FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Hula Girls/ Swingin' Tikis at the Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa, March 13th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
The Hula Girls/ Swingin' Tikis at the Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa, March 13th
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 9:03 pm   Permalink

Well I know where the Nest was, Damn it! you would not catch us dead at Zubie's!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 9:05 pm   Permalink

Oh Yea LOL

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 10:21 pm   Permalink

I saw the likes of Deborah Harry (Blondie), 20/20 , The Incredible Shrinking Dickies
and the Buzzcocks to name a few bands at the Cuckoo's Nest in the early 80's.
It later became the Gilded Cage.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 10:56 am   Permalink

Yeah and I remember a buddy of mine and his father jus before we walked into Zubie's he says to his pops "Look Dad that guy's hair is curled" (punk rocker), to which his dad replied, "Yes son I think his brain is curled too". Well it coulda been Boobam Ben. Please don't kill me now Ben.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 2:50 pm   Permalink

Hey Spike,

It was great to chat with you a bit at Don's last night, and see pics of your cool place. We would have loved to swing by afterward, but we didn't leave the bar until 1:30, and it was definitely time to go home at that point.

We'll totally come check you guys out at this show, and are looking forward to more info about the upcoming one at the Galaxy.

Take care,

Deanna Rose / Tiki Kitty

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 5:03 pm   Permalink

So what do you all think of the "Tiki Bar" I know it was not what the owners said it was going to be like?

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 6:23 pm   Permalink

Great to talk with you last night too. We came home and played guitars in the garage super late... I just listened to the recording of it this morning... It's better that you guys didn't come by... Haha....

The Tiki Bar isn't much of a 'tiki bar'... Although the OA poles are still in there. It was cool to see those again. They were covered with aluminum while it was The Roc. Like seeing an old friend again. BUT, the stage is a great set up and the sound system is supposed to be all new in there. Should be a cool show. I'm not gonna miss it.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 6:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info Luckydesigns, I am sorry I wasn't introduced to you last night at Don's.

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 6:43 pm   Permalink

Yeah the poles are the only thing tiki in the place.Why it is called Tiki bar is
beyond me.

[ This Message was edited by: 1961surf 2010-02-07 18:44 ]

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 8:35 pm   Permalink

wasn't the Nest in front of Hurley on Placenta??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs Bamboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 8:42 pm   Permalink

shut up! You are mixing every one up.

View Profile of Mrs Bamboo Send a personal message to Mrs Bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 9:22 pm   Permalink

And I thought you said Punk was dead Ben

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 9:25 pm   Permalink

So who went to Wana-Be Manor or the Meathouse?

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 9:28 pm   Permalink

I'm sure we'll meet eventually here...

Ben, I know you're screwing with the conversation here, but YOU out of ANYONE should know that the club that used to be in front of Hurley was the GAY bar Newport Station. Hahahahahaaa...

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 9:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-07 21:22, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
And I thought you said Punk was dead Ben

it is.

Now... go see the Hula Girls at this gig!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation