FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 1:27 pm   Permalink

Right-on! Jason. Unlucky Lou and the Boys Welcome to the swap

also - TikiMango has signed aboard this swaps' artist roster? (How frickin' cool is that?!?)

I'm still adding small finishing touches to my shrunken head arty-farty...pics will be posted shortly (I have a long weekend ahead - yahoo!!)

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 1:34 pm   Permalink

so here is my completed piece...
Its a water color mounted on a slice of tree and coated in liquid plastic!
I had another piece I was working on but not sure I'm gonna have it done in time ...enjoy this submission!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-30 2:19 pm   Permalink

Nice Tikiville, looks almost TOO real

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-30 4:37 pm   Permalink

The art must be really good because I keep catching myself with a grimace on my face and an icky feeling as I scroll through the pages. The trade is coming closer and closer, WATCH OUT! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-30 6:48 pm   Permalink

The world's ugliest mold made a pretty rough casting and it had a hidden undercut so I broke off the ring finger (the sculpt, not the sculptor). But it's clay, it goes back together - that's what clay does Here it is repaired and cleaned up but with no features or texture. I have to cut an inch off the bottom because it's too tall to fit my kiln

Maybe a progress shot later tonight, April 15th is a-comin'!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 10:10 pm   Permalink

Wow, Mike... that is exciting... can't wait to see what you do next. And thankful it was the clay finger as opposed to the flesh and blood!

peace,
Jason <><

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-30 10:24 pm   Permalink

ALoha and AHOY!
Well here it is my submission for the art swap....At first I was not sure what to make, I figured everyone was just going to make shrunken heads, so i would make something different ...but the more I thought about it.....ah screw it shrunken heads are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take one small log , add some chisels , coconut fibre,clay, bamboo, here ya go....

View Profile of Cap'n Pharaoh Send a personal message to Cap'n Pharaoh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 04:18 am   Permalink

That's pretty darn nifty CAP'N!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 04:26 am   Permalink

Some awesome art coming out of the woodwork!

MDF cutout

Painted it in primer and then some paint

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-31 06:33 am   Permalink

TikiDaye, thank you.
Cap'n, very nice.
Hewey, good start.

I added some hair to the lid and the back of the head last night, may have some time to start on the face today. Cut an inch off the bottom so it will fit in my kiln.

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2010-03-31 06:41 ]

tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 07:28 am   Permalink

MDog that is going to look wicked
Cant wait to see it5 done!!!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 08:04 am   Permalink

BUMP!

OMIGAWSH! OMIGAWSH!
looks like an Elvis
and a Cap'n Pharoah mounted head
and a MadDogMike sculpt and
a Tikiville paintin and.....
i jes wanna do the boogaloo....

great work chillens!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2010-03-31 08:05 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-31 08:40 am   Permalink

Cap'n Pharaoh just reminded me with his art that I need to sign my work and to put Tiki Swap 2010 somewhere on it (on the back for mine). This swap may be bigger than the menu swap. What will the next theme be and how big will it go? Hewey really started something fun, three cheers for Hewey. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-31 08:53 am   Permalink

Got some facework done, now to let it dry a bit and clean it up. The strings you see now are "placeholders". Buried in the clay, they will burn out in the kiln and hopefully leave channels for me to feed new strings through after the final glazing.

It really is hollow - has a straw hole in the top of the head now and should hold about 20 ounces (give or take)

I'm EXCITED!!! It's actually turning out like I envisioned This is my second attempt at sculpting a face (the other was a shrunken head too) Nice thing about shrunken heads is that, by nature, they are distorted and asymetrical - makes it easier for people like me.

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2010-03-31 09:03 ]

amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-31 09:00 am   Permalink

Someone has to be the wrench in the works - or in this case, the wench--- I'll be going out of town April 16-25th.
I can bring my piece with me and send it from On The Road, but whoever sends to me, we'll have to work out a plan so
your piece is not sitting on my urban porch til I get backkkkk!

Hewey, I'm guessing you won't figure out the actual swap part until the end in case
more people jump in during the last week...

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation