FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CheekyGirl's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - 3/19/10 aka "The Great Brownie Massacre of 2010"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
CheekyGirl's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - 3/19/10 aka "The Great Brownie Massacre of 2010"
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-19 5:06 pm   Permalink

I will bring some appetizers and chips and stuff. Buzzy I am glad to see you are coming. See everyone there.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-19 5:12 pm   Permalink

Pics..Pics..We want to see Pics! We are in Puerto Vallarta or else we would be there

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-19 7:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-19 17:06, hiltiki wrote:
Buzzy I am glad to see you are coming.

Car battery died today...Ugh! I was trying to get the old battery out and snapped the corroded terminal off. Stupid terminal isn't a screw on one either so the car has to go to the shop. Hopefully they'll be done early enough for me to come up. I figure as long as they're done by 1230- 1pm I should still make it.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-19 8:41 pm   Permalink

Family stuff came up, so I can't make it. Have a good time everyone.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-19 11:05 pm   Permalink

Dang.

We're down in San Diego this weekend... was hoping I'd be able to come out for this!

Well, please be sure to post lots of pix! Have a great chop!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-19 11:21 pm   Permalink

Tikilands...sorry I didn't notice you're post. Usually peeps bring their own log. Sometimes other peeps will have extra logs and bring them to share. I've got carving tools, available and am happy to share. I've got one extra log in case someone needs one. It's a small one. I'll PM you the address just in case.

Buzzy, we'll be around for a while and if need be, we have an extra room if you want to crash.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-20 10:42 am   Permalink

Car's almost fixed...

I should be leaving in about an hour!

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-20 11:30 am   Permalink

Yeah!!! good news Buzzy. I will see everyone in two minutes.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-20 8:56 pm   Permalink

High drama at the chop, today! GROG was almost devastated and nearly left. But, all in all it was a good chop and very fun. Thanks Cheeky Girl and Jeff for hosting. We missed you Buzzy. (Damned traffic!)

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-20 11:15 pm   Permalink

I'm really bummed I couldn't make it up. I didn't get the car back from the shop until 1:30 this afternoon. After loading my tiki and tools, I got on the road at about 2. I hit unexpected gridlock and found there was an accident and back up on the freeway that was several miles long.
I figured at best, I'd get there at about 5-5:30. I just decided to turn around and cut my losses. Hopefully I'll see most of you next week at the Tonga Hut.

Buzzy Out!

Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-21 11:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-20 20:56, GROG wrote:

High drama at the chop, today! GROG was almost devastated and nearly left.

Did that have anything to with some brownies?

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-21 12:04 pm   Permalink

Yes, high drama! Grog nearly packed up and left. Everyone did everything to comfort and calm Grog in order keep him from going into Cave-man frenzie of destruction.

Murph had brought brownies to keep the Grog sated and peaceful at the chop.

However, Capt. Falernum, in fit of jealousy and rage that his glazed donuts were being ignored....with a violent flick of his wrist, sent the delicious tub of brownies crashing to the ground.

My dog leapt into action, in an attempt to salvage some of the delicious pastries. You can see the Capt. feighning regret claiming it was an "accident". Accident, hum, notice how every single brownie hit the dirt? Accident, you be the judge....

But alas, they ended up here:

We were able to pacify Grog with this:

Hindsight is 20-20, but we should have placed the brownies in the baby's protective seat:

However, Capt. Falernum, sensing the simmering anger and fearing reprisal at the next chop quietly excused himself. Seeking redemption, he returned, offering up a new virgin offering of a brownies.

Crisis Averted.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-21 12:22 pm   Permalink

Cheekygirl, thank you for such a fun chop, it was nice seeing some old friends and some new ones. By the way, I liked the white powdered brownies the best! Kirby you have the cutest baby ever.

Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-21 2:00 pm   Permalink

What a great time!
Funny... I had dreams of screaming, terrorizing giant brownies all night.
Not sure if it was due to the Rum or the Potcheen.

A most excellent afternoon. THANKS!

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 08:17 am   Permalink

I had a fab time at CheekyGirls chop last Saturday. Thanks to Nelva and Jeff for hosting Yay!! The San Fernando Valley hosts two chops so far in 2010

Just to let everyone know - it wasn't all about the spoilt brownies you know! Some art was born as well...and as usual the creative universe included carving, lamping, painting and claying.

So...enough of my raving just take a look at my pics and see for yourself:

Please enter...the Lilo Lounge but-

-enter at your own risk!

Melekalikimaka paints CheekyGirls' chop scene

Geedavee out back carving tiki with tux

Kirby starts on his tiki mask

Tyler checking out the scene and soaking it all in

PolynesianPop works on his coconut-monkey lamp

Murph displays his in-process Kraken Rum bottle beachcomber lamp

Grog hard at work with a fresh Java Bob mug

Tyler and Polly share a moment together

Kirby applies flame to his carved mask

Grog's Java Bob mugs all in a row

Melekalikimaka's in-process chop scene painting ensures the infamous brownies are immortalized

Capt. R.H. Falernum makes up for lost treats - he delivers a new batch from store - cool!

That's all for now...HEY!! if anyone has a pic of me painting please post it

Thanks, G

tiki since '67!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2010-03-22 08:19 ]

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation