FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CheekyGirl's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - 3/19/10 aka "The Great Brownie Massacre of 2010"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
CheekyGirl's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - 3/19/10 aka "The Great Brownie Massacre of 2010"
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-21 2:48 pm   Permalink

I've put in on my calendar, hopefully I can swing it. I'd really love to see you and your place Nelva!

Mieko

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic_Tiki

Posted: 2010-02-21 3:12 pm   Permalink

I'd be happy to provide music if you need it. I have a huge collection of Exotica from the masters with a pro-grade portable system to play it on... Let me know...
Mahalo!
Chip Corbin
Atomic_Tiki

View Profile of Atomic_Tiki Send a personal message to Atomic_Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-01 09:29 am   Permalink

Well March is here and let's not forget March 20th, we have a date. Atomic tiki we would love to have you bring music for us. By the way since CheekyGirl is too busy working, I am the official ongoing voice of this thread now.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-01 10:48 am   Permalink

Hiltiki....thanks for the wake-up call, I've been sleeping at the wheel!

Okay, back on topic....

DRINKS - As the mint on my side yard has been taking off, Mai Tais and Pain Killers will be served!

GRUB - I'll be cooking up Kahlua Pork and providing those yummy sweet Hawaiian buns.

I've got plenty of plastic forks, cups and plates. I'll have a cooler with ice for any other refreshments anyone would like to bring. As with other chops, any other food and snacks, are welcome!

START TIME - I'm thinking 10:00 a.m. would be good. It will give me enough time to take my dog to the dog park. She'll need to run off any extra energy, as she gets so excited with new people. My dog is friendly, so if anyone wanted to bring their dog, I'm cool with it as long as you're dog is good with other dogs.

Atomic -- as Hil mentioned...heck yeah, music is always cool!

As the chop approaches I'll PM everyone with directions, etc.

Mahalo!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-01 11:54 am   Permalink

Cheeky!!

Thanks for hosting the next SFV CHOP.

Melekalikimaka and myself will be there.

I'll be working on a couple of things...a painting for the 2010 Ohana Luau at the Lake's silent charity auction and my shrunken head project for the April Art Swap.

This is going to be another nice afternoon of tiki and friends. I will send positive vibes to the weather Gods for a nice afternoon of sunshine...NO RAIN!

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-01 7:44 pm   Permalink

I would love to go to this! Anyone from the San Diego area going that I could catch a ride with?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-02 1:15 pm   Permalink

Atomic -- looks like my BF is taking care of the music. I've got a pretty good selection of Exotica and lots of other CDs. Thanks for the offer!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-02 1:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-01 19:44, 4WDtiki wrote:
I would love to go to this! Anyone from the San Diego area going that I could catch a ride with?

Yeah!!!! San Diego Peeps!!! Road Trip!! If you don't feel like driving back, my backyard can serve as a "tent city" for anyone that wants to set up a tent and or camp out.

T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 2:55 pm   Permalink

Hey folks, Geedavee sent me a message to invite me to your SF valley chop, but as I let him know I'll tell you folks too. My neighbor who is 94 years old and has been like a father to me, a grandfather to my son is dying of Cancer and I've found myself in a place where I'm the only one around who can lift him up from bed and take care of him. This has been going on for awhile now and has taken me out of the TC loop. I can't even find time to carve at home. I've been lurking when able and revel in everyones work, but posting comments on all the great work is not something i can make time for, so just to let you all know, the work is still inspirational and wish I could join you, but for now it's not possible. Thanks Dave for the invite, maybe in a few months.

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 3:51 pm   Permalink

T birdman -

I want to express my admiration for your care given to your neighbor, that is just awesome. Of course we will miss your presence at Cheeky's chop, but no doubt understand fully that one must do what is necessary.

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 5:15 pm   Permalink

Yes...Birdman, it's a good thing you're doing. There are a lot of people in this world that just don't care. It's a reminder that we all need to be good to each other. You're a good neighbor, Samaritan and person. You're humanity and and thoughfulness will be paid back 10 fold. Stay strong.

My mom is going to be 75 this year, and I can't be around her 24-7, so I rely on her neighbors to keep me abreast of anything unusual. Can't tell you how much I appreciate good neighbors and friends.

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 12:35 pm   Permalink

The date of the chop is getting closer and I'm getting excited. Cool thing is that Daylight Savings is will be in full-force for the chop so there will be plenty of daylight!

Here's the roll call of the confirmed attendees!

TikiG
Melekalikamaka
Geedavee
Hiltiki
Kridrama
Poly Pop
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Kirby
Murph
Bay Park Buzzy
Grog -- maybe

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl 2010-03-19 23:24 ]

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-10 12:51 pm   Permalink

GROG have to see where GROG at in the ceramic-making process. If GROG at a point where GROG can bring stuff to work on, then GROG will be there.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-15 10:58 am   Permalink

Hi there!
I've always been interested in getting into carving and other forms of tiki art and it seems like chops are the place to see brilliant artists in action.

Is it cool to come hang out & watch people work? Or, are chops primarily for those working on pieces?

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-15 12:58 pm   Permalink

Capt. Falernum, most peep work on a project, but if you're interested in taking a crack at a certain art medium it's cool to observe. It gives you more of an appreciation of how much time is involved in certain crafts.

Just one example, I never really knew the process of mug-making until I saw artists in action like Babalu and Bowana giving us lessons and demonstrations. It gives you a real appreciation when you see something go from an idea, to a drawing then wet clay to a mug you hold in your hand. It truly is amazing.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation