FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CheekyGirl's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - 3/19/10 aka "The Great Brownie Massacre of 2010"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
CheekyGirl's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - 3/19/10 aka "The Great Brownie Massacre of 2010"
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-15 12:59 pm   Permalink

Grog....always good to see you in action! Hope you can make it!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-16 4:42 pm   Permalink

GROG hope GROG can make it too.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-03-16 16:43 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-16 7:49 pm   Permalink

Grog, I hope to see you there. Cheekygirl did you need anything in particular we could bring for food?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 10:13 am   Permalink

Hil,

I'm making Kahlua Pork and my My BF will be grilling dogs and burgers for lunch, so I'm okay for the main stuff.

If anyone wants to bring snacky stuff, I dunno like: chips, cookies, soda, water, anything is cool. Any side stuff you might want with your dogs or burgers (small pasta salad or potato salad?)

And....Grog is a choc-o-holic...so if you want to tempt him into coming with warm, chocolately brownies---it might do the trick!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 10:27 am   Permalink

I think I just may have to whip up a batch of brownies for the chop

Thanks Nelva for hosting this time.

I'll see everyone Saturday around noonish.

tiki since '67!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2010-03-17 10:27 ]

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 12:55 pm   Permalink

My Mulberry tree is just starting to bud, which if anyone has ever experienced a fruiting Mulberry Tree--they are giant mess. After the fruit mature and ends its cycle, I'll be able to host another SFV Chop.
The tiki gods have been kind -- no rain, forecast for Saturday 79 degrees and sunny.

On another note, is 10:00 am too early for everyone? If so, no problem with switching the time to noon.

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 1:17 pm   Permalink

I'm moving up to Palmdale on the first of April...everything that's not going with me is being donated to a charity. I'm scheduled with a truck pick-up of these things on Saturday morning between nine and noon.

Your starting time doesn't affect me one way or the other - I'm grateful to be able to hang-out and art-out with my tiki friends regardless!

I'm assuming the chop will last until late afternoon-early evening anyway, right?

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-03-17 1:26 pm   Permalink

GROG can definitely be tempted by brownies! GROG worried what might be in Tiki G's brownies, though.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 1:44 pm   Permalink

only the finest ingredients, Sir Grog

...well well well you're feeling fine...well well well we'll make you

tiki since '67!

tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 5:07 pm   Permalink

i wont be able to make it up for this one. sorry all, someone be sure to take pictures!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 6:56 pm   Permalink

Im planning on stopin buy to carve and hang for a bit..

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 1:09 pm   Permalink

Cool, Kirb-ster, I'm still in awe of how you carved up that tiki at Tiki G's chop, just from the looking at the mug--real talent there. I'll have to hit you up for some tips on the tiki I started, it's so 2 dimensional.

And Thomas, I thought you and Billy were driving up together? Billy you still coming?

tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 9:49 pm   Permalink

yeah we were gonna, but ive got a meeting for work my boss sprung on me for saturday, and ive got midterms on monday to study for. hopefully ill be able to make it up to a san fernando valley chop one of these days

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilands

Posted: 2010-03-18 10:12 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

I never have been to a tiki chop and my husband and I are interested in going. Have a dumb question, do we have to bring our own wood and instruments? Excuse my ignorance. Thanks

View Profile of tikilands Send a personal message to tikilands  Email tikilands     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-19 12:23 pm   Permalink

Anyone going to the chop tomorrow own this mug as part of his/her collection?

And if so, if it's not too much trouble, could you please bring it for me to look at? Thanks

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation