FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 4:44 pm   Permalink

Rum painting... brilliant! But no one would complain if you included a frame... made out of lime wedges!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-07 8:36 pm   Permalink

Moondoggie, glad to see you're in - great rum painting!

As far as my mug... "I am troubled on every side, yet not distressed; I am perplexed, but not in despair"

For some reason, the walls on this casting we not as thick as the last one and the stress of the heavy wet clay on the head was too much for the thin walls. I'm out of casting slip and a little frustrated - so I'll Sharpie some notes on the side of that mold and put it away for another time. But don't cry for me - life is GREAT and I'll get over this. In fact, I already am

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 9:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-07 20:36, MadDogMike wrote:

"I am troubled on every side, yet not distressed; I am perplexed, but not in despair"

quote it brother

Bummer that the mug didn't make it the 2nd go around...

how many art swaps do they do each year? does another start up after this one ends?

just curious...

peace,
Jason <><

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-07 9:28 pm   Permalink

Mike could you save it if you made it as a statue and not a mug? Shorten the arm and attach the hand and head to the base? Melt the extra clay and patch it and finish up with baking and glazing. It doesn't have to be a mug for this swap. You can do it, I know it, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-04-07 21:29 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blisskitchen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-08 07:46 am   Permalink

Seems as though your Shrunken Head is truely cursed.

View Profile of Blisskitchen Send a personal message to Blisskitchen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-08 07:59 am   Permalink

You made me snort my coffee

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-08 10:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-07 12:00, bb moondog wrote:
i want in on this

rum painting..barbancourt and the st.elizabeth allspice dram on parchment..8" x 10"....suitable for FRAMING

Love this!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-08 11:24 am   Permalink

Mike - sorry to see the re-occurring clay disasters with your headhunter mug! I know how frustrating that can be. Sometimes the clay gods are with you, and sometimes they curse you!

On that note I just pressed START on the kiln for the final glaze firing of my frames shrunken faces. All 10 fingers are firmly crossed, and I'll report the good/bad news tomorrow morning when the kiln cools.

Mahalo -
Henrik

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-08 11:52 am   Permalink

Thanks guys

Jason, there is no set schedule for the Art Swaps. Last year we had two, both expertly facilitated by Hewey.

Wendy, too late - I already PITCHED it. I really like the concept and I know I can make it work, I'll take a break from it and try again later

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-08 7:40 pm   Permalink

MIKE!!! Creativity is alowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing wich ones to keep.///// And when all else fails "f" IT!!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-09 12:45 pm   Permalink

Believe it or not - my framed face is nearly done! All that is left to do is find a frame for it. Here he is:

Can't believe I got it done in time! Whew!

Henrik

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-09 12:47 pm   Permalink

Very cool Henrik, that'll look sweet in a frame!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-09 5:25 pm   Permalink

6 more days and then we Trade! It's bitter sweet with MadDogMike's piece missing but there's always next time if Hewey will keep this going.
So much fun art, Henrik he's so sad his head shrunk. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-09 6:58 pm   Permalink

Vantiki that is excellent! I would love to participate next time!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-09 11:13 pm   Permalink

Henrik, so creative... thanks for contributing to this swap!

peace,
Jason <><

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation