010-11-17 18:45 ]

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-12 12:26 pm   Permalink

Kate could do a nice impression of Charles Phoenix’s “I know!”

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-12 12:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-12 12:26, Bora Boris wrote:
Kate could do a nice impression of Charles Phoenix’s “I know!”

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-04 7:18 pm   Permalink

Trader Tom Bartending at Damon's. That was a fun night.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-12 08:56 am   Permalink

Thinking of you take and missing your presence on TC.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 8:51 pm   Permalink

I only met Kate once. It was at the Kon Tiki re-dedication in Tuscon in 2006. I had the pleasure of hanging out with her & Al-ii & talking tiki with her. She was a very nice woman & I always figured our paths would cross again. I never posted on this thread because I didn't think I knew her well enough to pay any kind of proper or appropriate tribute. I do miss her presence here & all the interesting posts she used to make.
I would've liked to know her better.

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iscah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-26 1:35 pm   Permalink

So sad-- Kate passed while I was absent from TC for the last few years...

I met her (very briefly) at one of the chops down in San Diego, god, ages ago that seems like. I didn't get to talk to her much-- everyone was too busy making a huge mess... and well... well, it sucks that you lose such great people for such lousy reasons.

View Profile of Iscah Send a personal message to Iscah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation