FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-16 07:22 am   Permalink

Jonesey, what's with the teaser pic? TAKE IT ALL OFF!!! Looks great!

(PS - I left you a PM in the AM about a week ago )

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-16 08:48 am   Permalink

cute munkee raves!
and Jonesy...
GIVE IT UP,stud!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-16 09:42 am   Permalink

This swap is like a cannibal snack plate...

Shrunken heads soaked in awesome sauce!

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-16 10:48 am   Permalink

when is the draw?!
who gets what !?
Is all ashore thats goin ashore?!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-16 11:40 am   Permalink

daaaaaaaaaaaaaayum!!! great stuff comin in!!!

thanks for all the effort tiki Ohana!!!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-16 1:46 pm   Permalink

BigToe - thank YOU for jumping in with we groms! Appreciate you being a part of the swap!

Anyone heard from Hewey recently? I realized we haven't seen his Elvis inspired shrunken lately...

anxiously (but patiently) awaiting the news as to which of these wild pieces I get to welcome home...
my Tribe keeps asking "daddy, which shrunken head are you getting?"

maluhia,
Jason <><

[ This Message was edited by: TikiDaye 2010-04-16 13:49 ]

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-16 2:08 pm   Permalink

Ok tiki folks, I'm powering down over here and will check in as connectivity permits...

To my Swappee- I'm taking your prize piece with me, and will send it along
asap....emphasis on the "possible"

yr tiki pal,

-amybean

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-16 3:28 pm   Permalink

Hey folks. I'll be drawing the swap this arvo (currently brekky time down under), so you're gonna have to wait just a liiiiiiiitle bit longer I usually give a couple days lag after the 'closing date' for some of the stragglers and today Ive got a property inspection so need to do some last minute cleaning to make the place a bit respectable!

Oh yeh, Elvis is done I just need some time to take pics...

Not long naoooooow

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-17 03:13 am   Permalink

Bloody late bastards

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-17 04:20 am   Permalink

Oooookay, the draw is done! I’m pretty sure this has been the biggest swap yet, so it’s great to see some new faces in amongst the mix – even if they were a little shrunken

Now previously I have limited it to one swap piece per person (like we don’t want one person doing 20 pieces and swapping with EVERYONE). This time around a couple of people have submitted 2 pieces, and looking back through my posts I never said that you couldn’t submit a couple of pieces, so I have made the judgment call to allow them to enter them as 2 single swap pieces THIS TIME, as they made them in the belief they could enter 2 pieces. The next swap will be limited to one swap partner each.

Okay so the draw was overseen by ol Margaret ‘Jackpot’ Sidebottom. Margaret loves her bingo, walks in the park and hardcore S&M with her husband Spencer. She threatened to whip me if I was unethical in how I did the swap!

Sooooo, the swapping partners are:
Capn Pharaoh swaps with Blisskitchen
Bad Tiki swaps with bb moondog
Bongo Bungalow swaps with Tiki 65
Artosauras swaps with TikiDaye #2
Tikiville #2 swaps with MP#2
TikiG swaps with Amybean
Ravenne swaps with Travelling Jones
TikiDaye swaps with Little Lost Tiki
Tikiville swaps with Tikigodz
Tikimango swaps with MP
Big Toe swaps with Tipsy Mcstagger
WaikikianMoekele swaps with Zerotiki
Now there were an odd number of swappers, so the last 3 swap in a triangle
So Hewey sends to Danlovestikis
Danlovestikis sends to VanTiki
Vantiki sends to Hewey

TikiG please note that Amybean has advised that she will be out of town for 10 days
Tiki65 please note that Bongo Bungalow has also advised they will be out of town for a few days

So please PM your swap partner with your address, send your creation off in the post and keep an eye on the mailbox for your pressie And don’t forget to take a pic of your new artwork in its new home!

Oh yeh, any ideas for a new topic? We've had PNG, Poly Pop Menu Inspired, Shrunken Heads, NZ/Maori, Oceanic/Maritime and Moai. Would you beleive the first swap was way back in 2007!!!

Hewey out!

Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2010-04-17 06:47 am   Permalink

Thank You Hewey For organising the swap!
It's always awesome!
I can not wait to see the items first hand

As for suggestions for a new theme:
perhaps the next theme could be a little more subtle ...like a tropfest theme.....all entries must incorporate the same element, like coconut., or sea shells ... or ???

this way it is subject to a broader interpretation, and we may get some crazier items.

(For those that don't know what tropfest is, it is a short film festival that happens every year in Australia , all entries are limited only by a preset theme .....something simple, one year it was bubbles.... some films were based entirely around bubbles others simply had a bubble floating through a single screen shot, but all had a bubble in it)

View Profile of Cap'n Pharaoh Send a personal message to Cap'n Pharaoh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-17 07:09 am   Permalink

Great swap all! My suggestion is for the BIRDS! Lends itself to various tropical interpretations: Cassowary bone daggers, PNG warrior hornbill back ornaments, Solomon Island Frigate Birds, Birds of Paradise on black velvet (the bird, not the flower), there's the birdmen clan of Rapa Nui, you could make a case for the Baining Fire Dance mask being bird inspired with their duck-like bills, someone had recently posted a great humorous painting of a Moia with a buzzard-like bird perched on top of his head, how about a Hawaiian Feather Helmet - I'd like to see one of those at Oasis instead of a fez

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2010-04-17 07:30 am   Permalink

Great suggestion .......given my recent bout with the lorikeets...I may even have some real bird bits to use....
Birds have definitely given inspiration to most the people on this planet love them or hate them ...americans love their eagle....the owl is wise...the tibetans believe in sky burials
and ultimately this is some of my favourite bird footage .... you can really start to understand where dances and customs come from .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB8UodV_DJg

View Profile of Cap'n Pharaoh Send a personal message to Cap'n Pharaoh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-17 07:32 am   Permalink

I was going to suggest inventing your own tiki idol but reading MadDogMike's suggestion I vote for the Birds! When I was 3 years old my mother made a scrap book for me of photos from National Geographic. My favorite photo was of a Cassowary. I've been so happy to find those birds feathers on PNG masks and to know it's existence isn't just my secret anymore.

Hewey, this has been another fun journey. We met years ago on-line and now your art comes here. Having your Elvis is like a visit from a friend.

Please start the next swap soon, it's so addictive that I would be sad not to be working on something for it. Cheers and Thank You! Wendy

__HEWEY PLEASE TAKE A PHOTO OF YOU HOLDING ELVIS AND SEND THAT TO ME EITHER HERE OR BY EMAIL. I WANT TO ATTACH IT TO THE BACK OF THE ART, THANK YOU!_______________

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-04-17 07:48 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-17 08:47 am   Permalink

Awesome swap everyone, lots of cool stuff all around. Glad I finished up my piece and was able to take part in the trade.
bb moondog's piece will look great on my wall.

Birds is a great idea. Very tropical and yet very open too, I can see another great mixed bag of media coming out of that. I already have an idea!

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation