FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Blisskitchen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-26 07:27 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2010-03-26 01:57, TikiDaye wrote:
Aloha, all...

My name is Jason and I am new here to TC, new to tiki collecting and newer to the art world as well. I found my first tiki mug at a thrift store and a week later ran into Doug Horne at a local show, picked up one of his limited edition prints and haven't looked back!

I have been reading through these forums for awhile and have been inspired by the many artists who graciously share their work, technique, wisdom and lives. This community seems incredible and I look forward to developing some lasting friendships.

I would like to contribute to the swap... hope a newbie like me can join in the fun. Is that cool with you guys?

Noticed you are in Scottsdale. If you haven't already, I'd reccomend happy hour at Drift Lounge and dinner at Trader Vics. I've actually written in a stop there on a 2000 mile motorcycle ride in May to celebrate my B-day at Hotel Valley Ho and Trader Vics.

[ This Message was edited by: Blisskitchen 2010-03-26 07:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Blisskitchen 2010-03-26 07:29 ]

View Profile of Blisskitchen Send a personal message to Blisskitchen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-26 09:22 am   Permalink

I was gone a few days and there was an EXPLOSION of activity on this tread!

Wendy - Don't you worry about Bullet and his ganja-addled brain, I think the braids are fine.

VanTiki - STELLAR! As always. Can't wait to see the finished products.

Bliss - "Peasant Under Glass" Looks cool!

TikiDaye - Welcome to TC and to your first art swap.

Well, I busted up my plaster original making a mold - if the mold doesn't work I'm back to step one. Speaking of molds, this is easily the ugliest mold I have ever seen. But if it produces a workable casting I'm OK with that

(crappy cell phone pic but it actually looks better blurry)

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 1:10 pm   Permalink

Awesome...thanks for the opportunity...

...currently jumping in with both feet!

Peace,
Jason <><

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 5:28 pm   Permalink

Welcome, Tikidaye! Hope you have a great swapper! I have been doing the art (and mug) swaps for a little while now on TC, and they are always fun!
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 5:53 pm   Permalink

Tikidaye and Blisskitchen, welcome to a wonderful group. You will find such a variety of people, there are artists, collectors, comedians, musicians and bar tenders. Some who are all of the above. There is nothing but fun and new friends in your futures. I can't wait to see what you make for the swap. Most of all just have fun with it. Wendy

__
Maddogmike I already changed it before I read your post. Bullet is happy._______________

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-03-26 18:02 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 8:54 pm   Permalink

Alright i got some wrk done hope you guys Like.
zheres a teaser// Just kidding?

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-26 9:28 pm   Permalink

me likes!

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-26 10:32 pm   Permalink

Me2 !

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 10:54 pm   Permalink

wow... very cool!

it's exciting and inspiring to see all the cool art!

I feel a bit overwhelmed by all you pros but love the idea of being together in community...

thanks for all the warm welcomes!

I've been dreaming about little shrunken heads and am excited (bit a little intimidated?) to share my piece with you all soon...

thanks again!

peace,
Jason <><

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-27 05:35 am   Permalink

Ya know the thing about shrunken heads is... they don't become really shrunkeny heady until you lace the eyes and mouth... that's what I'm discovering.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-27 07:35 am   Permalink

Awesome tikigodz, got a ton of personality. The wood grain looks cool too.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-27 4:28 pm   Permalink

I offer up a tableau of three shrunken heads:

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 2:41 pm   Permalink

Detail added but not quite done.

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 4:16 pm   Permalink

Tikigodz - looking great... loving the bone thru the nose! great stuff!

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-28 6:39 pm   Permalink

Tikigodz, looks great - lots of character. My tiki space is a patio, your art looks substantial enough to withstand the elements.

Bongo - that's just creepin' me out Great interpretation of the theme - who ate the chicken?

PS Wendy, looks great with the hair unbraided too.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation