FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 09:39 am   Permalink

A picture of the officially unofficial 'Little Mo-Mo Fang Club' members package. Includes sticker, painting, pamphlet, and button. Also included, a secret surprise from the famous and nonexistant MoMo Lounge in Sunny Zeroland, California! (not pictured)

Rule 1 of MoMo club:
It's OK to talk about MoMo club.

Rule 2 of MoMo club:
There aren't really any rules, so....

Momo club. it's not just a club, it's a figment.

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 10:05 am   Permalink

page 17 has an UPDATE with all the items so farin one post!
turning out to be a fitting tribute from the artists at TC ,for the shrunken contribution these poor souls gave.
( Oh, danlovestikis...done ! thank you for the request)

[ This Message was edited by: TIKIVILLE 2010-04-15 10:06 ]

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 3:06 pm   Permalink

Strong looking finish, but the days not done yet! What mysteries are still waiting to be discovered?

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 3:23 pm   Permalink

not a heavy hitter, but still an entry dammit!

I had shrunken monkeys on the brain ever since I heard about the theme, so I did a cutesy one.

"ShrunkenneMonkee"
12 x 16 Canvas board
Oil Pastels

All the entries RAWK!

I really hope there are more!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 4:39 pm   Permalink

A cool assortment of shrunken oddities!

I've decided that I am going to ship my little shrunken fellow sans-frame. I have a big ol' faux antique frame over here for it, but it weighs 10x more that the face, and it is REALLY big. I figure that you crafty folk may prefer to choose your own frame - or maybe make your own! The clay *should* fit into the opening of a 4x6 frame - but you may need to sand the frame a bit to help with the fit. I'll discuss more with whomever draws my name from the pot.

Mahalo,
Henrik

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-15 4:48 pm   Permalink

Has there been a time set for the announcement? MIDNIGHT TONIGHT? mmmmmmaybe?

I'm leaving tomorrow....leeeeeeavin on a jet plane....outta town for 10 days...
I won't get "your" piece til I get back... therefore, squealing will be delayed.

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 6:04 pm   Permalink

Hoping the random drawing happens soon too, before I leave town next week. I am so ready.

I don't recall providing a mailing address. Do we need to do that as in other swaps?

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-15 7:07 pm   Permalink

Ravers, your monkee rocks!!!

Bongo, you'll swap addresses with your partner via PM after the names are paired.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blisskitchen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-15 7:44 pm   Permalink

I just wanna say this....."I'm excited about not only the outcome of this, but also the sheer creativity that is being expressed and shared. Looking over the post on page 17 is really fun and inspirational. Which one is soon to become a part of your world?!!" I also want to say this..."I'm am proud that I feel pretty sure I have not made any typographical errors on this post so far considering how drunk I am."

View Profile of Blisskitchen Send a personal message to Blisskitchen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-15 7:54 pm   Permalink

Ooops...excuse me...pardon...errr, uhhh... y'all got room for one more?? I'm in...

..................................................IATMUL TROPHY HEAD...............................................
<edited 4/17/10 for photo's and info update>

A genuine human skull was overmodelled with clay and decorated with real hair, shells and horn as well as drawings related to the dead´s life and/ or such group inside a tribe.
"Trophy" skulls were taken after a headhunting raid on another village. These overmodelled skulls were said to contain the spirit of the deceased.
Skulls were curated and modified in a variety of modes, ranging from cleaning and painting with a red wash of clay at the western edge of the Sepik coast to the complete overmodeling of the face by Iatmul people on the Sepik River.
The Iatmul portrait skulls represent obvious individuation, but study of the design motifs on skulls with incised designs on the frontal bones reveals both subtle individuation and the rendering of traditional inherited designs on the skulls of ancestors.
The iconography of skull decoration is not unique but rather the design elements are common to a wide range of material culture in both painted and carved media, representing the incorporation of human remains into the realm of things made sacred at the hand of the master carver and painter.

IATMUL TROPHY HEAD
-Polymer clays (Sculpey FIRM, SUPER & PREMO)
-Acrylics
-Alpaca Natural-blend knit fiber
-Skeleton wood (Cholla)
-Red Mahogany & Pecan stains

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

[ This Message was edited by: TravelingJones 2010-04-17 20:46 ]

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 8:18 pm   Permalink

Closing in on the deadline... can't wait to see which one of these beauties will be coming to live (or be undead) at my house... the tension is palpable!

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 8:18 pm   Permalink

I pretty much am shipping mine too sans frame...that was the plan from the get-go..I figure its more up to the winner what decor they are trying to match and the postage on mine will be MINIMAL...keepin it SIMPLE

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 8:30 pm   Permalink

Jones - nice addition!

ok, anyone else feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve...?

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blisskitchen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-15 8:52 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: blisskitchen 2010-04-26 22:13 ]

View Profile of Blisskitchen Send a personal message to Blisskitchen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blisskitchen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-15 8:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-15 20:30, TikiDaye wrote:
Jones - nice addition!

ok, anyone else feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve...?

/raises hand

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation