FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disneyland Stackable Totem Mugs 2009
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Disneyland Stackable Totem Mugs 2009
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-22 4:30 pm   Permalink

ATP,

The place is looking great, the mugs, the art, and that awesome geen wall color.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-22 4:35 pm   Permalink

ATP, that is such an awesome way to display those mugs! Love it! I'll be going to DLR this sunday, so I'll report on what they have tiki room wise! I do the same on Doombuggies.com for Haunted Mansion merchandise. When I was there last sunday, they still had most tiki items, including the mugs.

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 10:16 am   Permalink

At DLR yesterday, I noticed tiki babies, tiki figs from June 22, 2008 event, shirts, and large tiki fig. from Oct. 09' event, and new big ring tiki bowl were still at the Disney Gallery. Didn't see any stackable mugs left, but I forgot to check Adventureland shop, sorry. I'll be going back within 2 wks and will post what I see then for you.

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 11:52 am   Permalink

Thanks you guys, good hunting.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichaz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-25 2:41 pm   Permalink

Tiki Figures? 2008

What kind of figures are these? Is it like a box set or something? Who's in that?

View Profile of tikichaz Send a personal message to tikichaz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 5:09 pm   Permalink

These are the 2nd set of garden statues that consist of Maui, Pele, Koro, Hina Kuluua and a sheild. They were released at the June 22, 2008 event. They can be found right now on Ebay if you want to see a photo. I'm amazed DLR still has these sets as they are a limited edition! They come in a nice box.

[ This Message was edited by: Enchanted Tiki Guy 2010-01-25 17:10 ]

catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-26 10:06 am   Permalink

I was at Disneyland on Sunday and they still have the mugs at the Adventureland shop. You have to ask at the cash register and they bring them out from a back room.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 9:51 pm   Permalink

I went to DLR today and no mugs left at Adventureland Bazaar or anywhere in the park. A cast member even called the stockroom and no mugs. There was even an empty space in their display case where he said the last one had sold.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 10:33 pm   Permalink

here is a set on fleeBay for anyone still looking....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Enchanted-Tiki-Room-Tiki-Totem-Stack-Mug-Farm_W0QQitemZ320482372498QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9e3ceb92

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-01-31 22:33 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 12:11 am   Permalink

Because people like the person that has it listed on ebay buy them all up and then
re-sell them on evil bay , so when other local TC people go to Adventure land to
go buy them ....they are gone !!

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 09:41 am   Permalink

I can call a few people out on that shit, making a living off of reselling LE resort merch at an artificially inflated price. I despise scalpers, since they don't do ME any favor by reselling a ticket to me with a substantial markup...
I don't mind vintage stuff sold on ebay though, because for the simple fact it isn't made anymore, nor is it current, so where else would you find it? It's not like every Salvation Army location will carry the same identical item(s) you seek. Looking at ebay in that respect, helps. Buying as much current limited stock and hoarding it to resell is not a job, nor is it "cool", nor does it help.

In all fairness though, the mugs have been available for a few months now, and I'm quite surprised it took this long to move! Most of the items created for the Disney Gallery Grand Opening were awesome...Disney should count their blessings that they have KK&JD to bring the creative elements together that every ThemePark collector seeks in an item.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 10:05 am   Permalink

I agree Tom Slick! I hate scalpers who like to profit off LE items!That happened SO much during the Haunted Mansion 40th event LE items last year! It makes it so much harder to find items without paying an arm & a leg. But I guess at least if someone is really dying to have a certain item, they can obtain it at a price. Whatever makes them happy. I too was surprised these cool stackable mugs didn't seel out by end of Oct. Yesterday I saw they still have the cool LE1000 print of Mickey & Minnie in front of the Tiki room for $195.00 and $225.00 with a pin.

aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 11:22 am   Permalink

I did pick up an extra set or two at the opening, but made sure to pass them both along to TCers at the same price I paid at Disneyland.

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 11:51 pm   Permalink

Now thats the spirit aquarama ....that was very considerate .
Maybe I will come across a set down the road.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichaz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-02 08:27 am   Permalink

Another ****THANK YOU**** to Aquaorama for making it possible to own this great set

View Profile of tikichaz Send a personal message to tikichaz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation