FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-25 08:43 am   Permalink

Help, I've been told by Bullet that my bottom shrunken head is a Rastafarian because of the braids. It's easy enough to take them out and have it just be long hair. Would that be preferable? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-25 08:50 am   Permalink

yes

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-25 10:27 am   Permalink

I think it's great just as it is. Who's to say a rasta couldn't have been shrunken anyway?

BTW, rasta have natty dreads, not clean braids

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-25 11:33 am   Permalink

Well - good news and bad news.
FINALLY getting some clay time in, and I'm experimenting with a few pieces that would work for this swap. Bad news? It is March 25! Chances of these fellows being ready on the 15th of April are, well, slim. My fingers are crossed, though, and I'll keep you all posted!

Henrik

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-25 11:46 am   Permalink

Well, I'd wait but I can't speak for others

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-25 2:31 pm   Permalink

So here are the first two "framed face" experiments. I've (fingers crossed) done my best to calculate shrinkage so these will fit nicely into a 4x6 picture frame so you can hang them on the wall. A shrunken-head-y fellow and an zombie-esque fellow:

Like I said - these will most likely not be ready in time - but as this challenge gave me the idea for the framed faces, I wanted to share the photo!

Mahalo,
Henrik

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-25 2:37 pm   Permalink

I am freaking out, VanTiki!

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-25 2:42 pm   Permalink

The work that has been completed,the work coming...all fantastic!
If my vote means anything I'll say I can wait longer for all entries to be completed as well.
It's fun to see everybodys take on the theme!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-25 3:24 pm   Permalink

I'd wait... those are too cool not to be included!
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-25 3:31 pm   Permalink

Henrik are you kidding me???????????????????????

A
M
A
Z
I
N
G
!
!
!
!
!
!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blisskitchen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-25 6:35 pm   Permalink

"Peasant Under Glass"
Plain $10 goat skin shrunken head from ebay. Stitched the eyes and mouth shut. Adorned with bone beads and bones in the nose.
I'll be traveling from April 15th-April 25th. Whoever ends up being my swap partner, please PM me and be patient. I'll ship as soon as I get back.

[ This Message was edited by: blisskitchen 2010-03-25 20:58 ]

View Profile of Blisskitchen Send a personal message to Blisskitchen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-25 6:40 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Liz and Amy!

You inspired me to do one more after lunch. Put some holes in the lips for some future stitching. We'll see which of the 3 get into the swap. Hope they dry out fast (but not too fast)!

PS - this photo is "pre-freckles"

Henrik

tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-25 8:03 pm   Permalink

Van tiki is in so am I.
Ill be posting some pics this friday!
You guys rock!!!!!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 01:57 am   Permalink

Aloha, all...

My name is Jason and I am new here to TC, new to tiki collecting and newer to the art world as well. I found my first tiki mug at a thrift store and a week later ran into Doug Horne at a local show, picked up one of his limited edition prints and haven't looked back!

I have been reading through these forums for awhile and have been inspired by the many artists who graciously share their work, technique, wisdom and lives. This community seems incredible and I look forward to developing some lasting friendships.

I would like to contribute to the swap... hope a newbie like me can join in the fun. Is that cool with you guys?

Thanks so much... and a special thank you to you, Ken Ruzic... I've read and re-read your Creating Tiki thread and have been incredibly inspired. You are amazing... as an artist and just the way your personality and genuine kindness flows through your posts. Awesome stuff!

Well, let me know if I can be a part of the swap...

Peace,
Jason

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 07:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-26 01:57, TikiDaye wrote:
Well, let me know if I can be a part of the swap...

Peace,
Jason

Welcome!

and YES! the more the merrier! Best way to become a contributing member on TC is to jump in with both feet so get to getting on with the shrunken head action!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation