FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CheekyGirl's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - 3/19/10 aka "The Great Brownie Massacre of 2010"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
CheekyGirl's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - 3/19/10 aka "The Great Brownie Massacre of 2010"
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-12 6:59 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to it! I may have some new chisels to try out by then, too!
Billy, I've got a low-carb monster with your name on it if you've got a log with mine!

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 12:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-12 18:59, Krisdrama wrote:
Looking forward to it! I may have some new chisels to try out by then, too!
Billy, I've got a low-carb monster with your name on it if you've got a log with mine!

How big ya need it? Cant deliver, but Im always here. You can pretty much take yer pick of the pile......and the pile is HUGE. Well.....until Wheeler comes by this weekend.Then it will just be semi-huge.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 07:42 am   Permalink

Well, San Diego is a little far to drive for a log.

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 09:26 am   Permalink

The 20th works for me as well. I should have some new chisels by then.

I still have a few extra small logs that I would be willing to bring or trade for a bigger log.

Hey Krisdrama, any pix of the Tiki Bob you were carving on at the last chop?

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 1:27 pm   Permalink

They are very good logs. Here's about half of them.....

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 7:51 pm   Permalink

WOW BILLY!!!

Wish I carved man I'd grab one of those giants in a heartbeat. That's so cool.

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-14 10:55 pm   Permalink

Hey Nel, looks like Thomas and I will load up his econo-box and head up with as many logs as we can fit. Wish we could take more because it sounds like logs are scarce up in your neck of the woods.

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-16 5:57 pm   Permalink

Billy, logs are good! I can always store a few at my place for future use/drying out for future chops.

And Kris...driving to San Diego is a breeze. Trick is, Diamond Lane! They finally completed it from the Valley to San Diego and it's FAST! We went to a Charger's game in December, it took us about 1 and 15 minutes. Got there in plenty of time to tail-gate it...we were amazed.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 08:17 am   Permalink

Well, since Billy is bringing some to the chop, hopefully I can snag one? Otherwise, I'll have to be on the lookout for tree trimers!

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 09:02 am   Permalink

I'll probably strip and trim them to free up space and weight, too. Bonus for you. This is still tenative so don't count on it 100% yet. Life gets nutty and theres still over 30 days to go. Nel, send me directions to that route you mentioned, please!

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 1:24 pm   Permalink

Billy...we just took the 405. I used to got to San Diego via the 5, as the 405 was the freeway of hell, but if you carpool, much, much faster. Maybe the freeway gods were with us that day.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 08:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-13 09:26, geedavee wrote:

Hey Krisdrama, any pix of the Tiki Bob you were carving on at the last chop?

Dave- I haven't been able to work on Tiki Bob, I need to get some curved chisels. I promise to post pictures when I'm done though!

geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 11:25 am   Permalink

Billy, if you find you have an extra log at the SFV chop that you don't want to cart back to SD, I will gladly take one off your hands. I am looking to go a bit larger in my carvings.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 3:59 pm   Permalink

Anything I bring is staying. Ive got more palm than Rosey and all of her sisters combined and Im not carting back a single sliver. It will most likely be a few 4 footers and a bunch of half logs for masks.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 10:10 pm   Permalink

I would like one of the 4 footers and one mask size if no one else has asked for it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation