FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CheekyGirl's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - 3/19/10 aka "The Great Brownie Massacre of 2010"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
CheekyGirl's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - 3/19/10 aka "The Great Brownie Massacre of 2010"
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 09:09 am   Permalink

I've got more pics...but I was so tired after the chop. I was busy cleaning my sty in order to make it somewhat presentable for the chop. I will post more after work! Thanks TikiG for the pics and everyone for coming and making it a blast!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 10:28 am   Permalink

Thanks Cheeky Girl for hosting an awesome chop. I wish I had done a little more work, but the food and the fun were great. Can't wait til the next Valley chop.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 11:25 am   Permalink

Thank you CheekyGirl for being a great & gracious host. There could not have been a better introduction to the world of chops.

Thanks also to everyone working on pieces at the chop. Seeing the many talented artists at work was a great inspiration to take up a chisel, brush or blowtorch in the near future!

On a personal note, I'm glad to have finally found a receptive audience to my very specific (and incredibly brilliant) brownie-based performance art. With full humility, we all must agree that this could be the most compelling & important artistic work of our generation. I'll be taking this act on the road in Spring/Summer 2010 -- invite me to your party & I'll lay waste to the tastiest desserts in arm's reach.

Yours truly,
Captain (of destruction) Falernum

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 11:29 am   Permalink

Hey Capt! -

Are you in anyway related to KEITH MOON?

So. Cal needs a master of the fine art of auto-destruction

Damn! the beginning of a whole new genre of PolyPop art and I'm proud to say I witnessed its birth

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 10:02 pm   Permalink

I don't want to post too many duplicates, so here's a few more pictures:

Kirby arrives to the chop in style...

TikiG working on his piece...

Taking a break...

The "guard dog" protecting his work...

Jeff manning the grill....

Murph putting the finishing touches on the Kracken beachcomber light...

Hiltiki checking out some carvings...

(BTW, Hiltiki, those tortilla chips were killer!)

A closer look at geedavee's tux tiki...

Great chop, hope to host in another few months. By then the tree will fruiting mulberry will end its cycle and will only provide much needed shade in the coming hot months of the valley.

Thanks everyone for coming!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 1:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pics! G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-23 2:11 pm   Permalink

Yes indeed, thank you for all the pix everyone!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 4:43 pm   Permalink

It looks like it was not only a grand time, but a great event! How come you guys do all this now AFTER I leave Da Valley?

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 11:08 pm   Permalink

Mango...really we didn't plan it that way!

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 9:45 pm   Permalink

I'm SUPER bummed I couldn't make this one and get rid of some of these logs. Thomas found out he couldn't make it at the last minute and that was right about the time I faded into obscurity for a spell.(stress WILL kill you) I still have an ASSLOAD (as in DONKEYLOAD) of logs. I need a chop soon before I go totally mad.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-08 1:37 pm   Permalink

Not exactly sure where to post this but since it is a local event in the SGV, I thought I would try it here rather than to start a new thread.

For any carvers in the SFV and SGV areas that are looking for carving tools, there is an Old Tool Swap Meet in Pasadena at Arroyo Hardwoods.
2707 E. Foothill Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91107
http://www.arroyohardwoods.com/

This Saturday, June 12th, 2010
6AM-NOON

I went last year and I picked up a few good tools for a decent price.
These are mostly old-school tools like draw knives, spokeshaves, planers, etc.

Here is some info.
http://www.toolswapusa.com/SwapMeetSchedule.htm

Just passin' it on.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-08 6:02 pm   Permalink

That's good info Dave! Good to know where to get you're hands on some tools.

And the stupid berries are all over the ground right now...I'm hoping to host another chop, maybe in Oct. (I've got a lot of things going in June/July and there are a lot of events in August. The valley is miserable in Aug/Sept. anyhow.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation