FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Beyond Tiki ╗ ╗ The show me your Witco Conquistador thread.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The show me your Witco Conquistador thread.
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-12 10:05 pm   Permalink

Err, instead of just quoting other people, maybe they could be given the chance to post their own stuff?

This thread seems kind of one sided, if'n ya know what I mean.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 3:47 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-02-24 07:39 ]

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-12 5:14 pm   Permalink

I just want to see all the conquistador's in one thread. To get an idea of how big this line of Witco is. I enjoy it for myself and thought others my enjoy it too. I am trying to encourage TCers to appreciate (in case that you don't like it already) collect preserve and share this part of crazy furniture history. I just wanna have some fun!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRenee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-05 05:19 am   Permalink

I posted a picture of what I think is a Witco conquistador in the collecting tiki forum. Sorry but I can't copy and paste the link from my phone. Can you look and tell me what you think?

View Profile of TikiRenee Send a personal message to TikiRenee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-07 8:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-03 19:57, TikiRenee wrote:
Hi all,

I ran across this lamp in a store today. I have seen some WITCO, but this is unfamiliar to me. Can anyone identify it? Is it WITCO? I know they did a lot of items with a "Spanish" influence, but this looks a little...off...to me. Sorry about the photo quality, it came from my phone.

Thanks for the assistance,
Tikirenee

I have no clue... looks conquistador to me.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-08 02:21 am   Permalink

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-08 11:47 am   Permalink

I actually like the Witco Conquistador stuff more than Witco Tiki. The conquistador line is more inventive in design and the subject and material work better as pieces.

The
Hobnobber in Burien, Washington has some original Witco decor on its walls, the giant chess pieces and one or two of the abstract musical instruments. (At least it did 2 years ago when I was there last.)

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 10:01 pm   Permalink

I dropped into the Hobnobber in Burien, WA today, during a drive back to Seattle. I didn't know anything about it except that it was old and divey. I noticed the Witco, and thought "I need to ask Woof Mutt about that." When I got home I thought I'd just try googling hobnobber burien witco and I found -- Woof Mutt.

Anyway, the Witco is still there, although the pieces with musical instruments have been integrated into some larger, mixed media, less traditional compositions combining the original pieces with work in the NASCAR beer company balloon car medium.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-30 5:24 pm   Permalink

Saw these today.
I think they go here

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation